Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the Preferred Rooms still exist? I booked last July (2017) for this October (2018) and tried to book a Preferred or Club level room, and was told by the UK booking line that there are no Preferred Rooms in CSR. This goes against what I have read various places, including this thread. She was adamant that the rooms didn't exist, not that they were booked (which is probably unlikely, 15 months in advance).

Did I just get bad information, or are the Preferred Rooms going to be removed by October? I'm so confused! I really would rather than a Preferred Room, which I believe will be nearer the main reception building, and I'm happy to pay for it. Can anyone help me?
Preferred location rooms still exist. They are located next to El Centro, in Casitas 1, 2, or 3. They are the same size and offer the same amenities as standard rooms, but like you say, they are located close to the main reception building.

The old "Business Class" rooms that were located in Cabanas 9b, which were similar to a "Club" level room (offered a lounge with some food and beverage offerings), now that went away. They tore down the building and are building the new tower there.

Preferred location rooms still exist. They are located next to El Centro, in Casitas 1, 2, or 3. They are the same size and offer the same amenities as standard rooms, but like you say, they are located close to the main reception building.

The old "Business Class" rooms that were located in Cabanas 9b, which were similar to a "Club" level room (offered a lounge with some food and beverage offerings), now that went away. They tore down the building and are building the new tower there.

I just booked a King Preferred room for my upcoming April trip. Based on what I have read on these boards it will probably be a refurbished room in the Casitas. However, I will make my room request a week before.

Preferred rooms are still in existence. I'd try booking another way or with someone else.

Thank you all for the replies - the CM on Disney’s UK booking line definitely gave me the wrong information, which is frustrating. I will call them in the morning and see if we can upgrade our reservation. We really do want to be near the main building if possible. At least I now feel much better informed than I was when I initially called them. Thank you, everyone!

Quick question on the state of construction (hope I'm not beating a dead horse here).
I requested a room in cabanas for our stay figuring we would be in a good location between the main building and main pool. Looking at construction pictures and reading a few thing online makes it seem that there's no real path way to the cabanas buildings other than walking the entire loop of the resort. Is there any truth to this or am I just reading fake news?

Thanks in advance guys!

Regular dispensers with the RF sensors on the bottom of the cups.

Constructions is in full force. They have started on the bld in the center of the lake.

The path is sometimes blocked next to 6A, only when they are moving materials into the lake/boat. Otherwise you can walk around the entire thing.

Believe me, after walking in the parks, it seems like such a LONG walk. Technically, it's not, but the impression of it is there.

Still a good resort to stay at. Due to our location, 6A, we never really went tot he front, we just went to our bus stop #3 and came back there at the end of the night and walked back to our room, got pop from the vending. To be honest, it was such a hassle to walk all the way to the front (quite dark at night I thought).

I think Disney missed out on some sales in merch.... at other places you usually get let off at a gift shop. You could, I guess get out a stop #1.

D

Quick question on the state of construction (hope I'm not beating a dead horse here).
I requested a room in cabanas for our stay figuring we would be in a good location between the main building and main pool. Looking at construction pictures and reading a few thing online makes it seem that there's no real path way to the cabanas buildings other than walking the entire loop of the resort. Is there any truth to this or am I just reading fake news?

Thanks in advance guys!

There is a temporary bridge between Cabanas 9A and the main pool. This crosses the lake and connects very close to the back side of the lobby.

There is a temporary bridge between Cabanas 9A and the main pool. This crosses the lake and connects very close to the back side of the lobby.

Thank you! When I couldn't find an answer on all the blogs I follow I figured someone here would know.

A bit late, but thought I'd post our thoughts from our stay 3 weeks ago.

We faxed in a request for a renovated room, as well as a top floor corner. Didnt get the renovated room, but got a great top corner room in Cabana 6B. Super quiet, not that busy until the next Friday.

We checked in late Sunday, around 10:00 PM, and walking from the lobby to our room could hear a large pump/generator running near the new tower. Thankfully you can't hear it as you get further into the resort, but I thought it odd it would be running 24x7.

The room was fine - clean, and no smells or anything funky. Was a bit concerned by some of the postings on the older rooms, but it was fine. Not much different than the room we had at French Quarter last year.

It's a fair walk to the food court, but it's not that bad. It just seems alot farther after a full day at the park.

Cabana 6B is near bus stop 3, and found busing a hit or miss. We had a few times we walked up and the bus we wanted showed up seconds later, but other times it was at least 20+ minutes. Only once to Magic Kingdom was the bus too full to get on. (Otherwise pretty empty) But another showed minutes later. Coming back wasnt too bad, seemed about every 15 minutes. The bus stopped at the main entrance last, which I thought was odd as that's bus stop 1. I didnt find the ride to any park all that far, but others have said it's a long drive to some (?)

None of the construction had any impact on us - The barge and stuff isnt exactly pretty, but who cares. Overall, it was a decent stay, and the price was absolutely great for Disney pricing. (We had a pin code to book with)

Hey all,

I just booked coronado springs for the first week of June 2018. Does anyone have a timeline for the hard goods refurbishment for each of the buildings? I requested a renovated room, however, I'm curious where the project is estimated to be when I get there for my trip. I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse here, I've been trying to search the boards and other sites and can't seem to find a clear answer.

Sorry if this is posted already, I can’t search around too much here on my phone as I keep getting “you won a gift card” pop ups.

At the airport and received my room is ready text. We are in Cabanas 8B. Anyone know if it’s been renovated? We requested a renovated room. Just curious if this by chance is one.

I saw on the first post Cabanas 8a was done and some Ranchos were complete.

I'm hoping all rooms will be refurbished by September 2019 but just can't decide which area to request. The only one I don't really like is Ranchos it doesn't seem as pretty. Whats your favorite area and why?

Love these reviews. I kind of wish that they would be a little more critical though. I'm worried that people will discover what a great place this is. Also, I'm very much hoping that deluxe pricing doesn't happen here. If they do a tiered pricing making the tower deluxe, but keeping the original rooms at a moderate, that would be OK by me.

Love these reviews. I kind of wish that they would be a little more critical though. I'm worried that people will discover what a great place this is. Also, I'm very much hoping that deluxe pricing doesn't happen here. If they do a tiered pricing making the tower deluxe, but keeping the original rooms at a moderate, that would be OK by me.
Right......
OK, here goes.
We've stayed there several times and we've always been disappointed.

(How was that? Maybe it'll discourage enough people from staying there that we will have that great pool all to ourselves. )

I have been waiting on tenterhooks for these reviews since they were announced, so I was very relieved that they were so positive! We are staying there for 3 weeks, a compromise with the family members we are going with, and I have never been fully happy with it. I travel a lot and can be a bit high maintenance, if I’m honest, so I figured that if Pete liked it then so would I.

I posted earlier about the Preferred Rooms, and I was all set to phone and see if we can upgrade to those. However, right at the end of the review, Craig said that he liked staying in the back because it’s full of families rather than drunk conventioneers.

We will be travelling with young kids and now I’m wondering whether we would be better not being in the Preferred Rooms. I’ve been to plenty of professional conferences and I would rather that my 5 year old niece see a few toddler tantrums than some drunk conference attendees with a “what happens in Disney...” attitude, getting friendly in the elevator. :scared:

Am I over-thinking this? As I said, I’ve never been totally 100% happy about this hotel, so over-thinking is a distinct possibility!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts