Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Staying at CSR mid August and booked a Water View Room. Looking for advice on which room to request based on who has already been referbed and walking distances.
Thanks!
Views from some of the building might be different now with the new bridges in place and the restaurant. For example, I looked on the TP website which has pictures from all the rooms, and the water view rooms on the ends of the Casitas 5 block looked nice - but the photos were taken without the bridges in place. I suspect those same rooms would have a more spoilt view now. For example, room 5411 used to have this view, but now there would be a bridge and the new restaurant in the view now.

By contrast, I managed to find some standard rooms in Casitas 5 which have some nice views of the water, which definitely won't be affected by the bridges. For example, room 5303:

Hi all,
Staying at CSR mid August and booked a Water View Room. Looking for advice on which room to request based on who has already been referbed and walking distances.
Thanks!
We Fax requested casitas 4 waterview and ended up right next to the quiet pool. Great location if you are interested in the quiet pool and utilizing the nice little workout area that is next to the pool. 5 minute walk at best to the main building and about the same for the main pool. We enjoyed the walk to both since the grounds are so nice and thats pretty much why we stayed there. If you are not interested in the quiet pool I really would recommend the waterview rooms at casitas 5. If you look at the Google map and touring plans you could see the first wing of water view rooms are right next to the bridge that takes you to the main building or the dig site...Great views also!!!!

Last edited:
Hello, I am staying here July 12-18 anyone else staying at the new tower? I have a water view room.

I think there is a FB page, Buzz Coronado or something like that which posts all the conventions at the resort. If I remember correctly, you have to poke around the site a bit to find it.

I just booked and am getting really excited! June 27-July 2 in a standard view room.
I know construction is winding down, but is there a list of everything that will be open/closed?
Does anyone have any room suggestions? I want to be near the Dig Site pool and the first bus stop if possible.

We’ve stayed at a ton of other Disney resorts but never CSR. I’m getting really excited to try this one out now!

That restaurant looks beautiful! Can’t wait for our trip next month... staying in the tower. I’d love to see some pictures of the inside of the tower...

I also want to see the inside since I’m also staying next month! Lol. And wondering if it’s worth 250$ more for a water view room vs standard lol in the tower.

Someone on here somewhere mentioned standard rooms may look out towards fireworks at one of the parks... not sure of the veracity of that tho.

Someone on here somewhere mentioned standard rooms may look out towards fireworks at one of the parks... not sure of the veracity of that tho.
You should definitely be able to see fireworks from some rooms on the high floors on the opposite side of the tower from the lake. It looks like from the shape of the tower building, some rooms will face the Hollywood Studios pyro launch point (circled in yellow on attached) and some rooms will face toward Epcot. Tower circled in red.

0F11CA3E-97FE-4577-8179-F35755338903.jpeg

You should definitely be able to see fireworks from some rooms on the high floors on the opposite side of the tower from the lake. It looks like from the shape of the tower building, some rooms will face the Hollywood Studios pyro launch point (circled in yellow on attached) and some rooms will face toward Epcot. Tower circled in red.

View attachment 407422

I know we’ve stayed in Casitas before the tower was built & were pleasantly surprised that we had a pretty good view of DHS fireworks across the lake; so we’re hopeful that there could be some nice views from those standard tower rooms, too, as well as from Toledo. :)

I just booked and am getting really excited! June 27-July 2 in a standard view room.
I know construction is winding down, but is there a list of everything that will be open/closed?
Does anyone have any room suggestions? I want to be near the Dig Site pool and the first bus stop if possible.

We’ve stayed at a ton of other Disney resorts but never CSR. I’m getting really excited to try this one out now!

Everything is open except the Tower rooms and Toledo restaurant.

The Dig Site and the first bus stop are on opposite ends of the resort. The first bus stop is stop #2 and is in the Casitas section. The Dig Site is between Ranchos and Cabanas, near the third bus stop (stop #4)

Food and atmosphere pics of Villa Del Lago Please!!! I prefer 1st hand accounts as opposed to the big creators and you tubers (sorry DIS fam).

Booked for January. Can’t wait to come back home!

Food and atmosphere pics of Villa Del Lago Please!!! I prefer 1st hand accounts as opposed to the big creators and you tubers (sorry DIS fam).

Booked for January. Can’t wait to come back home!

Villa de Lago opens on Monday. I walked past it a few days ago and it’s very nice. Couches, low tables. It’s going to be a finger food and cocktail kind of place.

Everything is open except the Tower rooms and Toledo restaurant.

The Dig Site and the first bus stop are on opposite ends of the resort. The first bus stop is stop #2 and is in the Casitas section. The Dig Site is between Ranchos and Cabanas, near the third bus stop (stop #4)
Thanks! I am a little confused bc there is apparently bridges that are all over that connect places? However I can’t tell based off of the different maps out there. I was hoping for something close to the bus stop that maybe I could walk over a bridge to the pool 🤷‍♀️. If that’s not an option, is there a standard that you would recommend for near the dig site pool but would still offer some quietness?

Thanks! I am a little confused bc there is apparently bridges that are all over that connect places? However I can’t tell based off of the different maps out there. I was hoping for something close to the bus stop that maybe I could walk over a bridge to the pool 🤷‍♀️. If that’s not an option, is there a standard that you would recommend for near the dig site pool but would still offer some quietness?

Do you have the MDE app? The resort is on there with all the bridges. If you want to be at first bus stop, you can request Casitas 4 or 5 and use the bridge to cross to the Dig Site.

Marbee we stayed in Casitas 4 and that sounds ideal for you. It’s close to the first bus stop and a very manageable walk to the Dig Site and a super short walk to the quiet pool. I would request that area for sure.

Please excuse my ignorance but what exactly do you get with Club Level access?
Is it worth the upcharge?

Casitas 4 is definitely right next to the first bus stop and a 5 minute walk to el centro which would be the last stop b4 heading out to the parks. Short walk over the bridge to dig site pool. Like I said in a previous post casitas 5 water view might be one of the better room request now. Use touring plans to get your exact room # but that green dot area is steps from the bridge with beautiful views of the resort.2017-08-31-CSprings-05.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter