Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to know the cost of using the Minnie Vans for CSR using the new rate $15 fee + $2.75 per mile

to/from each of these
MK-
HS-
Epcot-
AK-
DS-
Boardwalk Area -
Ft. Wilderness (Hoop dee doo) -

You can use Google maps to get the distance and then figure out the per mile cost. I find it very accurate.

Would like to know the cost of using the Minnie Vans for CSR using the new rate $15 fee + $2.75 per mile

to/from each of these
MK-
HS-
Epcot-
AK-
DS-
Boardwalk Area -

You can use Google maps to get the distance and then figure out the per mile cost. I find it very accurate.

In addition to the great advice from @dansdad you can also use the Lyft app for the exact cost. Simply use coronado for your pickup point and put in the locations you need the fare estimates for, and scroll down to the bottom to select Minnie Van for your ride type. Exact and easy!

to/from each of these
MK-
HS-
Epcot-
AK-
DS-
Boardwalk Area -

I was curious myself since I am staying here as well. Minnie Van is way more than regular lyft!

Magic Kingdom $27.10 MV $9 LYFT
Hollywood Studios $22.15 MV $7 LYFT
EPCOT $22.42 MV $8 LYFT
Animal Kingdom $21.60 MV $8 LYFT
Disney Springs $26.27 MV $8.5 LYFT

Asking a question about out December 4th trip. With the questions of whats the best building to stay in with the ongoing construction as of today September 19th. I know the Dig site won't be available and that's ok with us. But more interested in the noise being as low as possible. Thanks

for a quick service pop in breakfast in the a.m. is the new pepper market (with the new name) best or somewhere else in the resort? It's just one place?

for a quick service pop in breakfast in the a.m. is the new pepper market (with the new name) best or somewhere else in the resort? It's just one place?
If you're talking about real quick service (like the typical eggs and bacon) then yes the Mercado Coronado or whatever they renamed Pepper Market is your place :thumbsup2
Can i ask if it is worth booking a preferred room rather than standard here?
It totally depends. Will you have a car? What is the price difference? Does anyone in your party have mobility issues? Are you traveling during the Dig Site closure? Do you even need the things offered at El Centro?

We don't eat much at resort dining unless we are staying at a deluxe, so I would personally not pay for preferred unless it was the only thing available. We also have a car 90% of the time. Even if I didn't have a car I might request to be near a pool and a bus stop based on my family's needs, and just use bell services coming to and from magical express. Others wouldn't dream of booking a standard room. All that to say: I don't think there is a universally "correct" answer.

Preferred are any rooms in buildings #1, #2, and #3, closer to El Centro and the convention center though building #3 is more of a walk. No difference in the rooms themselves, so if not a need to be closer to El Centro then don't spend the extra for preferred.

There are four bus stops around the resort, building #4 is closest to the first stop for the park busses (labeled stop #2), #7A is closest to stop #3, #8A closest to stop #4 (but closer to the tower construction right now), El Centro is stop #1 and is the last stop for park busses but the first stop for the Disney Springs bus that goes in the opposite direction order.

We are here now so I will give you some of my observations.

First, we are in the Ranchos section, 6A. The closest bus stop is stop #3. It is the second stop on the bus route so we have always been able to get a seat on our way to the parks. We have gone in the early morning.
El Centro, where all of the registration, dining etc is at least a 10 minute walk from our room. We are ok with that. There are some walkarounds because of the construction but the paths are open and easily marked. When the construction us completed it looks as if walking to the main center of things will take less time.
The only time we heard any construction it when we first arrived and were walking to our room.
The service has been excellent, the new refurbished rooms are lovely and very comfortable.
We have not had any issues at all.
Ask me questions, I will try to help. :flower1:

my sister arrived last night. she's been there several times. none of her requests were 'granted'. so she's asking now to switch rooms. she requested top floor and got first floor. she is in casitas but she says she's so far away she's practically by a lake near a parking lot area and the last room last building. She wants to rope drop and be out before seven and pepper market isn't open until seven so i think she may try rixe now. also, her room didn't open with mb.

First, we are in the Ranchos section, 6A. The closest bus stop is stop #3. It is the second stop on the bus route so we have always been able to get a seat on our way to the parks. We have gone in the early morning.
El Centro, where all of the registration, dining etc is at least a 10 minute walk from our room. We are ok with that. There are some walkarounds because of the construction but the paths are open and easily marked. When the construction us completed it looks as if walking to the main center of things will take less time.
The only time we heard any construction it when we first arrived and were walking to our room.
The service has been excellent, the new refurbished rooms are lovely and very comfortable.

Will a Pack N Play fit in the vanity area of the bathroom? And does the barn door close so there will be privacy for baby to nap? You may not be able to answer but worth a shot.

Hope you’re having a great trip!

my sister arrived last night. she's been there several times. none of her requests were 'granted'. so she's asking now to switch rooms. she requested top floor and got first floor. she is in casitas but she says she's so far away she's practically by a lake near a parking lot area and the last room last building. She wants to rope drop and be out before seven and pepper market isn't open until seven so i think she may try rixe now. also, her room didn't open with mb.

Oh that's too bad. We did not request anything, we are the second floor, have stayed here before too. I have heard that any requests are a crap shoot. The Casitas are much closer to El Centro than where I am at but we booked a standard room. Our bus stop is pretty close. IMO all of the buildings are by parking lots and the lake here. Sorry she didn't get what she wanted especially if she paid for an upgrade.
We had that happen to us at POFQ.
Rope drop has been at 9 all week, the buses leave about an hour before so should be able to grab some breakfast and make it, we have. Maybe her travel group is more cumbersome than ours. Hope she had her MB fixed right away, that would be awful.
Hope her trip has improved. :)

Last edited:
Will a Pack N Play fit in the vanity area of the bathroom? And does the barn door close so there will be privacy for baby to nap? You may not be able to answer but worth a shot.

Hope you’re having a great trip!
Thanks, we are having lots of fun!
I do not know how big a pack n play is so I don't really know though it is pretty roomy, IMO.
Sorry. :flower1:

Glad you are enjoying your stay at CSR! Just a quick question....is the gift shop fully operational now? or still with some construction. Thanks :flower:

It appears to still be under construction but no visible work going on, just walls.
That said I am not sure what you are looking for, they still had a pretty good selection, IMHO but not as much stuff like I remember. The Disney Springs big store selection was very diminished though too. I had to go to another store at DS to get a toy for a 1-2 year old.
It might be where they are at now.
Hope that helps! :flower1:

We just returned from CSR and thought I'd share a few things.... good and bad.
*Not at all impressed with the new rooms. Hated that there's no table. I didn't expect to really be bothered by it, but there was no place to sit and have a meal or snack unless you didn't mind sitting alone at the "desk" and face the wall. The bathroom set up is awkward! Hated that too. No counter to set my personal things while getting ready.... just that small "ledge" above the sinks. It was in a very weird place too.... I hit my head on it several times when trying to brush my teeth. The closet was way too small... not enough space to hang the clothes... I hang most of my things and never use the drawers.
*Even though I faxed in my requests 9 days ahead, I received NONE of them. And the cast member said "well, everyone has to stay somewhere! can't guarantee anything!" Then, got into a bit of a discussion with the manager when she stated that "everyone was requesting Casistas that morning so they were giving those people their requests" and she told me I could have faxed it in.... I told her I did! Then she just stared at me and didn't know what to say! She literally gave me 2 choices and said those were the ONLY rooms available because of the convention! Then I got to the room... and it wasn't cleaned from the previous guests! That is a whole other issue I won't go into here yet.
*Didn't hear any of the construction of the tower.... but we could hear.... very loudly.... the work they were doing on the Dig Site pool (it was closed).... it was very annoying at night!
* the walk past the construction after dark was very CREEPY!!! I was not at all comfortable with it!!! First time in 20 years of visits I did not feel entirely safe walking any resort at night! That really bothered me!!!! Especially since they did not give us our request for Casitas.
* We did love the new color scheme... especially the new colors outside of El Centro
* Liked the new Mercado (old Pepper Market).... it looked fresh and clean. Pretty much the same set up as before, just fresh look with great color scheme. We only ate there a couple times, but it was decent food as long as you ordered fresh. All of what they had in the coolers (salads and a few sandwiches) looked awful! We did have a couple rather long waits though! Seems we were there when the convention people were on their break/lunch.... lots of business dressed adults
* The quiet pool was crowded, which I expected because the Dig Site was closed. But no lifeguards. And the pool was FILTHY!!! I only went in the water for a short time, then saw how dirty it was.
* Buses were ok. Most waits were about 15 minutes. We noticed that the app and schedule board at the stop were NOT very accurate... kept changing! We did have to wait over 40 minutes the one day when we were headed to Epcot.... very frustrating to see 2 of all the other parks buses come by and no Epcot.... then the driver obviously was new as he missed one stop and had to circle the entire resort again.

I think that once the lounge is completed on the lake and all the bridges and walkways are done it will be much easier to get around, etc.
However..... definitely NOT our favorite any more!!! Doubt we will be staying there again unless it has a great discount. Did not like the rooms. and when the tower opens I think it will be over-crowded.... just won't have the same appeal as before.

*Even though I faxed in my requests 9 days ahead, I received NONE of them. And the cast member said "well, everyone has to stay somewhere! can't guarantee anything!" Then, got into a bit of a discussion with the manager when she stated that "everyone was requesting Casistas that morning so they were giving those people their requests" and she told me I could have faxed it in.... I told her I did! Then she just stared at me and didn't know what to say! She literally gave me 2 choices and said those were the ONLY rooms available because of the convention! Then I got to the room... and it wasn't cleaned from the previous guests! That is a whole other issue I won't go into here yet.
*Didn't hear any of the construction of the tower.... but we could hear.... very loudly.... the work they were doing on the Dig Site pool (it was closed).... it was very annoying at night!
* the walk past the construction after dark was very CREEPY!!! I was not at all comfortable with it!!! First time in 20 years of visits I did not feel entirely safe walking any resort at night! That really bothered me!!!! Especially since they did not give us our request for Casitas.
* We did love the new color scheme... especially the new colors outside of El Centro
* Liked the new Mercado (old Pepper Market).... it looked fresh and clean. Pretty much the same set up as before, just fresh look with great color scheme. We only ate there a couple times, but it was decent food as long as you ordered fresh. All of what they had in the coolers (salads and a few sandwiches) looked awful! We did have a couple rather long waits though! Seems we were there when the convention people were on their break/lunch.... lots of business dressed adults

I’m sorry they lost your fax. I believe the recommendation these days is to call it in. Also with construction at Ranchos (pool) and Cabanas (tower), I’m sure EVERYONE is asking for Casitas. If it is important to be in Casitas during this awkward period of growth, I think a preferred room would be the only way to guarantee a spot in Casitas. Adults in business dress is nothing new at CSR. As someone that travels 100% for work, seeing people in work dress, just makes me happy I’m in shorts and a t-shirt. But alas, YMMV. I hope you had a lovely time despite the hiccups!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter