Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda bummed... at the airport waiting for our now-delayed flight and got the room ready text when we got here. We were hoping to get a refurbished room but didn’t (Ranchos 7B). Didn’t get any of our requests (we know they’re only requests). On the bright side, we’ll be close to the main pool and we will be at Disney soon! :yay::thumbsup2

We stayed in 7B a few months ago and really liked the location not far from bus stop and right beside a beautiful quiet pool. You could request a different room it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

When is the expected completion of all rooms in the entire resort (not tower of course) going to be remodeled completely. Going in November and I am concerned that even if I request a remodeled room I won't get it. also staying split stay at pop and I am pretty sure they are all done.

Just booked this resort for four nights in December! So excited to be able to get out of the Massachusetts cold. It will be my first time at this resort, I'm looking forward to it!

We stayed in 7B a few months ago and really liked the location not far from bus stop and right beside a beautiful quiet pool. You could request a different room it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.
Absolutely- we actually did that last night (technically today since it was 1:30 am). We were the only people in the lobby and the cast member was very helpful. We stayed in our Ranchos room last night and they arranged for us to move this morning to Casitas 5. I will say- the refurbished room is fabulous. That said- I did love the Ranchos theming also! Pictures do not do it justice. It has a great vibe. :)

Quick question: Are the sauna and whirlpool in the gym area free for guests to use? The main pool area with the spa will be closed when we're there (Dec 7-11, unless they're done early), so I was hoping that there would be an alternative to warm my aching joints in the morning.

5 MORE SLEEPS. Haven't packed yet. My boyfriend keeps saying I'm nuts everytime I say I'm about to start packing because apparently it's still too early. :confused: Meanwhile I've been staring at my suitcase every day after work cause I'm ITCHING TO GET STARTED. Oh well. It's probably better to put it off- just adds to the excitement. Called CSR the other day and put in our request for renovated rooms. Crossing our fingers we get it since it's our first time staying on property and I'm trying to make sure the rest of the fam love it more than staying off property.

Today starts all the hustle and bustle though! I'll be clearing out my camera tonight and finding all my camera batteries and cords. I'll also start downloading a few things from Netflix to watch on the plane. Tomorrow evening we go see Incredibles 2. I'm really hoping the movie is as good as it's hyped up to be! Friday evening we have a mani/pedi appointment for all of us ladies going on the trip. Saturday is packing/laundry/shopping/clean the house day! :cheer2: And Sunday we're splitting the day between my bf's dad and my dad for Father's Day. It's supposed to be in the 90s here in Chicago so it should be a good day to spend outside and get that vacation base tan! Monday we both work a few hours in the morning and 11am starts the vacay! Can't come soon enough! Being this busy will hopefully make time go by faster. If only I had this much work to do at work everyday this week to make those hours go faster. (Hence why I'm here!)

Looking for a quick weekend trip for myself and DD19 in late July. What are the anticipated construction impacts at that time? Room Renos don't bother me, but the pool and dining issues (looking at you CBR) is too much for me to deal with on vacation. Will I be fine at CSR?

Looking for a quick weekend trip for myself and DD19 in late July. What are the anticipated construction impacts at that time? Room Renos don't bother me, but the pool and dining issues (looking at you CBR) is too much for me to deal with on vacation. Will I be fine at CSR?

The pool reno doesn't start until September and the restaurants and food court are in operation. There is some work going on in the Pepper Market, but they're still open during it.

We had our first stay here June 3-9.
Trip started off rocky, drove into Buffalo for overnight (5:30 a.m departure). Got an email at 8:30PM that our flight was cancelled. Not rescheduled, just cancelled. An hour later we were put on the next flight at 7:20 a.m. Phew!
Got to Coronado at about 10:30 a.m. To our surprise our room was ready! We booked a standard 2 queen room and we were put in Casitas 5 (refurbished room). Perfect location, really close to bus stop #2. We never waited more than 20 minutes for a bus, and we usually only waited 5-10 minutes.
Loved the room. safe did not work, they sent someone within 5 minutes to fix it. Bathroom door would not shut more than halfway (sliding door), again someone came within 5 minutes but he said it was about a 3 hour job and he came back the next morning when we were at a park. Next day I realized outlet in the bathroom did not work, I didn't bother reporting it. I forgot how frizzy my hair get in the Florida heat, no sense in trying to dry it!
Pepper market was ok. I could not eat there everyday. We only ate there 2-3 times. We had some very pleasant cashiers and some very rude ones. I didn't like that they did not have a large selection of fruit, veggies, yogurt, etc. At Carribean Beach I found the food court much better with a lot more variety.
DONT FORGET TO BRING ID when getting alcohol. My hubby had to run back to the room several times because we kept forgetting it.
Maya Grill was amazing. The pineapple margarita was amazing. Food was outstanding. (We had the dining plan).
We are going back in Sept 2019 with the kids (hubby and I went solo this time) and we are definitely going back.
Resort was so quiet (although we stayed away from the main pool and enjoyed our quiet pool). Even though the parks were PACKED everyday (side note I will never go again in June) our resort felt so quiet. It was lovely. I would recommend this resort. Conference atmosphere didn't bother me at all, I barely noticed it.

Aside from a taxi (which is the route we may go), what’s the best way to get to the Beach Club from CSR for a 10 am breakfast at Cape May?

Loved the room. safe did not work, they sent someone within 5 minutes to fix it.
Our safe (refurbished room) didn’t work either and they sent someone to fix it. He replaced the batteries and it worked great. By the time we returned from the park that night it no longer worked. We haven’t asked for it to be repaired again but will have to let them know.

Last edited:
We are considering this resort for a quick 2 night stay 9/26=9/28. What will the status of the renovations be at that time? Mostly looking for a renovated room and open food court. Thanks!

Aside from a taxi (which is the route we may go), what’s the best way to get to the Beach Club from CSR for a 10 am breakfast at Cape May?

Other than taxi/Uber/Lyft/Miniie Vans, Bus to DHS then boat to Beach Club. But that depends on when you're going as the boat to/from DHS is not running until 6/23. If the boat is not running, you can walk from DHS to BC.

Other than taxi/Uber/Lyft/Miniie Vans, Bus to DHS then boat to Beach Club. But that depends on when you're going as the boat to/from DHS is not running until 6/23. If the boat is not running, you can walk from DHS to BC.
Thank you! We’re going tomorrow so I think taxi it is. :-)

Hi Everyone! I'm about to book for March 2019 - this will be a mother-daughter trip and she wants to try out a new resort.

We've done lots of research and think we'll enjoy CSR, but am very worried about the main pool being behind in renos and still being closed in March 2019.

What does everyone think? I know it's supposed to be September - December, but what are the chances that the main pool will still be closed in March 2019?

Thanks, in advance, for your thoughts!

Hi Everyone! I'm about to book for March 2019 - this will be a mother-daughter trip and she wants to try out a new resort.

We've done lots of research and think we'll enjoy CSR, but am very worried about the main pool being behind in renos and still being closed in March 2019.

What does everyone think? I know it's supposed to be September - December, but what are the chances that the main pool will still be closed in March 2019?

Thanks, in advance, for your thoughts!

WDW has fallen behind in the past, but falling 3 months behind for a pool refurb would be unprecedented.

We just got back from our stay. June 9 - 16. We were in Castias 3 (3187) had a new room and loved it. Only thing that we did not like was the fan in the bathroom. Any time someone went near the bathroom it would turn on. In the middle of the night it would wake up others. :headache: Really enjoyed the doors between the room and bathroom. It was nice to have an area to change clothes and some privacy. The room also had a ceiling fan and it was nice to have the switch between the beds. We did buy the refillable mugs but we did not use them. We did use Instacart for groceries and next time will order the soda from there. Side note if they say they will meet you at Bell Service it means the luggage area. Sorry cannot remember what it was called. It was near the Airport Check In that outside by the lobby. It is were they keep the electric scooters and luggage if that helps. Another highlight for me was around 9 PM you could step out around the lake and see the fireworks from Animal Kingdom and I think either Epcot or Hollywood Studios. Not the entire show but enough to keep me in the magic. Another hidden gem for me was all the courtyards and the different fountains. It was nice and relaxing walking to the lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts