Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are saying here in a few weeks. ...

Were not big drinkers however we are snackers lol

Is BC that much better. .. are the food offerings worth an upgrade for a short trip?

We are saying here in a few weeks. ... Were not big drinkers however we are snackers lol Is BC that much better. .. are the food offerings worth an upgrade for a short trip?
How many people would leave the park between 5-10pm just to get a snack for free from business class. Not a cream cheese pretzel, Mickey head ice cream, or dole whip, but crackers. I can't even make the sacrifice for being at pool when the lifeguard and slide are open. The alcohol BC offers is also not choice. Wondering how this is worth $40 extra / day?

Hello! We were originally booked with a Memory Maker package for our third trip to Port Orleans Riverside in September. Once rumors of free dining surfaced, we decided to research alternate resorts. After digging through the original CSR thread and scouring every internet review possible, we decided to switch to CSR whether POR was excluded or not! We really love the theme of this resort and the cleanliness.

Yesterday morning I was on hold for an hour and a half (I even took a shower while I was waiting!! :eek:) before I had to give up and take my daughter to school. Yes, I did consider letting her be tardy, but they were leaving for a field trip right after the first bell. Yes, I could have continued to hold since I was on my cell phone, but this trip is a surprise for her and I want to keep it that way!! Luckily, my best friend stuck it out for 2+ hours, and she was able to make the changes for me! Three cheers for best friends and free dining! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Our travel party will consist of my family (husband, two kids) and my best friend's family (her husband, her two kids, and her parents). We'll also be meeting up with our friend who now lives in New Jersey and her family (her two daughters, her parents, her boyfriend and his daughter). We've got all kinds of fun things planned, including all of our ADR's.

Now all we can do is get some insider tips on CSR and count down the days until we can make our FP+ selections! party:

Emme said:
I am not paying an extra $50 a day... I am paying an extra $44 for the week!!!! Not sure where the $50 a day is coming from?

A few to maybe $10/night seems more reasonable but BC wasn't offered for my dates @ a discount so it was a little over $50 a night difference

Staying at CSR in November. Has anyone ever stayed business class before? Would it be worth an extra $400?

** OK I apologize for the misinformation I posted earlier (now deleted). It does come to approx. $50 more a night. Just spoke with a CM at length. We wanted a moderate resort no question. Only CBR and CSR are available with free dining. CBR preferred room is in total for the week $59 more than the CSR business class we have booked. Here is how we are justifying the $59 a week difference between CSR and CBR .

1)We really wanted a preferred room and of course they were all out at CSR. As we all know CSR is huge and I definitely wanted a preferred location. The business class gives us that.

2) Queen Beds. CSR has them CBR does not.

3) The free continental breakfast. Won't have to pack cereal, buy milk...

4) Afternoon snacks/Wine. Nice little treat of chips/dip before we head out to dinner.

These are our main reasons. Again, we had the free dining plan so we really had to choose what was important to us between the two resorts being offered.

*So basically it came down to a preferred room at CSR or a preferred room at CBR and for a difference of $59 for the WEEK between the two. Hands down for us CSR WINS!!

I noticed that the website shows absolutely no availability for the 3rd week of September. My sister is hoping to stay there since both PO resorts are excluded from FD. Anyone know if there's any hope in some opening up when announce the FD general discount? Getting very nervous. Thx!

I noticed that the website shows absolutely no availability for the 3rd week of September. My sister is hoping to stay there since both PO resorts are excluded from FD. Anyone know if there's any hope in some opening up when announce the FD general discount? Getting very nervous. Thx!

All I can tell you is that, for months, we were trying to get CSR for that week in September. There's been "limited to no availability" for quite some time. Could be the conventions have the rooms booked and some will be released as we get closer to September. :confused3 (but I guess that won't help you for FD.) I do wish you luck - keep trying and you just might get lucky! ;)

How many people would leave the park between 5-10pm just to get a snack for free from business class. Not a cream cheese pretzel, Mickey head ice cream, or dole whip, but crackers. I can't even make the sacrifice for being at pool when the lifeguard and slide are open. The alcohol BC offers is also not choice. Wondering how this is worth $40 extra / day?

We book Business Class for the room location. It is the premium location at CSR. I consider any use I get of the lounge just a bonus. I wouldn't book it based on getting my $50 a day out of the lounge.

We book Business Class for the room location. It is the premium location at CSR. I consider any use I get of the lounge just a bonus. I wouldn't book it based on getting my $50 a day out of the lounge.

Yup, exactly. Minimal price difference between this mod's preferred location and others ;)

I think they mean across the lake. I am here now, have Stayed before also and it is a short walk between the 2 but definitely not right beside. Esp. When compared to other resort, this one is much bigger and more spread out. Just be aware you will have to walk a ways to something, no matter which area you stay, even BC.
BTW, you can get your drinks to go in the lounge. Water is in carafe so you just pour into to-go cup to take it. No bottled water, we asked. Lol

Cabanas 9B is a 2 min walk to the Digsite pool area and a 3 min walk to the food court. I don't consider that alot of walking. There is a video on Buzz's site where someone walks from Ranchos to Pepper Market at a normal walikng pace in 7 mins. The walking times and distances at CSR are greatly exaggerated by some people on this forum. There is more walking from the far rooms at the Deluxe resorts than Business Class location at CSR.

We will be here in a Business class room with FD end of Sept/beg of Oct. for the first time! Excited to try a new resort but will only stay there of guaranteed the cabanas section (we are from AZ and don't want to vacation in a southwestern-style section and prefer the beachy part) Can someone clarify that business class rooms are all in 9B? I am fine with anywhere in that building but don't want to miss requesting it if I need to :). Also, where exactly is the Coconino Lounge located? Thanks!

Our 6 night CSR reservation with FD, Sept. 6 - Sept. 12 is less than a preferred room at POR with a RO discount of 20%, allowing a measly $500 for food or $480 OOP for the QS dining plan. My 6 nights business class Cabanas 9B room, 6 day park tickets for 2, and FD=$2212 total. Preferred at POR with 20% RO discount, $500 for food for 2 people/7 days, 6 day park tickets for 2=$2363. Duh. We're going to CSR! :yay: If I switched over to garden view at POR with the RO discount, park tickets, $500 food=$2183. Wow! A big savings of $29! Nope. Like I said, CSR, business class, "free" snacks and drinks, close the the Dig Site and food court and bus stop=no brainer. ;)

We will be here in a Business class room with FD end of Sept/beg of Oct. for the first time! Excited to try a new resort but will only stay there of guaranteed the cabanas section (we are from AZ and don't want to vacation in a southwestern-style section and prefer the beachy part) Can someone clarify that business class rooms are all in 9B? I am fine with anywhere in that building but don't want to miss requesting it if I need to :). Also, where exactly is the Coconino Lounge located? Thanks!

Yes, Business Class is 9B. You are guaranteed a room in that building. The Lounge is on the main floor in the middle/front side of the first section of 9B.

saskdw said:
Cabanas 9B is a 2 min walk to the Digsite pool area and a 3 min walk to the food court. I don't consider that alot of walking. There is a video on Buzz's site where someone walks from Ranchos to Pepper Market at a normal walikng pace in 7 mins. The walking times and distances at CSR are greatly exaggerated by some people on this forum. There is more walking from the far rooms at the Deluxe resorts than Business Class location at CSR.

I understand where everything is at. As I said I am here now in BC, some ppl exaggerate it but I do think it is fair for those who don't know the resort, that they understand that "right by" is not walk out of your room around the corner and there is the pool. Here everything is a short walk. I can stand at my room in business and barely see the dig site, but it is a short walk across the way.

Food alone in BC isn't worth the extra money, IMHO. But location is prime to us so between the two definitely worth it. They have pastries and bagels one morning and muffins and bagel the next. It rotates with the offerings. There is berries, melon and pineapple. Also yogurt and granola, coffee, milk and OJ.
Las night we went down for beer and sangrias and then hubby went back and got us each one to bring back to the room. Evening snacks are pretzels, white choc pretzels, nuts, 3 kinds chips and dips, cans soda, 3 different beers, 2 wines and sangrias. This is not something you could use in place of dinner, just something to snack on with your drinks.

We are thinking of bookings business class to insure location. However the lounge seems to be an added bonus. What is included in the lounge? Do you have to pay for items in the lounge?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!