Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is going on August 12-13th at Coronado? I'm trying to adjust our trip and save some money but those 2 nights are completely sold out,

According to Coronado Springs Buzz FB page, they added a new self serve mug refill station at Siestas. Its about time
Is this a for-sure thing? Does this make Ranchos a decent option, if we don't plan on eating at El Centro? The construction would be further away, it is one bus stop earlier than Cabanas, and near a drink refill station...Is this all correct? Or is Ranchos still pretty far from everything so not an ideal situation?

Does anyone know if I can upgrade to AP's at the concierge desk or do I need to do that at ticket window?

Thanks

Does anyone know if I can upgrade to AP's at the concierge desk or do I need to do that at ticket window?

Thanks
In January we tried to pick up a friend's AP at the concierge desk and we were told it had to be done either at one of the parks or Disney Springs. Not sure if upgrading is the same.

Is this a for-sure thing? Does this make Ranchos a decent option, if we don't plan on eating at El Centro? The construction would be further away, it is one bus stop earlier than Cabanas, and near a drink refill station...Is this all correct? Or is Ranchos still pretty far from everything so not an ideal situation?
Yes, a picture was posted of the new set up. That and once the new bridges open up make the ranchos a more viable option

I think I have stayed at CSR 8 times but not since May 2016. I kinda got addicted to Club Level lol. I did try the business class a few times at CSR and for the price it was a great value.

I have a std cl room for Columbus weekend and the presidential suite for Thanksgiving.Oddly it says 1K and 2Q beds sleeps 6 but only let me book 4. I am hoping as we near the actual opening Disney IT will fix that.:rolleyes:

Cant wait for the first posters to show us the tower, rooms, and cl lounge.:cloud9:

I think all changes will look great . It always was a beautiful resort and I can't wait to get back to it.::yes::

Thanks

I have read recent reports of guests being able to do this at the resort concierge at BC, YC, CBR and GF. I don't know why it would only be at certain resorts, but those are the ones I've seen here on the DIS.

I have read recent reports of guests being able to do this at the resort concierge at BC, YC, CBR and GF. I don't know why it would only be at certain resorts, but those are the ones I've seen here on the DIS.
Hhmm I guess I will ask when we get there.

Thanks!

Check out today and I have to say, I loved CS. I had stayed here once for a weekend about fifteen years ago and remembered nothing so it felt like staying a a totally new resort. The grounds are gorgeous, the walk around the lake is lovely, and everyone was wonderful. I was staying in Cabanas 8C, right next to the tower, so it was a hike to El Centro but you can see they are planning a walkway that will make it easier. Never had any trouble with the buses. What a gem.

Check out today and I have to say, I loved CS. I had stayed here once for a weekend about fifteen years ago and remembered nothing so it felt like staying a a totally new resort. The grounds are gorgeous, the walk around the lake is lovely, and everyone was wonderful. I was staying in Cabanas 8C, right next to the tower, so it was a hike to El Centro but you can see they are planning a walkway that will make it easier. Never had any trouble with the buses. What a gem.

How was the noise from construction in 8C? I watched a video someone made yesterday (I think he filmed it a couple days ago) and it seemed pretty noisy when he went over to 8C!

How was the noise from construction in 8C? I watched a video someone made yesterday (I think he filmed it a couple days ago) and it seemed pretty noisy when he went over to 8C!

So, it was definitely noticeable, but I didn’t find it intrusive. Like, it never woke me up or gave me a headache. That may not be true of everybody though. I was there solo so I didn’t have kids or anything to worry about, and I never went back for a midday nap. I also live in an urban area so I have heard much, much worse. I can easily see it being an issue for others though.

So, it was definitely noticeable, but I didn’t find it intrusive. Like, it never woke me up or gave me a headache. That may not be true of everybody though. I was there solo so I didn’t have kids or anything to worry about, and I never went back for a midday nap. I also live in an urban area so I have heard much, much worse. I can easily see it being an issue for others though.
Thanks!
I will be visiting with my mom, who is in her 70's and from the west coast (so time difference concerns.) So far I've planned our itinerary with no "firm plans" in the parks until at least 11 am, in case she needs to sleep in a bit. :)
Thanks for the imput so I know what to expect!

Thanks!
I will be visiting with my mom, who is in her 70's and from the west coast (so time difference concerns.) So far I've planned our itinerary with no "firm plans" in the parks until at least 11 am, in case she needs to sleep in a bit. :)
Thanks for the imput so I know what to expect!

I’ll also add that I was directly across from the tower, so I walked outside my door and saw the construction going on.

Hey All, we will be staying at CSR in August with our 3 year old. Any recommendations on which room locations would be best with a toddler, taking into account the playground, bus stops etc? We are doing the parks in the mornings and plan to be back at the resort for afternoons and evenings (maybe go back to a park one evening for fireworks if she is able to stay awake, that will depend on her). Thanks for any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter