(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I book a sugarloaf concierge room, will I also have access to the club level food offerings in the main building or only in the sugarloaf building? I may be getting a chance of a lifetime!
I check in there on Friday if have any pic requests.

I was doing the monorail resort hop and seen the construction, sorry there isn’t any better pics. I just took that one, seen that someone asked.

I also noticed that inside the splash area for the kids they were putting out some new patio furniture and cushions. Sorry no pics of that.

Before I stayed at the GF I had the same concern about the distance of the outer buildings from the main bldg. Each building is very close to the main one, just a couple minutes walk. Every outer building has its own small lobby/sitting area that you walk into that is very pretty and the rooms are just as nice as regular rooms in main bldg.
Ask for Conch Key Bldg garden view facing courtyard. Higher floor if possible. We have been staying here since the GF opened in 1988. never gets old! Hate the crazy prices but we find a way.

My first stay at the Grand Floridian is coming up in a few months! Me and my bf are going for 6 nights to celebrate my birthday. We originally booked the Contemporary but I changed it because I just really really wanted to say in the GF, only downside is at the Contemporary we were in main building and the GF only had an outer building room without doubling the price. How are the outer buildings and are they close to the main one? I'm sure it will still be wonderful, just looking for reassurance. :)
I stayed in outer bldg. for my Bday & it was awesome! Not far at all and the grounds are beautiful!!

Are they letting guests use other pools (i.e. Poly pool?) while the Beach Pool is under refurbishment? I guess there's still the Courtyard pool. Hoping it is warm enough in a few weeks to swim!

Contemporary and GF have such different atmospheres, but one reason I love the GF so much is the beautiful resort grounds - having so many independent buildings surrounding the resort really makes the Grand feel like it's a world apart from the bustle of the theme parks. Another difference is that there are relatively few guest rooms in the GF main building - most guests do stay in the outer buildings. If you are going in the spring, you can expect lovely weather and landscaping as you travel between your room, the main building, and the marina. I don't think the resort is all that sprawling (especially compared to resorts like Saratoga Springs or the moderates) but I do enjoy my time spent traveling between buildings there. I think if you look at the positive aspects of an outer building room you will set yourself up to enjoy the stay! For example, without the hustle and bustle of the lobby restaurants and transportation, the outer buildings are quiet and serene. You can also get a lovely standard or water view in the outer buildings. I'm sure it will be a special birthday!

Before I stayed at the GF I had the same concern about the distance of the outer buildings from the main bldg. Each building is very close to the main one, just a couple minutes walk. Every outer building has its own small lobby/sitting area that you walk into that is very pretty and the rooms are just as nice as regular rooms in main bldg.

I stayed in outer bldg. for my Bday & it was awesome! Not far at all and the grounds are beautiful!!

Thank you all for the reassurances. I know I'll enjoy being close to the main lobby because it's such a nice place to hang out in. But I've never really walked around the grounds of the GF so I'll have to make sure to take time to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter