(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could bake or cook. Love the flavor of the GF gingerbread.

Planning a different kind of trip. College sorority reunion, many of us have not been all together since 1988 at a party following a Duran Duran concert. This really shows my age. I am our alumnae rep so trying to plan for 30 of us. Mostly concerned about reservations and not sure if I should give options for lodging or not. Will use events for some sort of party.

Any advice from anyone is appreciated. Is this a large enough group to book a block of rooms?

Last edited:
Could someone please (without being too creepy) take a photo of the room number sign for the RPC room number 4423. I completely forgot to take a photo.

Just had our first stay at VGF in December. I can say that it is absolutely as beautiful as it looks, and to me it IS "Disney". Our last morning before Magical Express was coming to take us away (noooo!!!), we were sitting at one of the outside tables at Gaspy's enjoying breakfast (quiche! yum!), just gazing at Cinderella Castle. It doesn't get more Disney than that to me.

As for the standard view, I'm sure it depends. We were 6th floor (forgive me, I cannot remember the room number right now) and our view was great and included the main building, a little of the beach/pool area, and the monorail.

I felt like the location of the VGF building was ideal, and it was always calm and quiet there. The lobby, while certainly not the same as the main one, is very lovely in its own right, and I adore the fountain with the penguins (from Mary Poppins).

I read somewhere that the MK area resorts are meant to reflect various parts of the MK. Poly is Adventureland, Contemporary is Tomorrowland, Wilderness Lodge is Frontierland, and the Grand Floridian is Main Street USA. It does have that same feeling to it to me. Just...a really special place that makes you happy. :)
You made my day and made me even more excited for our trip! SQUEAL! :dogdance:

My in-laws say the same thing about it not being “Disney” enough.

That’s honestly comical. That place is pure magic day in and day out. When you happen to stumble into Prince Charming and Cinderella waltzing, having a sight line to the Magic Kingdom, seeing the foreworks from your resort—its pure Disney Magic.

143 days until I’m back!

That place is pure magic day in and day out. When you happen to stumble into Prince Charming and Cinderella waltzing, having a sight line to the Magic Kingdom, seeing the fireworks from your resort—its pure Disney Magic.

Yes it is! Aurora, Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine and her wicked daughters, Mary Poppins, Alice, and the Mad Hatter are all there. And the GF Society Orchestra singing/playing "Cruella de Ville" is the icing on the cake. How is that not Disney?

Last edited:
I was reading the Dress Code listed on Disney's page for Citricos. It lists capri pants and jeans as appropriate for women. If my mom and I decided to stop at the lounge for drinks one evening how appropriate are jeans? Do they need to be dress jeans and not everyday jeans that you might wear to the park? Thank you.

I was reading the Dress Code listed on Disney's page for Citricos. It lists capri pants and jeans as appropriate for women. If my mom and I decided to stop at the lounge for drinks one evening how appropriate are jeans? Do they need to be dress jeans and not everyday jeans that you might wear to the park? Thank you.
I just went and read what they posted.

I think any jeans would work if what you put with it looks nice. A cute top or sweater? Sandals or shoes vs sneakers ?

The goal is to look business casual not frumpy. Hope that helps.

Oh try Mizners?

Most restaurants with a dress code will tell you what their code is, but to keep it in mind next time as long as you look presentable.

Have had this happen a few times in Chicago.

11 days until we check in...sorry if it's been mentioned already but how's the daily trash service / room checks going at vgf? Hoping they'll do it by nap time.

If I book a sugarloaf concierge room, will I also have access to the club level food offerings in the main building or only in the sugarloaf building? I may be getting a chance of a lifetime!

My first stay at the Grand Floridian is coming up in a few months! Me and my bf are going for 6 nights to celebrate my birthday. We originally booked the Contemporary but I changed it because I just really really wanted to say in the GF, only downside is at the Contemporary we were in main building and the GF only had an outer building room without doubling the price. How are the outer buildings and are they close to the main one? I'm sure it will still be wonderful, just looking for reassurance. :)

Does anyone know if they've started the refurb on the Beach Pool yet? The longer they put off starting the more nervous I'm getting about it being reopened in April for our trip.

My first stay at the Grand Floridian is coming up in a few months! Me and my bf are going for 6 nights to celebrate my birthday. We originally booked the Contemporary but I changed it because I just really really wanted to say in the GF, only downside is at the Contemporary we were in main building and the GF only had an outer building room without doubling the price. How are the outer buildings and are they close to the main one? I'm sure it will still be wonderful, just looking for reassurance. :)

Contemporary and GF have such different atmospheres, but one reason I love the GF so much is the beautiful resort grounds - having so many independent buildings surrounding the resort really makes the Grand feel like it's a world apart from the bustle of the theme parks. Another difference is that there are relatively few guest rooms in the GF main building - most guests do stay in the outer buildings. If you are going in the spring, you can expect lovely weather and landscaping as you travel between your room, the main building, and the marina. I don't think the resort is all that sprawling (especially compared to resorts like Saratoga Springs or the moderates) but I do enjoy my time spent traveling between buildings there. I think if you look at the positive aspects of an outer building room you will set yourself up to enjoy the stay! For example, without the hustle and bustle of the lobby restaurants and transportation, the outer buildings are quiet and serene. You can also get a lovely standard or water view in the outer buildings. I'm sure it will be a special birthday!

Before I stayed at the GF I had the same concern about the distance of the outer buildings from the main bldg. Each building is very close to the main one, just a couple minutes walk. Every outer building has its own small lobby/sitting area that you walk into that is very pretty and the rooms are just as nice as regular rooms in main bldg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter