Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of pool towels... it's been a while and I can't recall: are there towels at the quiet pools, also?

2 questions if anyone has the answers: Does the Dig Pool have towels available or should we be bringing our own? Is there/does anyone have a copy of the June Activity guide for CSR?

Towels are provided at the Dig Site. ETA guess my wifi is slow loading.... already answered!

I just returned yesterday from a weekend trip to Disney and my first stay at Coronado Springs. I stayed in the Casitas section in a refurbished room. The front desk check-in experience was excellent. The person checking me in was very pleasant and accommodating. I liked the room decor and the bed was comfortable. However, I did feel that there wasn't enough space around the sink area. Also, the USB ports weren't working. The bathroom sink water wouldn't get past a barely lukewarm. I called about the water and asked them to have someone fix it in the morning as I was tired and going to sleep. The next day, I came back from the parks to still have no hot water at the sink. I called again. They sent someone to fix it but unfortunately, they couldn't as they didn't have the necessary part. At this point, I got a call from management with an apology. Later in the day I was surprised to receive a call from the maintenance worker who was attempting to fix the sink and he was apologizing again and offered to get a new room for me. Since it was my last night I declined, so he offered me late check out which I graciously excepted. However, the next day, even with the occupied sign on my door, I was rudely awakened at 9:00am by housekeeping knocking on my door.The dig site pool was great. Pepper Market is going through a refurb too so I avoided eating there. I found the aesthetics of the resort pleasing and I'm sure it will be amazing when they are done with the construction. The only thing that would keep me from staying at this resort again is the bus service. By far, I experienced the worst transportation issues I have ever had, after close to 20 stays at a Disney World property. As someone else mentioned, the transportation screen at the bus stop would show a 20 minute wait for the next bus and I waited 45 minutes one day and 50 minutes another day for a bus to the park I was heading to. Mind you, I was only there for 3 days. One night after the close of Animal Kindgom, I waited 45 minutes for a bus back to Coronado Springs. I watched every other resort bus queue get picked up at least twice, and 4 Animal Kingdom Resort busses pick up there queue in that time frame. This year alone, I stayed at POFQ and POR and never had a single wait longer than 15 minutes. I really do hope they get a handle on the bus situation as I would love to return for a longer stay once the construction is completed and the new Skyliner is built.

Hi! I am new to this thread but watched 10 videos and tried to scroll through a few pages of posts so I'm not coming in totally blind! I'm taking my kids without my husband in a few weeks and got a great deal on a standard room in CSR. I have only been to Pop Century and liked it a lot, as did the kids. But since it'll be so hot, I want to spend more time at the pool, and I think they'll love the Dig Site (I didn't like the Pop pool). I am concerned about the buses, which I've heard can be difficult to get on/take a long time, and am wondering how close we can even be to the Dig Site in a standard room. I'd prefer a renovated room, but don't know where they are in relation to the pool. If any of you have also been to Pop, should I just stay there instead this time (CRS was only $15 more a night)? Recommendations for room requests?? Thanks!!

I wouldn't switch to Pop. Your kids will love the Dig Site pool. I was in the Casitas section and this section is all remodeled, however, I'm not sure if there are any standard rooms. The Dig Site Pool was about a 5 minute, at most, walk from building 4 where my room was. The Ranchos section is the closest to the Dig Site pool and I saw that they are currently being remodeled. I know some of the Cabanas have also been remodeled and some of that section is really close to that pool as well. As far as the buses, well, see my first post above.

Hi! I am new to this thread but watched 10 videos and tried to scroll through a few pages of posts so I'm not coming in totally blind! I'm taking my kids without my husband in a few weeks and got a great deal on a standard room in CSR. I have only been to Pop Century and liked it a lot, as did the kids. But since it'll be so hot, I want to spend more time at the pool, and I think they'll love the Dig Site (I didn't like the Pop pool). I am concerned about the buses, which I've heard can be difficult to get on/take a long time, and am wondering how close we can even be to the Dig Site in a standard room. I'd prefer a renovated room, but don't know where they are in relation to the pool. If any of you have also been to Pop, should I just stay there instead this time (CRS was only $15 more a night)? Recommendations for room requests?? Thanks!!
We've stayed at POP and CSR.
CSR is much larger but it has more amenities than POP not the least of which are the pools.
There are four pools with The Dig Site being the largest.
The other "quiet pools" are located at each themed room area.
As far as the busses are concerned I believe that some guests have unreasonable expectations as to how often they should arrive at the pick up points.
We've never waited more than twenty minutes and since there are four covered stops at CSR instead of one out in the open, as at POP, we've never experienced a crowded wait area.
At POP we've had to wait on the next bus even when they've brought out the much larger Articulated busses.
The multiple dining options at CSR are also a plus for us.

I wouldn't switch to Pop. Your kids will love the Dig Site pool. I was in the Casitas section and this section is all remodeled, however, I'm not sure if there are any standard rooms. The Dig Site Pool was about a 5 minute, at most, walk from building 4 where my room was. The Ranchos section is the closest to the Dig Site pool and I saw that they are currently being remodeled. I know some of the Cabanas have also been remodeled and some of that section is really close to that pool as well. As far as the buses, well, see my first post above.

you know, i'm an idiot--i will have my car and have no issue driving some of the time or honestly taking a lyft...i usually do that in the morning anyway because we're hard core rope droppers and the first buses usually leave later than i want to. so hopefully this will mitigate some of the bus issues for us!

I do think bus issues affect different resorts at different times for a variety of reasons. We were at CSR in April and the worst waits we had were showing up when the board said the bus we needed was running every 20 minutes and we actually had to wait about that long. For the most part, wait times posted on the board were accurate (and less than 20 minutes).

you know, i'm an idiot--i will have my car and have no issue driving some of the time or honestly taking a lyft...i usually do that in the morning anyway because we're hard core rope droppers and the first buses usually leave later than i want to. so hopefully this will mitigate some of the bus issues for us!

Buses start rolling at 6:30AM every day. Unless MK opens at 7AM, then they start at 6:00AM.

Kinda bummed... at the airport waiting for our now-delayed flight and got the room ready text when we got here. We were hoping to get a refurbished room but didn’t (Ranchos 7B). Didn’t get any of our requests (we know they’re only requests). On the bright side, we’ll be close to the main pool and we will be at Disney soon! :yay::thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter