Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Hello all! Excited to say we've just booked a Cabin for over Halloween! (Oct 30-Nov. 3). I've always wanted to try the Cabins and FW in general. Took a little effort to get DH on board, but we had such a great time visiting last Halloween, that he finally agreed. I'll be looking through this board and trying to get more familiar with the area. Couple of things, I can think off of the bat.
- How complicated is it to rent a Golf Cart from offsite? Is the hassle worth the savings?
- If renting a Golf Cart from Disney, do you rent for the check out day of your stay? We usually get up and go, as we have an 8 hour drive. I'm thinking we could do without??
- What are some good loop options for Cabin requests.

ETA...thought of one more thing...do you pay parking fees at the cabins?
We've always rented onsite through our check out day. Last year we arrived late on Friday night so we didn't start our rental until Saturday. Pick up time is 1 pm and return time is 11 am. If you returned the day before you went home, you'd be without it for the rest of the last full day.
We like the 2500 loop for the proximity to the quiet pool and laundry.
I always recommend to check out the camping at Disney board. There is so much information there and many helpful frequent posters.
https://www.disboards.com/forums/camping-at-disney-world.24/

Hello all! Excited to say we've just booked a Cabin for over Halloween! (Oct 30-Nov. 3). I've always wanted to try the Cabins and FW in general. Took a little effort to get DH on board, but we had such a great time visiting last Halloween, that he finally agreed. I'll be looking through this board and trying to get more familiar with the area. Couple of things, I can think off of the bat.
- How complicated is it to rent a Golf Cart from offsite? Is the hassle worth the savings?
- If renting a Golf Cart from Disney, do you rent for the check out day of your stay? We usually get up and go, as we have an 8 hour drive. I'm thinking we could do without??
- What are some good loop options for Cabin requests.

ETA...thought of one more thing...do you pay parking fees at the cabins?
Yes there is a parking fee for the cabins. It's classified as a moderate so I think $19 a day.

I apologize if I missed it elsewhere but are they charging a daily parking fee for the cabins now too?

Someone else said they are, but I believe they're wrong. I think everyone at Fort Wilderness can park 1 car for free. My guess it's because you have your own parking space at Fort Wilderness. However... I could be the one who is wrong, and it might only be the campsites with free parking.

Correct. Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Cabins now have a parking fee if you have a vehicle.

Dave

Correct. Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Cabins now have a parking fee if you have a vehicle.

Dave

I see! You're right. I found a thread with this question because I wanted to know more. Parking is free for campsites but $19/night for cabins.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/cabins-charged-parking-fee-of-19-per-day.3685363/

Hello :) I have another question about the parking fee for the cabins. If you rent a golf cart on site... do you still have to pay the parking fee? TIA

I thought of another question. My mom rents a scooter for our Disney trips. Usually we bring it in the room at night and charge (or sometimes leave with bell services). How does it work with the cabins. Wondering if we need to request an accessible cabin so it would have a ramp.

Oh and another one for y'all...
Golf cart-we actually have our own, but we're doing 5 nts at the Dolphin first. The parking lots at resorts are always so crowded, DH can barely get his 350 in there now...I can't imagine with a trailer. There's no where to leave it right?
Renting a golf cart-I do have one reserved thru Disney. Is it better to rent off site or not worth the hassle? They can't bring it to you anymore (within FW) can they?

I have a question on timing of evening activities, particularly the wagon ride and beach for MK fireworks.

We're staying at Fort Wilderness for two nights. On the first night, we plan on doing Mickey's BBQ (5:30pm), the sing-along (8pm), and movies (8:40pm).

Our second night, we're planning on doing Hoop-dee-doo. It goes from 4-6:15pm. The wagon ride is at 6pm. Does that mean we'll probably miss it? It leaves from the same place (Pioneer Lodge), so I thought maybe we'd be able to just catch it if it takes time to load up people. If we do catch it, will we likely be able to do the wagon ride and also go to the beach to watch the fireworks? How early do you need to get to the beach to have a decent view?

If you wanted to do these evening activities at Fort Wilderness, how would you arrange the schedule? It's hard to fit them in with one another.

Last edited:
The HDDR lasts for about 2 hours. So the 4 PM show will be over at 6. I don't know if you will make the 6 PM wagon ride or not, as it will not take long to load. I would think if you bought your tickets before dinner you might be ok

I don't think you'll make the wagon. It doesn't start loading at 6, it leaves at 6. You could leave the show early...
How early do you need to get to the beach to have a decent view?
On our Jan trip we weren't even thinking of watching the fireworks but we ended up near Pioneer Lodge just as they started. We walked up and had a great view from just to the right of the pier. the beach was quite crowded so we didn't sit down there but the view was terrific.

How do you receive your checkout forms (credit card charges, etc) if you are at a campsite? They always slipped them under our door in the hotel.

Related question......How would you view any bounce back offers that may be offered?

Thanks!

Also, are the directions on the first page of this thread accurate for getting to the campground after all the recent construction? Thank you!

How do you receive your checkout forms (credit card charges, etc) if you are at a campsite? They always slipped them under our door in the hotel.

Via email. I haven't received anything under the door in about 6 years.

Related question......How would you view any bounce back offers that may be offered?

Thanks!

Call the Bounce Back number, ‭(407) 939-1923, and ask what the current offer is.

What hours are we able to pick up our Golf Cart rental? Our flight gets in late so we won’t arrive until after 10pm

Also does Disney send room ready text for the cabins like they do the other resorts? Or will we have to stop at check in? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter