Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just booked this resort as a last minute stay for Oct. 10-13. We have never stayed here before and I am wondering if someone could tell me where the first bus stop is when the busses return from the park? It sounds like the last stop before going to the park is the main building. Is that still true? Also, where is the construction? Sorry for all the questions! Thanks for any help

The first stop is stop 2 (also first pick up) in casitas section.

The only deviance is Disney Springs bus stops at stop 1 (main hotel enterance) first.

This was as of 3 days ago.

As far as construction it is everywhere from the enterance to the middle of the lake.

As extreme as that sounds it’s not bad at all though IMHO. I will say though the main pool area was still open with that closing soon not sure that makes it better.

Last edited:
So I was watching a passport to the parks update last week and he mentioned that the pool refurb was going to be a little less than what they originally expected. Does anyone know anything about this and if the whole refurb of the pool might be complete by the first week in December?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but with over 400 pages of threads I'm not sure how to find the answer - so apologies in advance!

How long does the bus take to get from the resort to Disney Springs? I'm attending for a convention and wondering if we'll have enough time to go over there for lunch, or for dinner before evening drinks back at the resort.

And how long is the bus journey to MK?

Thanks everyone!

Also, are there roll away beds available?
Thanks for your help!

We were able to get a roll away in April by asking at check in. It was delivered to our room quickly and fit fine. I do not know how limited the supply is. We had a twin air mattress with us as back up. (One of my sons is a kicker- no one can sleep with him )

I really liked CSR.

Link to this Facebook page please

I'm not sure what's allowed to be posted, so I'm not comfortable promoting a Facebook group that I have nothing to do with other than being a member of. Search Coronado Springs and it is the one with more than 12,000 members.

Np it was my first stay too. The remodeled rooms are awesome
I'm sure this has been asked before, but with over 400 pages of threads I'm not sure how to find the answer - so apologies in advance!

How long does the bus take to get from the resort to Disney Springs? I'm attending for a convention and wondering if we'll have enough time to go over there for lunch, or for dinner before evening drinks back at the resort.

And how long is the bus journey to MK?

Thanks everyone!

We were pretty lucky with busses and that said we got on the second stop (stop 2) for Disney Springs I would say allow for at least 20 minutes once your bus arrives to get there. As far as MK goes we were the first stop and after the other stops it took maybe 15 minutes.

That being said so much can happen and YMMV.

Np it was my first stay too. The remodeled rooms are awesome

We were pretty lucky with busses and that said we got on the second stop (stop 2) for Disney Springs I would say allow for at least 20 minutes once your bus arrives to get there. As far as MK goes we were the first stop and after the other stops it took maybe 15 minutes.

That being said so much can happen and YMMV.

Oh fab! That's less than I was expecting. Thanks very much :)

About to book Coronado Springs for December! What are the chances I have of getting a refurbished room? Any tips? Should I go for a preferred room? What areas have the nicest views? Courtyard? Any one know which areas already have refurbished rooms? Any CS experts out there that have all the tips????

W
We just transferred from CSR to BCV today. It was our first time at CSR. The construction didn’t really impact us at all in our room. We never heard anything and our area was beautiful. We were in Casitas 3 on the side closest to El Centro. We had booked standard, but got upgraded to preferred (which has now spoiled us). Of course, we saw lots of construction around the resort walking around, but it didn’t bother us. It may spoil some of the magic for others, though, as there is a significant amount of work going on. There was a small corner of Pepper Market blocked off with walls, but was open and easy to access for the most part.
What is the difference in standard/preferred rooms?

I'm attending a convention at CSR later in the month and we all got preferred rooms as standard as part of our convention package. So getting a preferred room might depend on whether or not there's a convention going on - and how big the convention is. Not sure if that's helpful?!

I’m seeing conflicting posts about this - are all the rooms either refurbished or closed for refurbishment? Just trying to see if it makes a difference to request one or not?

I’m seeing conflicting posts about this - are all the rooms either refurbished or closed for refurbishment? Just trying to see if it makes a difference to request one or not?

Yes. All of the rooms available are refurbished. The buildings that are not finished yet are completely closed. So you will receive a refurbished room and don't need to request one.

Planning a family trip for December of 2019 for 6. I was wondering if the Jr. suites have 2 bathrooms?

Planning a family trip for December of 2019 for 6. I was wondering if the Jr. suites have 2 bathrooms?

The junior suites are two connecting preferred* rooms with standard furniture (beds etc) in one room and living room furniture (sleeper sofa, easy chair, small table with chairs etc) in the other.

*ETA I was under the impression that the junior suites were all in preferred buildings last time I was looking into it....if the preferred location matters, would certainly be worth confirming if it is still true with all of the rooms having been (or currently being) refurbed.

Last edited:
All available rooms are refurbished and three buildings are closed. 7b opens fully tomorrow, and that leave 8b and 9a being worked on. They are not done but you cannot be assign a room in those buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!