Disney's Dark Kingdom (Complete list on pg 24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dfan79

DIS Veteran
I read that the newest park will be called Dark Kingdom, which will be based on the villians. With the main centerpiece being Malificent's (spelling?) castle.

The lands might be called

Pirates Cove, Ghost town, Villain Ville and Witch Way

Welcome to the boards!

BTW, that would be the fifth park...

I have read about the 5th gate for well over 10 years now... Plus another park in the central US.

Based on the economy and the earnings posted by Disney this past year, I doubt that it is even more than a concept at this point still... WDW is also concentrating the on 4 gates they already have (as shown by the work being done at MK) Just mho..

It is a fun thought though.. I would love a 5th gate based on the Villains... :thumbsup2

Welcome to the boards!

That would be so cool if they did that? I think it would capture that tween boy audience that is wanting to "Can we take a day off the WDW trip and go to Harry Potter?" Check my signature :lmao:

When we were at WDW in March 08 ( I think it was that trip ;) ) there was something on the local news showing lots of big, black SUV's from overhead on a piece of land that they said would be the next park called Night Kingdom. Three years later and nothing seems to be happening with that. The concept would be VERY cool! I hope that it someday becomes a reality!

That would be so cool if they did that? I think it would capture that tween boy audience that is wanting to "Can we take a day off the WDW trip and go to Harry Potter?" Check my signature :lmao:

I agree with this. My DS 14 doesn't even want to go with us in Nov, but my DS10 will go. They both are asking when will we make our next trip to US and IOA. I think I'm the only one who actually loves WDW, but I'm also the only girl of the house.

Welcome to the boards! :)

That would be cool! Hopefully it will come to pass and the prices won't go up too much more.

If you can remember where you read that, we would love to see it. :lovestruc I get excited when I hear about Disney changes. :banana:

I've heard this rumor for a couple of years also. Does anyone have any news articles or sources for the rumor? I think it would be a great idea - hope Disney will go through with it someday.

If you go to the home page of the dis boards. Near the top is a section labled "DIS SITE UPDATES", scroll down a little until you reach "Walt Disney World Never Built". Click on it to go to a very intersting (but lengthy) article on different concepts and ideas that have never come to fruition, but could some day. This one is discuused as well as many others.

I agree with Diamond and Mac, this might be an effective way to draw in teens. I love the new fantasyland, but it seems targeted for the young and young at heart.

This it the longest amount of time since the opening of the Magic Kingdom that there has not been a new park being planned or under construction in the WDW property.

I've heard of the "villain" park myself, but I don't think it's likely to happen. I think being able to use the Marvel properties would be better. Unfortunately that isn't possible at the moment.

Sounds like an awesome concept. It brings to mind Epic Mickey, which I just started playing; the first objective in the game is to escape from Dark Beauty Castle. I could see it as an obstacle course for Dark Kingdom! A big obstacle course with harnesses would be a challenging draw for an older crowd. They have something of the sort at Dollywood.

Of course, I like the idea of a Marvel section or Star Wars world, too. Hey, can we have all three in one park? :)

Of course, I like the idea of a Marvel section or Star Wars world, too. Hey, can we have all three in one park? :)

I love those ideas, I always thought that Star Wars should have its own land, but I think that it would be done at Hollywood Studios. Since they have Star Tours already. It would have to be called Lucas Land or something because Indy's also there.

Not everyone laugh at one time.
:confused3

To the OP, I too have heard of this rumor before and would love for it to happen, but an article I read a few months ago stated that with this turn in the economy, Disney is focusing on renovating existing parks with the cost of labor being relatively low. That's why we're seeing major expansion of existing parks at the moment. Although I would personally love to see a pirate land of some sort.

This has been rumored FOR YEARS.With the cost of the Fantasyland expansion, I wouldn't count on it happening anytime soon

I honestly couldn't imagine Disney doing it, period. It seems like it'd be a bit dark in comparison to their overall feel.

Not that I wouldn't looooooove it to pieces. Maleficent is my favorite character!

Also, shoot, I'd just love to see Villains in Vogue have actual VILLAIN stuff in it instead of Pirates and Nightmare Before Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!