(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booked a standard studio for the end of September next year. I would like to put in a room request. Any suggestions on location? Just ask for the standard high floor and what? Pool view? Even or odd number room? TIA!

Our last stay at the grand was October 2016. Ive been looking at some recent pictures and it seems like they are putting the coffee maker on the table by the mirror with the chair. are you able to move the coffee pot? This is where I usually do my makeup and get ready and it seems cluttered to me over there?

Booked a standard studio for the end of September next year. I would like to put in a room request. Any suggestions on location? Just ask for the standard high floor and what? Pool view? Even or odd number room? TIA!
I would look at the villa room maps from page 1.

The building is shaped like a T and the rooms on the top of that T are std and have partial poly/water view. Those would be nice and more private. Also ppl have reported seeing partial fireworks view on upper floors on side facing the waterfall.

Although asking for high floor alone would probably work too.

We had a 3rd floor but it felt higher because the ceiling heights are so high. So at first I was disappointed but then when I saw it and was nice.

Our last stay at the grand was October 2016. Ive been looking at some recent pictures and it seems like they are putting the coffee maker on the table by the mirror with the chair. are you able to move the coffee pot? This is where I usually do my makeup and get ready and it seems cluttered to me over there?
You can unplug the coffee maker and put it somewhere else. I've moved them before at other resorts, including last month at POR when the cord didn't reach the outlet and I had to move it in order to make coffee. ;)

Me too! I just put a hand towel on the desk and have myself a nice vanity.

Agree with @Wood Nymph it is movable. I prefer mine in the bathroom sink area so if someone up early the perking isn't as loud. I move it there all the time.

I would look at the villa room maps from page 1.

The building is shaped like a T and the rooms on the top of that T are std and have partial poly/water view. Those would be nice and more private. Also ppl have reported seeing partial fireworks view on upper floors on side facing the waterfall.

Although asking for high floor alone would probably work too.

We had a 3rd floor but it felt higher because the ceiling heights are so high. So at first I was disappointed but then when I saw it and was nice.
Could you post a link to that map? I don’t see it on the first page of this thread.

Hey fellow grand lovers!
Im going to Disney in December but unfortunately can’t stay at the grand. My 2 options are the contemporary atrium tower lake view or a standard room at the yacht club. What would you choose?

Hey fellow grand lovers!
Im going to Disney in December but unfortunately can’t stay at the grand. My 2 options are the contemporary atrium tower lake view or a standard room at the yacht club. What would you choose?
I love the Atrium Cl. It is so different from the others. Not the most plentiful of offerings but they are really nice there. The rooms are all on one floor so taking things back to the room is easy peasy.

Also you can watch fireworks from the lounge and EWP from you bay lake side balcony.

Does anyone know the current procedure for the Princess Promenade in the lobby? I can't find any current info. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts