Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Has anyone ever order groceries through Wal-Mart Grocery Delivery. We plan to be at the resort when they deliver. Just wondering how it works...do they just meet you at the Reception Outpost?

So excited - we are headed to a FW cabin this weekend for a very short getaway - flying in Saturday morning, heading back out on Monday, with Hoop De Doo, Trails End, MNSSHP and some exploring of FW in between. Looking forward to checking it out finally!

So excited - we are headed to a FW cabin this weekend for a very short getaway - flying in Saturday morning, heading back out on Monday, with Hoop De Doo, Trails End, MNSSHP and some exploring of FW in between. Looking forward to checking it out finally!
We arrive on Saturday as well. Hope you have a great trip!

Can someone share their experience with parking at their sites? I've read that some people park along the grass, which seems frowned upon. Is the idea "if you can fit your cars in your lot, you don't have to pay the extra money to park your other vehicles up front? I know if I call and ask, FW is gonna tell me I need to pay to park any vehicle over the 1st one, which is fine. I just want to be prepared.

Doing the happy dance. We booked yesterday with the military discount. It's been a while since we've stayed at the Fort and last time it was in a camper. We'll be in a cabin this time and we are so excited. August 2020 can't come fast enough.

Doing the happy dance. We booked yesterday with the military discount. It's been a while since we've stayed at the Fort and last time it was in a camper. We'll be in a cabin this time and we are so excited. August 2020 can't come fast enough.
We'll be there the same time! Going to be a long 10 months waiting. lol

Need help from those in the know. We’re planning a holiday sleigh ride and dinner at Trails End. With the sleigh rides located at Meadows Trading Post, I need help timing dinner and travel time to the sleigh ride. Right now, we have a 6:30 pm sleigh ride which I think I’m going to push to 7 or 7:30. With a 5:30 pm Trails End ADR.

I was at Fort Wilderness about two weeks before Christmas a couple of years ago and I wanted to do a wagon ride with my family. I arrived about 10 minutes prior to the 6pm ride and they were sold out. This year, I'd like to do the 8:30 wagon ride about a week and a half before Christmas. I'll be going on a weekday, not a weekend, so I can't make a reservation. How early should I try to buy tickets for the wagon ride this time? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Need help from those in the know. We’re planning a holiday sleigh ride and dinner at Trails End. With the sleigh rides located at Meadows Trading Post, I need help timing dinner and travel time to the sleigh ride. Right now, we have a 6:30 pm sleigh ride which I think I’m going to push to 7 or 7:30. With a 5:30 pm Trails End ADR.

I think you would be fine pushing it to 7pm. I don't think we've ever gone over an hour eating at Trail's End, even with one of our boys who is a very slow eater. We would probably just walk to the Meadow Trading Post, which is about 0.6 miles (or 12 minutes walking according to Google). Depending on the timing of the buses, you could make it there a few minutes sooner. When we did the holiday sleigh ride years ago it was located just outside Trail's End. We had a great time and the sleigh driver took a great picture of us in the sleigh which we used on our Christmas card.

Not sure what you're asking exactly, but here goes. If you arrive via the Magical Express and have your luggage with you, you can put it in your cabin if it's ready or have Bell Services hold it until your cabin is ready. If you're talking the Magical Express and have them deliver your luggage, it will be delivered to your cabin once it's ready. If you're arriving via Uber/Taxi/etc and your cabin is not ready Bell Services will hold your luggage until your cabin is ready.

Buses start rolling every day at 6:30AM. The will start at 6:00AM if that park opens at 7:00AM.

Yes, you can take a bus or the boat to MK.

Unless something changed recently, there are no buses that run from Fort Wilderness to Magic Kingdom. You have to take the boat.

Does anyone know what time they start selling tickets for wagon rides on weekdays?
Thanks!

Does anyone know what time they start selling tickets for wagon rides on weekdays?
Thanks!

WDW Website Wagon Ride Info and then click "Read More" on "Your Wagon Awaits".

The times of the Wagon Rides are set to capture some of the audience leaving the first and second HDDR shows each evening so as long as you get there before those let out, you should be fine for sure. There is usually a CM there 30-45 min before.

For those reading, it appears you can also make a ride reservation on weekends.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Actually there is a bus that goes from the Fort to Wilderness Lodge and you can take a bus from Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom.

Has anyone done this going to MK from Fort Wilderness? I don't recall seeing any buses picking folks up to take to Wilderness Lodge in the mornings, just buses to the various parks. What is the total trip time and what is the benefit over the boat?

If I remember correctly, there was always a bus en route that transported to Wilderness Lodge from Ft Wilderness. It wasn't a long wait, but to get to MK you would first have to wait for the bus to Wilderness Lodge then wait on the Lodge's bus to MK. Sometimes we got right off one and onto the other, and sometimes we had to wait 15 minutes or so. I would say that its definitely not the quickest route.

Can someone share their experience with parking at their sites? I've read that some people park along the grass, which seems frowned upon. Is the idea "if you can fit your cars in your lot, you don't have to pay the extra money to park your other vehicles up front? I know if I call and ask, FW is gonna tell me I need to pay to park any vehicle over the 1st one, which is fine. I just want to be prepared.
We had a good size RV and had plenty of room to park behind it. We had a standard size sedan.

We had a good size RV and had plenty of room to park behind it. We had a standard size sedan.
OK, cool. I'm not as worried about the size of the pad . I'm pretty confident that I can fit a few cars on it. I more concerned about how the parking is charged for a 2nd or 3rd car, that i can fit on the concrete pad.

Has anyone done this going to MK from Fort Wilderness? I don't recall seeing any buses picking folks up to take to Wilderness Lodge in the mornings, just buses to the various parks. What is the total trip time and what is the benefit over the boat?
You have to travel to the settlement bus depot which is the boat dock end of the campground. Then you have to get on the wilderness lodge bus there and then transfer to the MK bus once you get to wilderness lodge. You would not see a wilderness lodge bus at the outpost depot.

A Wilderness Lodge bus does a pickup at the Outpost. That's the only place we were ever picked up to go to Wilderness Lodge when we went back in March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!