Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

We are staying in a cabin for the first time in April. We rented a golf cart to make getting around a little easier and cut down on travel time. You could consider that?

Longest ever for me was 45 minutes and we ended up with the internal bus as well as the bus going to the park (HS I believe) had to disembark and load a mobile chair so those cost some time.

It can vary. If you time it just right, it could be very quick. Staying at cabins, you're closest to the main depot for the park buses, so you might actually be quicker walking to the bus depot rather than using the internal bus. Just depends on which cabin loop you get.

Lots of folks drive to the parks, swear by it. Of course, traffic at the time of travel, wait at the gates, how far out in the parking you get, all can increase that time as well. Or, could decrease it.

Some people drive from their site to the overflow lot and park then get on the park buses thus avoiding the internal bus.

As a rule I and most folks always say allow for an hour to keep things safe. Of course, they say the same about a lot of the resorts. Took me 45 minutes once from POR to get to EPCOT.

I do feel like it took a bit longer to get to the parks from FW, but I have to say that I would rather take the FW bus to the boat dock to go to MK. Even on our last trip (POFQ) which had a dedicated bus line, we waited forever to get home at night. Few buses, overpacked.
That was never an issue when we stayed at the Fort.

Sign at dock says boat to MK runs "1/2 hour prior to park opening until one hour after park closes".

Contemporary boat starts running at 6:45. We use it when we have breakfast reservations that are before actual park opening.

The walk from the boat dock at Contemporary to the MK is about 10 minutes. You don't have to go inside the Contemporary. Just walk up the dock to the Contemporary and turn right and follow the building and then continue on the sidewalk across the parking lot and then follow under the monorail right up to the gates.

I would post a picture, but for some reason the option to "upload a file" is no longer available at the bottom of the screen.

Contemporary boat starts running at 6:45. We use it when we have breakfast reservations that are before actual park opening.

The walk from the boat dock at Contemporary to the MK is about 10 minutes. You don't have to go inside the Contemporary. Just walk up the dock to the Contemporary and turn right and follow the building and then continue on the sidewalk across the parking lot and then follow under the monorail right up to the gates.

I would post a picture, but for some reason the option to "upload a file" is no longer available at the bottom of the screen.
That is very helpful information, thank you. We have reservations at Crystal Palace and we wanted to get to MK early.

Are the cabins ever part of AP discounts? We are starting to plan our 2019 trip, and my parents want to come. My mom really wants to stay in a cabin...I'm not totally sold yet. Part of it is cost. We would have to get 2 cabins to fit us all comfortably. So, just wondering about the AP discount since I'm also considering getting an AP for me.

Are the cabins ever part of AP discounts? We are starting to plan our 2019 trip, and my parents want to come. My mom really wants to stay in a cabin...I'm not totally sold yet. Part of it is cost. We would have to get 2 cabins to fit us all comfortably. So, just wondering about the AP discount since I'm also considering getting an AP for me.

Yes! I got one in January with a Passholder rate. That was value season. According to Mousesavers, the "rack rate" for my dates was $364 a night and I got it for $226.80 per night :) It's not guaranteed, though. There will be a ltd number of rooms offered at that rate.
The cabins are really nice:flower:

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but are you able to drive the golf carts to the WL from the cabins? TIA!

What is the cost of the golf cart rental? Does Garden Grocer deliver to the cabins? Also, how is the pool..is there a hot tub? Thanks!

What is the cost of the golf cart rental? Does Garden Grocer deliver to the cabins? Also, how is the pool..is there a hot tub? Thanks!

The golf cart rental is $65 a day.

They do deliver to the cabins.

We only swam in the small pool, but there’s a hot tub at that one too!

Haven't been on these boards in a million years....DD off to college this fall, so we did our big grand "last family vacation ever" trip last year. DS says that we haven't been to WDW in so long and he wants to go. So we are going to do 4 nights this summer. We've always favored the WL, and have always been intrigued by the Cabins, I think we are going to do this. Before anything else, can one cabin rent two golf carts? I think that's the biggest concern for me right now. 2 would be ideal, but one would be manageable. Can someone please point me in the direction of the golf rentals, I read a couple pages back that its a hassle to rent from off-site, so we won't be doing that. I'm babbling on....any tips to start me off would be appreciated. me, dh, ds17, ds16. :)

Haven't been on these boards in a million years....DD off to college this fall, so we did our big grand "last family vacation ever" trip last year. DS says that we haven't been to WDW in so long and he wants to go. So we are going to do 4 nights this summer. We've always favored the WL, and have always been intrigued by the Cabins, I think we are going to do this. Before anything else, can one cabin rent two golf carts? I think that's the biggest concern for me right now. 2 would be ideal, but one would be manageable. Can someone please point me in the direction of the golf rentals, I read a couple pages back that its a hassle to rent from off-site, so we won't be doing that. I'm babbling on....any tips to start me off would be appreciated. me, dh, ds17, ds16. :)
Call to reserve: (407) 824-2742
Golf carts fit 4. Do you want 2 so you guys can split off?

Disney rents six seat golf carts too at the Fort for $85 plus tax ($92) but they are first come first serve. You can't request a six seater versus a four seater. If you start with two fours and can get a six, they adjust your bill.

Like G719 said, though, to split up is a reason to get two fours but it doesn't help with a sixer. There are other scenarios when two fours work.

Bama Ed

We are staying at Sports for a week , checking out on a Saturday morning, if I added one night (Sat) for a cabin, is that frowned upon, “just renting a cabin for one night”?
I thought it would be fun to spend the whole day there and leave out Sunday morning.
Is there enough to do at FW, to occupy a whole day? I was going to do either Hoop de Doo or Mickey’s Bar B Que for dinner. Also, how early are the cabins ready?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter