Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All! I have an 11 night stay coming up and am very excited to stay at Coronado Springs! I have read a lot of this thread but could use some room advice for my situation. We are in a standard room and I prefer the look of the Cabanas, but would I be better off with Casistas? My husband likes to make use of the refillable mugs, so we would like to be fairly close to somewhere to do that. I know the main pool has a refill station, but is it only when the bar is open, which is late morning, correct? That would be inconvenient in the morning. Is Cabanas 8A about the same distance to El Centro as Casistas 4 or 5? We don't plan to eat at El Centro so it isn't super important except for the refillable mug station. Since this is the first time we won't have a car, I am hoping for a decent bus situation. We usually stay at POR and have had to stand on the way to the parks in the mornings whenever we have used the buses, so we drive. I know the Casistas stop is first to the parks, but do you usually have to stand if you get on at Cabanas? Lastly, I am hoping not to hear a lot of construction noise because we are early risers and take a nap in the afternoon. We don't care about swimming pools or work-out center, so those aren't factors. Where would you experts request to stay if you were me?

When are you going? Construction will be done in early July. That shouldn’t mattering you will be there July or later. As for the rest, someone else will have to chime in. Our first stay at CSR will be in July in the new tower!

Hi All! I have an 11 night stay coming up and am very excited to stay at Coronado Springs! I have read a lot of this thread but could use some room advice for my situation. We are in a standard room and I prefer the look of the Cabanas, but would I be better off with Casistas? My husband likes to make use of the refillable mugs, so we would like to be fairly close to somewhere to do that. I know the main pool has a refill station, but is it only when the bar is open, which is late morning, correct? That would be inconvenient in the morning. Is Cabanas 8A about the same distance to El Centro as Casistas 4 or 5? We don't plan to eat at El Centro so it isn't super important except for the refillable mug station. Since this is the first time we won't have a car, I am hoping for a decent bus situation. We usually stay at POR and have had to stand on the way to the parks in the mornings whenever we have used the buses, so we drive. I know the Casistas stop is first to the parks, but do you usually have to stand if you get on at Cabanas? Lastly, I am hoping not to hear a lot of construction noise because we are early risers and take a nap in the afternoon. We don't care about swimming pools or work-out center, so those aren't factors. Where would you experts request to stay if you were me?

The pool bar shows hours of 9a-11p on MDE app. I'm not sure if they will have coffee/creamer but they do have soft drinks to refill the mugs.
We stayed in Casitas 4 last summer and it was wonderful. We were the first stop on the way to the parks and it was not a long walk to El Centro (except if it was raining and you stayed under the cover of buildings). If the buses were full the drivers were good about calling for another bus to take over the last stop they made. I would request Casitas 4 in your situation.

We ended up in Casitas last April....I had expected to find the theming boring but ended up enjoying the greenery and fountains. The walk to and from El Centro was pleasant. We also liked being near bus stop 2.

The pool bar shows hours of 9a-11p on MDE app. I'm not sure if they will have coffee/creamer but they do have soft drinks to refill the mugs.
We stayed in Casitas 4 last summer and it was wonderful. We were the first stop on the way to the parks and it was not a long walk to El Centro (except if it was raining and you stayed under the cover of buildings). If the buses were full the drivers were good about calling for another bus to take over the last stop they made. I would request Casitas 4 in your situation.
Siestas at the pool has coffee for the refillable mugs but their hours vary. I do not think they are 9a-11pm.

Thanks for the help! We will be there in May, so there will still be some construction going on. It looks like Casistas 4 is probably the best bet for us. Thank you!

Am I crazy for choosing Cabana’s section at the end of April? It is my favorite section and only section we have stayed in. Is the construction intrusive over there?

Am I crazy for choosing Cabana’s section at the end of April? It is my favorite section and only section we have stayed in. Is the construction intrusive over there?
The construction is not "intrusive" anywhere. I will have stayed at CSR 4 times in the past year and have NEVER been effected by the construction, except to talk with some of the builders to tell them how great everything looks. Don't let the hype cloud your experience.

Agree with DWillowBay, I am here right now and have not been impacted by the construction at all. I’m sitting at the pool right now and can not hear a sound from the construction and we have never heard a sound in our room. Don’t let the construction determine what building you stay in.

Does anyone know if they sell containers of half and half in the resort shop? I'd like it for my coffee in the mornings (I can't stand the powdered stuff!)
Thank you.

Does anyone know if they sell containers of half and half in the resort shop? I'd like it for my coffee in the mornings (I can't stand the powdered stuff!)
Thank you.
I am the same way. I have never seen it anywhere. I buy land o lakes creamers and pack in my suitcase. They contain real cream and are a good substitute.

I do not know but there are liquid coffee mate singles in the rooms.

I am the same way. I have never seen it anywhere. I buy land o lakes creamers and pack in my suitcase. They contain real cream and are a good substitute.

Great, thank you! I can probably do the liquid coffee mate, but will try to buy some of the land o lakes ones before my trip to take along!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!