Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Does anyone have an updated timeline of the construction specifically the beach area? Has the other side been set up to be used yet? Thank you!

Are you talking about the new hotel/dvc buidling going up on the old water park at Ft. Wilderness? We are visiting at the end of October and just called to reserve a golf cart. The cast member told me the walkway from Ft. Wilderness to Wilderness lodge is closed =(( We always walk this at least once while staying at Wilderness lodge. Either walk it or rent bikes to explore the whole Ft. Wilderness area.

We are looking forward to our 1st stay at Ft. Wilderness Cabins...we've talked about staying here for the last 4-5yrs.

Thank you for the reply! I'm more referring to Clementine Beach at the campground. I know that is closing for the bungalows. However, i heard the opposite side past the Marina would be redone for guests. Curious how that is coming along?

Can you move the bunk bed mattress to the floor or into the living room?

Yes, the bunk mattresses are removable. Can you move them onto the floor? I’m sure people do, but very unhygienic. The floors are faux wood with grooves that build up a lot of dirt. I’m a clean freak with floors (DD allergies/asthma) and the cabin floors leave towels or swifter wipes NASTY. Whatever they use to mop isn’t getting deep into those grooves.

If needed, we bring/use an inflatable mattress.

Does anyone have an updated timeline of the construction specifically the beach area? Has the other side been set up to be used yet? Thank you!

FW construction info/updates are usually found on the Camping Board. This is all I have seen recently...

In one of my FB groups, someone posting is there right now and has shared a bunch of pics. Apparently the new beach area, to the right of the dock is very large and has an awesome view of the fireworks.

He also said that a boat captain told them that Reflections & FW will share a "water feature/park" that will be named, River Country. Another person posted a pic that looks like a lazy river in the plans. That would be awesome, IMO.

I'm happy to share the FB group name/links, but didn't want to break a rule here.

Hello all!

We are a family of 5 checking into a cabin on 7/31 for 7 nights. This will be our first stay at FW and we are pretty excited! Have stayed at the Dolphin and BWI previously.

I have a question about making a cabin request. Can I put notes in when I do online check in? Or does it only let me check off my preferences? Is it better to call direct a few days before to make a request?

I am still a little on the fence what loop/proximity I prefer most. I would be thrilled to score one of the 100 loop cabins, but know that is very unlikely. I am thinking close to the Wilderness pool would be nice, but does it get noisy there? Wherever I end up, I do want to be close to a bus stop. We will not be getting a golf cart. Can’t really justify the extra cost.

I just thought of another question... With P&J takeout... is there seating somewhere in that area to eat? I picture evenings going over there for late dinner and hanging down at the beach area for the water parade and fire works.

Thanks in advance!

Cindy

Hello all!

We are a family of 5 checking into a cabin on 7/31 for 7 nights. This will be our first stay at FW and we are pretty excited! Have stayed at the Dolphin and BWI previously.

I have a question about making a cabin request. Can I put notes in when I do online check in? Or does it only let me check off my preferences? Is it better to call direct a few days before to make a request?

I am still a little on the fence what loop/proximity I prefer most. I would be thrilled to score one of the 100 loop cabins, but know that is very unlikely. I am thinking close to the Wilderness pool would be nice, but does it get noisy there? Wherever I end up, I do want to be close to a bus stop. We will not be getting a golf cart. Can’t really justify the extra cost.

I just thought of another question... With P&J takeout... is there seating somewhere in that area to eat? I picture evenings going over there for late dinner and hanging down at the beach area for the water parade and fire works.

Thanks in advance!

Cindy

We really liked the 2500 loop. The loop is small and right next to the small pool. There's a bus stop right across from the loop entrance. It's actually not too far to walk to the Outpost bus stop but it was cooler when we were there. Might not be an easy walk in the July heat

Hello all!

Thanks in advance!

Cindy
Forgot to say you can call now and have them add a loop request to your reservation. I'm not sure what the choices are now on online check in. The last time we did the cabins, they took off the loop request but you could pick close to elevator.

Hello all!

Thanks in advance!

Cindy
I requested close to transportation online and we were assigned maybe the 3 cabin from the front of the loop. Quick walk to the bus stop. Honestly we didn't mind using the internal buses and I really didn't want the added expense of a golf cart.

Yes there are picnic tables near the P&J takeout area. I can't remember if there were more down by the dock. But you could definitely sit, eat and wander down to the beach area.

I believe that 3-6 cabins in each loop that are closest to the bus stop are going to be ones with handicap accessibility so, its hard to get one really close unless you require a ramp for the cabin.

As far as which loop, it really depends on what is important to you. The pool wasn't important to us but we wanted to be close to the Outpost so that we could walk to the outpost in order to take the busses to EPCOT, HS, or AK, so we chose loop 2800 and we really enjoyed it. We would walk to the Outpost when going to the parks and coming home we were the first stop on the Purple buses so we would usually take a bus back to the cabin. We did ride buses to the large pool and Sing along area and it was never really that bad. A golf cart would be great but not worth the cost in my opinion.

We are staying at the Cabins later this month, and our departure time is pretty late in the afternoon. What are the chances we can get some towels to use at the pool after we've checked out, but before ME takes us to the airport? Or should we just plan on bringing towels from home for last minute swimming session?

You need to catch an internal bus. After you park car, there should be bus stops. If cast members not around to ask, first bus that comes, ask bus driver.

Can anyone tell me if solar lights are allowed? The kind that go into the ground. I've been looking for a page with rules on decorating but must not be entering the right key words. When I enter decorations it seems to be mostly cart decorations and string lights that come up. We would be in a cabin and while I plan to string lights on the deck I was thinking about solar lights on the path near the stairs. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me if solar lights are allowed? The kind that go into the ground. I've been looking for a page with rules on decorating but must not be entering the right key words. When I enter decorations it seems to be mostly cart decorations and string lights that come up. We would be in a cabin and while I plan to string lights on the deck I was thinking about solar lights on the path near the stairs. Thanks in advance.

Yes, we always bring them. However, the ground can be quite hard in certain places for the lights and decorative board stakes.

No tape, nails, or anything that causes permanent damage. We use zip ties, command hooks, extra long floral wire to hold lights in place on the deck rail, and a roll of twine for hanging banners.

We are staying at the Cabins later this month, and our departure time is pretty late in the afternoon. What are the chances we can get some towels to use at the pool after we've checked out, but before ME takes us to the airport? Or should we just plan on bringing towels from home for last minute swimming session?

I would not want to bring wet towels with me on the plane.

If I were you, I would ask the resort manager on staff (ahead of time) if they are ok with you dropping the cabin towels off at the front desk in a plastic bag upon ME departure. I would also notify/call housekeeping of the plans so they can leave extra towels.

Not sure what your plans are before swimming, but you can grab towels at front desk. You are able to enjoy all the amenities of you r resort, till 11:59 pm on check out day. The front desk will advise you what to do with your wet towels. Enjoy your vacation

When we've stayed in a cabin there were extra towels in the cabin to take to the pool. You can always request more towels if staying in a cabin.
Can you tell me if they are regular size towels like for the bath or beach size towels?

You need to catch an internal bus. After you park car, there should be bus stops. If cast members not around to ask, first bus that comes, ask bus driver.
Thank you for your help. That's exactly what we did. I've never been to this resort, and was astounded at how large it is! Thanks, again. BTW, our meal was great at Trail's End. :)

Does anyone know if the cabin bathtubs are large enough for an adult to take a bubble bath? Trying to decide if I need to pack bath bombs. :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!