Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

What hours are we able to pick up our Golf Cart rental? Our flight gets in late so we won’t arrive until after 10pm
You might want to start your rental the next day. You can pick it up at 1 PM. I'm not sure if they have late hours at the golf cart pick up. But you could save some money by waiting to get it the next day.
We did that our last trip. We arrived late on a Friday so we just started our rental on Saturday. Saturday morning we walked to the bus stop and went to AK. We came back about 1 for a break and picked up the cart then.

How is Disney keeping track of who to charge for parking?

Last edited:
I couldn't find anything that said which where dog loops or not. I'll be in one in Dec for the first time, Second time at the campgrounds but can't wait. Cleanest campgrounds I've been at(2008 i know 10 years to long) though i'll be in cabin so i won't get use the comfort stations i'm excited to see holiday decorations for the first time

Just booked a cabin in December for our honeymoon. Can sleigh rides be only the 2 of us, or are they larger groups? any other ideas for romance while we are there. I love going to the parks, so hoping I will be able to stop and enjoy the resort for part of the trip. Thanks!

Just booked a cabin in December for our honeymoon. Can sleigh rides be only the 2 of us, or are they larger groups? any other ideas for romance while we are there. I love going to the parks, so hoping I will be able to stop and enjoy the resort for part of the trip. Thanks!

I believe the sleigh rides are private and much more expensive ($84). You can also pay to board the carriage that runs each night. Those ones are for multiple people/groups, and those are more like $10/person (cheaper, but not private).

Question about pricing for anyone who has stayed here at the campground...is it common for the tent site rate to jump nearly double during certain parts of the year?? WDW website shows the base rate at around $55 for a site to pitch a tent, but during September & October (the months I happened to search), it’s $110!!! Woah that seems a lot to pitch a tent. I know the holidays are higher, but I’ve never noticed the resorts charging nearly twice as much for a room?

TIA!!!

Yes, it's common for the tent site rate to jump to nearly double at certain times of the year. $110 is a lot to pitch a tent. Wow.

Yes, it's common for the tent site rate to jump to nearly double at certain times of the year. $110 is a lot to pitch a tent. Wow.

Thank you!! Yes around Memorial Day weekend it went from $55 to $87. I was STUNNED to see it jump to $110 in October. Yikes! I am doing the return to sleepy Hollow event for the night of my sons birthday which is October 21 so was hoping to score a tent location for the night. But at that rate I’d rather get on hotels dot com and find something close by Disney Springs! Yeeesh $110 was more than I paid for the tent. Lol.

Thank you!! Yes around Memorial Day weekend it went from $55 to $87. I was STUNNED to see it jump to $110 in October. Yikes! I am doing the return to sleepy Hollow event for the night of my sons birthday which is October 21 so was hoping to score a tent location for the night. But at that rate I’d rather get on hotels dot com and find something close by Disney Springs! Yeeesh $110 was more than I paid for the tent. Lol.

Just like the resort room/cabin rates fluctuate, the Campground sites change based on season. I feel like FW is busier from October through New Year now.

Maybe. Sometimes changing dates one way or the other might open up availability.

January at the Fort is full of snowbirds, usually staying for 2-3 months. Keep checking as your days get closer, room, or site in this case only ressie need to cancel by 5 days prior, not sure about package deals.

Also try playing with your dates one way or the other and see if there is anything available that way. Persistence always pays off.

During our stay next month, we have dinner reservations at whispering canyon before the MNSSHP. What is the best way to get to Wildnerness lodge from the cabins? After I am assuming most people take the boat to MK from Wilderness Loge?

During our stay next month, we have dinner reservations at whispering canyon before the MNSSHP. What is the best way to get to Wildnerness lodge from the cabins? After I am assuming most people take the boat to MK from Wilderness Loge?
Take the resort boat to Wilderness lodge. There is a boat that travels between the fort, lodge, and contemporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter