(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Grand Floridian Folks!

Quick question: Does the Grand have its own dedicate buses to and from the parks, or does it share with the other MK area resorts (Poly and Contemporary)?

Hi, Grand Floridian Folks!

Quick question: Does the Grand have its own dedicate buses to and from the parks, or does it share with the other MK area resorts (Poly and Contemporary)?

Hi there. GF shares with Poly most of the time. It stops at Poly before picking up at GF, so you usually don’t have another stop before getting to your destination... but do have to sit through it stoping at Poly on the way back. Sometimes on the way home - if I have time to kill - I’ll just get off at Poly, stop by Tambu Lounge for a to go beverage, then walk over to GF. :-)

Hi there. GF shares with Poly most of the time. It stops at Poly before picking up at GF, so you usually don’t have another stop before getting to your destination... but do have to sit through it stoping at Poly on the way back. Sometimes on the way home - if I have time to kill - I’ll just get off at Poly, stop by Tambu Lounge for a to go beverage, then walk over to GF. :-)
Dd likes to get off at poly and spend moms $ in a shop then walk back.

Your plan sounds better.

Hi! I am bring my mom to the Grand Floridian December 14- 18. We are huge Disney goers but have never stayed here. (We are celebrating my mom's retirement!) we have booked a main building Club Level Standard room. Are there any requests I should make? I can't wait to see all the awesome decorations!

Hi! I am bring my mom to the Grand Floridian December 14- 18. We are huge Disney goers but have never stayed here. (We are celebrating my mom's retirement!) we have booked a main building Club Level Standard room. Are there any requests I should make? I can't wait to see all the awesome decorations!

Awesome! What a great time of year to be at GF! And in the main building CL!

The RPC (Royal Palm Club) lounge is on the 4th floor - my personal preference is to be on the same floor as the lounge. Standard Room views either face the Courtyard Pool, or there are a few on the other side of the lobby/atrium that face towards the main pool/GF DVC building/Poly. Standard rooms can be on either the 3rd or 4th floor (and I think maybe one on 5).

The crudely labeled floor plan below may help - this is the 4th floor. I had the room with the red dot. My requests were “4th floor, close to the lounge.” I loved this particular room and its location, but really any room would be great.

Hope y’all have a GRAND time!

GF 4th Floorplan - With Lounge Labeled.jpeg

The RPC (Royal Palm Club) lounge is on the 4th floor - my personal preference is to be on the same floor as the lounge. Standard Room views either face the Courtyard Pool, or there are a few on the other side of the lobby/atrium that face towards the main pool/GF DVC building/Poly. Standard rooms can be on either the 3rd or 4th floor (and I think maybe one on 5).

The crudely labeled floor plan below may help - this is the 4th floor. I had the room with the red dot. My requests were “4th floor, close to the lounge.” I loved this particular room and its location, but really any room would be great.

View attachment 284199

Perfect! Thanks so much, we will request the 4th floor.

The 4th floor of RPC is my favorite as well. I liked the room right on the end of the 4th floor TPV. No one on one side of us. However, at the time, there was a big palm tree in the way. From pictures that have recently been posted, that tree is gone.

Hey guys! I’m Finally leaving TOMORROW!!! I can’t wait to start my vacation!!!!!!!!! :cool1::banana::jumping1::dancer:

Just wanted to see if anyone else wants to meet up that will be at GF from the 26th on! Feel free to PM me so we can try to set something up!! Looking forward to meeting my fellow Dis’ers!!!

I hope everyone with vacations coming up have a wonderful time!!!!

View attachment 284199

Just out of curiosity if you are staying RPC can you assess the floors via stairs to get to your room or do you have to take the elevator???

We stayed at the Villas from 10/23-10/26 and we LOVED every minute of it!! We had a lake view room (1314) that had an incredible view of the fireworks (even though we couldn't see the castle) and every CM we ran into was kind, helpful, and considerate. One CM (Jerry) actually went so far as to write "The new Mr. & Mrs." on our luggage when we hopped to POR! This was our first time staying at the GF and it was everything we had been imaging it to be. There was nothing better than being greeted with "Welcome home!" To everyone who is on their way there, I am very jealous, but you are in for a great stay!

Just out of curiosity if you are staying RPC can you assess the floors via stairs to get to your room or do you have to take the elevator???
From the lobby you can take stairs or elevator to 2nd floor. Then can use the gold elevator to floor 3 or just the gold elevator from floor 1 -3. There is a staircase from floor 3 to 5 near the elevator close to the CM desk.

However thinking about it how do people get out in a fire? Must be a staircase down on the end near the other elevator that leads to Gaspies?

From the lobby you can take stairs or elevator to 2nd floor. Then can use the gold elevator to floor 3 or just the gold elevator from floor 1 -3. There is a staircase from floor 3 to 5 near the elevator close to the CM desk.

However thinking about it how do people get out in a fire? Must be a staircase down on the end near the other elevator that leads to Gaspies?
There are stairs but the location is not well known...there is no way to check if you are a CL guest so I guess they don't want anyone to know where they are ( I won't post the location for that reason) If you are upstairs the stairs are marked so you can get down in an emergency. I only know where one is to get up, but I would imagine there is more than one to meet fire codes.

I'm only asking because I seriously hate elevators where you have to stick the card in to work they freak me out for some reason I am always scared it won't work. I will take them if need be but if i ever stay there i would rather take the stairs

Perhaps a silly question, but are autograph books for sale at the GF gift shops? I would like to pick one up on our arrival day, and while they’re available at Amazon, I would love to have one direct from Disney with the year on it! TIA! :)

I'm only asking because I seriously hate elevators where you have to stick the card in to work they freak me out for some reason I am always scared it won't work. I will take them if need be but if i ever stay there i would rather take the stairs
My husband hates elevators too. I loved the stairs in the rpc area floors 3-5. They were so cute I used them the most.

FYI you use the MB on a reader in the elevator and not cards anymore. I prefer to keep an extra MB on my purse handle. It is easier to pick it up and line it up vs twisting your arm lol. Same for room door reader.

Hey guys! I’m Finally leaving TOMORROW!!! I can’t wait to start my vacation!!!!!!!!! :cool1::banana::jumping1::dancer:

Have a great time! :cheer2::banana::bounce::yay:

We stayed at the Villas from 10/23-10/26 and we LOVED every minute of it!! We had a lake view room (1314) that had an incredible view of the fireworks (even though we couldn't see the castle) and every CM we ran into was kind, helpful, and considerate. One CM (Jerry) actually went so far as to write "The new Mr. & Mrs." on our luggage when we hopped to POR! This was our first time staying at the GF and it was everything we had been imaging it to be. There was nothing better than being greeted with "Welcome home!" To everyone who is on their way there, I am very jealous, but you are in for a great stay!

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the GF :goodvibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!