(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Blue! Happy to "see" you. Ahhh, chocolates! Can't go wrong there. Glad that you had an enjoyable stay at the GF.

Maxie86 - Happy Retirement. Now you have more time to spend at the GF!

Hi there MommyG :hug:..thank you for the warm welcome back! Ohhh those chocolates....:cloud9:..I miss the original ones tho....and the turn down cards....but...some of the newer things that they are offering are pretty nice....like the chef making fresh Mickey waffles in the lounge some mornings..yum!..It's always about the food isn't it!! ::yes::....

Maxie If anyone can make the Disney math work...its you! :wizard:

~Totally not GF related...but..shopping related :thumbsup2....there is now a "rose gold" aka peach color jersey (its a heavy cotton) with glittery gold lettering on it to go along with the elusive rose gold ears....Saw lots of peeps in the parks proudly wearing them (the ears..)...they are super cute!

I was on the phone with Disney today and they mentioned that the beach pool would be under refurbishment through April 7th. Take it with a grain of salt, but I know some people were looking for a date so I thought I'd share.

That's good to hear! Going in May so I'm hopeful it will be open.

I just accidentally posted this on a villa-specific thread that I clicked to from here. This thread seems to be better populated, so I’ll post here as well.

For those of you on both threads, forgive the duplicate. I’m literally copying and pasting my message. :)

Silly question! My cousin and I are staying in a villa studio for 5 nights for Princess. In the interests of making little things super easy to find, I had the thought of using magnet hooks like on a cruise, to hold things like running hats, magicbands, etc. Are the doors metal?

I’ve only been there once and I can’t recall.

And that one time yielded what must have been villa 1429, which was awesome, and I hope to get similar luck. :)

I’m so excited that three separate waitlists resulted in this relatively long stay. We’ve been at bay lake studio the last two Princess weekends, which is a bit of a squeeze, so I’m happy.

I only stayed in a villa once and didn't pay attention to the door:confused3

Have fun tho!

So our family goes to Disney World every year and for the past two years we’ve stayed at the Grand Floridian, I keep telling myself every year we will stay somewhere different but then we end up booking the GF because we enjoyed it so much and that happened again this year! I’m super excited to go back to the GF though I really do love it there.

My only real issue is that the boats from the GF aren’t accessible, when I went last year (the monorail was down, they told us to get on the boat but I’m in a wheelchair, when the boat arrived they said they could not accomadate wheelchairs unless they folded) the boat captain told me I should send in a complaint about it and that the CMs have been telling higher ups for years that they need new boats that are accessible but nothing will probably change without guest feedback. So at the end of our trip in the follow-up survey I added info about the boats and what we wish they would accommodate, but I was thinking maybe I should have taken the issue/request up with someone else. Does anyone know who/what department I should contact to explain my issues with the boats and request for more accessibility? One person may not make a change, but it’s worth looking into, as I still do wish the boats were more accomadating like the ones at BC/YC/BWI (when we stayed at those resorts we hade no issue using any of the boats).

Hello! I was curious if the in room dining was still available 24 hours a day? I know it was last time we stayed, but thought I read it was changing to end at midnight. But I could have dreamt that :rolleyes1 Anyways, we are arriving at 11 pm next trip and planning our dining option for the evening. Thanks!!

Help a girl out with dinner plans please - We are booked for GF 11/20-11/26. Four of us, kids are 13 and 11. Super excited for our first time at GF and will have the DDP. We should arrive to hotel around 8pm I am guessing, but could be a little later. Trying to decide if I should try to make ADR for Grand Floridian Cafe for us so we can sit down and have a nice dinner once we arrive, or if we should just save that credit for use later in the week and grab food at the airport. With a 6:45 pm arrival at MCO, what time do you think is reasonable to think we would be in the hotel and able to sit down for dinner? Any other ideas? We are using Magical Express.

:thanks:

Help a girl out with dinner plans please - We are booked for GF 11/20-11/26. Four of us, kids are 13 and 11. Super excited for our first time at GF and will have the DDP. We should arrive to hotel around 8pm I am guessing, but could be a little later. Trying to decide if I should try to make ADR for Grand Floridian Cafe for us so we can sit down and have a nice dinner once we arrive, or if we should just save that credit for use later in the week and grab food at the airport. With a 6:45 pm arrival at MCO, what time do you think is reasonable to think we would be in the hotel and able to sit down for dinner? Any other ideas? We are using Magical Express.

I don't have any experience with ME to GF so can't help with that. But wanted to suggest Gasparilla's counter service. They have great selections & a very nice seating area. You don't have to do table service to have a nice dinner. Plus you won't have to pay a no show fee if you have any delays along the way & can't make it to an ADR. You could also monorail over to the Contemporary or Polynesian & check out their counter service places too. But I think either of those palaces are a little busier & nosier. So maybe not quite as relaxing if that is what you want. So personally, I'd save the table service later in the week.

Plus, GF cafe should be easy enough to walk in at 8 pm. So you could probably decide where to eat after you get there.

Hello! I was curious if the in room dining was still available 24 hours a day? I know it was last time we stayed, but thought I read it was changing to end at midnight. But I could have dreamt that :rolleyes1 Anyways, we are arriving at 11 pm next trip and planning our dining option for the evening. Thanks!!

Found the article noting the change. It’s only available until 2 am.

I think you will get to GF around 8:15, but I wouldn't make an ADR for Grand Floridian Cafe. I would wait and see how everyone is feeling & how hungry you all are once you get to resort. If you still feel like a table service, you can definitely do a walk in at GF Cafe at that time. If everyone is starving and doesn't want to wait long to eat, you can just eat at the quick service, Gasparilla's Grill. It's a nice quick service...you order at the counter, sit down at a table, then a CM brings your food to you when it's ready.
Enjoy your stay at GF!:)

I also thought in room dining was available till midnight more recently....but I just read another poster said 2am...not sure..but that sound better ....2 is definitely better than 12 ..reminder tho the menu is more limited after 10pm...mostly just basics if I remember correctly...:scratchin

With DME..I would use the hour and a half rule of thumb from landing to resort arrival..and as focus said..I would recommend not being locked into an ADR...at that hour GF Cafe would likely have walk up available...and there are alot if other option available just being at a monorail resort..::yes::

Happy Friday fellow GF fans! If anyone is currently at the world Pizza Ponte at DS giving a free slice of pizza for National Pizza day with the purchase of a beverage! ( I never even knew there was a National Pizza Day...lol) ..It's always about the food isn't it! :earsgirl:

So our family goes to Disney World every year and for the past two years we’ve stayed at the Grand Floridian, I keep telling myself every year we will stay somewhere different but then we end up booking the GF because we enjoyed it so much and that happened again this year! I’m super excited to go back to the GF though I really do love it there.

My only real issue is that the boats from the GF aren’t accessible, when I went last year (the monorail was down, they told us to get on the boat but I’m in a wheelchair, when the boat arrived they said they could not accomadate wheelchairs unless they folded) the boat captain told me I should send in a complaint about it and that the CMs have been telling higher ups for years that they need new boats that are accessible but nothing will probably change without guest feedback. So at the end of our trip in the follow-up survey I added info about the boats and what we wish they would accommodate, but I was thinking maybe I should have taken the issue/request up with someone else. Does anyone know who/what department I should contact to explain my issues with the boats and request for more accessibility? One person may not make a change, but it’s worth looking into, as I still do wish the boats were more accomadating like the ones at BC/YC/BWI (when we stayed at those resorts we hade no issue using any of the boats).

Hi BabyFu18 - Wow that's crazy, I never realized the boats didn't accommodate wheelchairs. I have a DD that visual disabled with albinism and I have contacted Disney disability services in the past. Good luck you will definitely hear back.....Disability.services@disneyparks.com or (407) 560-2547.

How exciting, I have to agree with everyone else. Gasperilla's or a walk up at the GF Cafe should be easy at that hour. Have a great trip!

Happy Friday fellow GF fans! If anyone is currently at the world Pizza Ponte at DS giving a free slice of pizza for National Pizza day with the purchase of a beverage! ( I never even knew there was a National Pizza Day...lol) ..It's always about the food isn't it! :earsgirl:

Hello my friend!!! I haven't been around too much, just quickly lurking from time to time!!! Miss chatting with you!!

It takes at least 30 minutes from the time you land until the time you reach the Magical Express lines. If you were able to get a bus immediately and the bus pulled out the moment you sat down then you would be at the GF in about 40 minutes. Now you have to add a minimum of 20 wait time for the Magical Express to load and go.

Gasparillas is an easy option but you could always just walk up to the GF Cafe and see if they could seat you right away.

Hi BabyFu18 - Wow that's crazy, I never realized the boats didn't accommodate wheelchairs. I have a DD that visual disabled with albinism and I have contacted Disney disability services in the past. Good luck you will definitely hear back.....Disability.services@disneyparks.com or (407) 560-2547.

Thanks for the phone number and email I am going to reach out for sure!

Is there an indoor route through the main building to Gasparilla Grill? Or do you have to exit and walk around the outside to the marina entrance? We’ve eaten at all the TS restaurants at GF but never at GG, and I’m thinking that we might want to eat there at some point next week when we’re staying at VGF.

I don't have any experience with ME to GF so can't help with that. But wanted to suggest Gasparilla's counter service. They have great selections & a very nice seating area. You don't have to do table service to have a nice dinner. Plus you won't have to pay a no show fee if you have any delays along the way & can't make it to an ADR. You could also monorail over to the Contemporary or Polynesian & check out their counter service places too. But I think either of those palaces are a little busier & nosier. So maybe not quite as relaxing if that is what you want. So personally, I'd save the table service later in the week.

Plus, GF cafe should be easy enough to walk in at 8 pm. So you could probably decide where to eat after you get there.

I agree! Like focus and others have posted, I think CS is the better option or trying GF Cafe as a walk up once you do arrive at the GF :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!