Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful, I think we will switch our reservation to Coronado from POP ... any thoughts?

Wonderful, I think we will switch our reservation to Coronado from POP ... any thoughts?
It might not be too much of a price difference depending on when you go. Coronado has table services and a way nicer pool! Depending on price difference might definitely be worth upgrading!

Difference is only about $25 per night so think we are gonna make the switch.

We stayed one night at CSR last Friday and mostly liked the new rooms, but man those sinks are awkward. It was either risk banging my head on the shelf above them or drip water on the floor while washing my face.
The tower also didn't seem quite so massive and overpowering as I had feared, so that was reassuring.

Does anyone know if the construction has started on the restaurant/island in the middle of the lagoon? Or, if not, when it will begin? Of all the projects, that seems like it will be the biggest eyesore. Thank you!

Does anyone know if the construction has started on the restaurant/island in the middle of the lagoon? Or, if not, when it will begin? Of all the projects, that seems like it will be the biggest eyesore. Thank you!

We were at CSR in May and it had already started then. I would assume it's at least a building by now??

Yes, its well under way. We were there in late October and it was framed and roofed, but no drywall yet. The walkways from out to it were also constructed with railings being added at the time. Personally, I thought the tower was more of an eyesore. Especially given the fact that when you pull into the resort, the first thing you see is this monstrosity and scrims/walls everywhere. The only negative with the restaurant construction is that it created more noise for the rooms closest to it. We were in Casitas 3 and on our walks to El Centro each morning, once we rounded the corner of our building, we could hear the work being done on it as early as 7am. This included Saturdays. I'm sure this will vary depending on the work that day, but it was notable to us.

Yes, its well under way. We were there in late October and it was framed and roofed, but no drywall yet. The walkways from out to it were also constructed with railings being added at the time. Personally, I thought the tower was more of an eyesore. Especially given the fact that when you pull into the resort, the first thing you see is this monstrosity and scrims/walls everywhere. The only negative with the restaurant construction is that it created more noise for the rooms closest to it. We were in Casitas 3 and on our walks to El Centro each morning, once we rounded the corner of our building, we could hear the work being done on it as early as 7am. This included Saturdays. I'm sure this will vary depending on the work that day, but it was notable to us.

Thanks for the info!! I’m hoping by late March it will be mostly internal construction with minimal construction impact

Just booked for the last week of February into early March. Very excited. Was torn between CSR and OKW, but decided to go with CSR to save about 400 bucks.

We just had a short stay at Coronado Springs earlier this month (December) and whereas the construction was noticeable, it did not affect our stay at all. We stayed at Cabanas and hardly heard any noise at all. Here are some photos of the new building, if that is of interest to anyone.

full

full

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter