Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

OK, cool. I'm not as worried about the size of the pad . I'm pretty confident that I can fit a few cars on it. I more concerned about how the parking is charged for a 2nd or 3rd car, that i can fit on the concrete pad.
I thought if you had a campsite the cars in the overflow lot were free. If you had a cabin they charged you. I think parking of multiple cars on the campsite is frowned upon, but not enforced.

We will be staying at the Cabins 3/3-3/11/20 and are so excited!! Can anyone tell me if the bunk beds are true twin size mattresses? We have tall boys and want to make sure that they are not small child size ! :)

We will be staying at the Cabins 3/3-3/11/20 and are so excited!! Can anyone tell me if the bunk beds are true twin size mattresses? We have tall boys and want to make sure that they are not small child size ! :)
I measured the bunks as 66" x 39". The way the rails work, they sleep a little shorter than that.

Hi all!

Staying in the Cabins for Christmas next year. I know it's early, but I have found it takes a long time to plan.

Anything done at Fort Wilderness specifically for the Holiday? Also what advice would one give to someone who has never stayed there?

Thanks!

Hi all!

Staying in the Cabins for Christmas next year. I know it's early, but I have found it takes a long time to plan.

Anything done at Fort Wilderness specifically for the Holiday? Also what advice would one give to someone who has never stayed there?

Thanks!
My strong advice is to go to the Camping Forum here on the DIS and post your question

I had heard that there are preferred trailer dealers that Disney works with where you can rent from and they deliver the trailer to your site and set them up. Does anyone have any idea who those dealers are? Someone was going to let us borrow their class C rv but there is a possibility that he may sell it before our trip. I'm looking into renting a Class C in our area but if it is cost prohibitive we will have to just rent a trailer in Orlando. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I had heard that there are preferred trailer dealers that Disney works with where you can rent from and they deliver the trailer to your site and set them up. Does anyone have any idea who those dealers are? Someone was going to let us borrow their class C rv but there is a possibility that he may sell it before our trip. I'm looking into renting a Class C in our area but if it is cost prohibitive we will have to just rent a trailer in Orlando. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.floridacamperrental.com/
http://fortwildernessrvrentals.com/
https://www.korvrental.com/fort-wilderness
I'm sure there's more.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if dogs are common in the Ft. Wilderness cabins? We are considering a stay there (as it would save us a lot of money over our current reservation) but our daughter has allergies. I called guest services and they said that they could do an allergy deep clean. I'm wondering if the cabins tend to have dogs in them frequently or if it's more that there's probably been a dog in there at some point. I was hoping they had strictly pet-free cabins but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Can anyone tell me if dogs are common in the Ft. Wilderness cabins? We are considering a stay there (as it would save us a lot of money over our current reservation) but our daughter has allergies. I called guest services and they said that they could do an allergy deep clean. I'm wondering if the cabins tend to have dogs in them frequently or if it's more that there's probably been a dog in there at some point. I was hoping they had strictly pet-free cabins but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The number of pet friendly cabins is limited. I would call Disney and let them know you need a pet-free unit.

We spoke to Disney just after the dog policy changes took place in 2017. We were concerned because we had reservations in the cabins when the policy changed a few weeks before we were scheduled to arrive and my wife has severe dog allergies. This is what we were told:

• They can not guarantee any "dog-free" cabins as guests can potentially stay in any cabin with a dog
  • The pet relief areas are located in the 2200 and 2300 loops so those tend to be where families with dogs are placed first, unless they request a different loop
  • Request an allergy deep clean to help avoid any issues
We have stayed in the cabins a couple of times since the change and my experience has been that I have not seen (or heard) dogs in the cabins, but we also tend to spend most of our time at the parks. We see many more dogs in the campground area. We typically request a cabin in the 2700 or 2800 loops just in case and always ask for an allergy deep clean before we arrive. We also wipe down all of the surfaces in the cabin with Clorox disinfecting wipes (more because our first trip saw all three kids get a stomach bug and we would like to try and avoid that again). My wife has not had any issues and we very much enjoy staying in the cabins. We will be back in April

Hello, everyone! Headed up to the Fort in three weeks. I've been reading construction updates with trepidation, naturally. I've known the Fort Wilderness-Wilderness Lodge trail is closed and that the resort bus connecting them now exits using the main Ft. Wilderness gate. Is this true? If so, how much longer is the trip?

Thanks!

There are a lot of hard surfaces/easy to wipe down surfaces, so I wouldn’t worry too much. Just make sure they know you need an allergy clean and you should be fine!

Hello. I've heard that wagon and carriage rides are cancelled until the spring of 2020. Can anyone confirm? I'll be there next week!

Hello. I've heard that wagon and carriage rides are cancelled until the spring of 2020. Can anyone confirm? I'll be there next week!

Well it's posted on Disney's website for Fort Wilderness. The wagon and carriage rides are hosted out of the Tri Circle D Ranch (the big barn complex where they keep most of the horses). Due to the new DVC/hotel resort being built in the area, the TCD will move to a new location across the bus road from its present location. So it looks like the wagon and carriage rides will be off for a while.

Screenshot 2019-12-07 at 8.34.34 PM.png

Guess you'll have to catch it on your next trip? :confused3

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!