(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Trishadono posted a pic of a crib she saw in the hall being delivered. I don’t recall the room fridges having a freezer compartment. But if you go to the front desk I believe they have arrange to have your pack frozen.

Thanks. Hoping to avoid having to go to the desk daily for them to freeze my ice pack. Saw the crib pics, sure hope I get a crib, not a PNP.

~Drive by and page two rescue! Hello fellow GF fans!!!! :earsgirl:...its sure has been a bit...unfortunately life has been getting in the way of one of my favorite pass times...chatting here with you all about our happy place!

Since I last visited we had a very nice stay in RPC...I always marvel at how lovely the GF is in its holiday finery... but...ugghh..the crowds...the lobby is really crazy crowded all day long, evening too...We had nightly turn down service and the chocolates..I sure do miss those astor belgian chocolates...(SueM when I am putting the chocolates aside for future consumption aka hoarding them to eat at home...lol...I always think of you!!), we did get welcome chocolates..heard that this has been spotty lately tho....guess we were just lucky...we used mostly the water lunches for traveling and that service was great...also had a wonderful dinner at Narcoosees..I cannot recommend this restaurant enough...our dinners are always so enjoyable...but then again ...we love Citiricos too ( wonder why it doesn't get as much love on the boards as Narcoosees..location maybe?? :confused3..) all in all...a grand stay...and I am looking forward to our next one...:goodvibes...There's a surprise right....lol...

BLUE!!! What a lovely time of year at our GF! I couldn't agree more with your sentiments on festive finery in the lobby, the chocolates, Citrico's and Narcoossee's and, of course, those marvellous water lunches! You can't go wrong with such a relaxing trip to and from the MK. However, we were never offered a menu, so I'm not sure about luncheon aboard! :D

Last edited:
~Drive by and page two rescue! Hello fellow GF fans!!!! :earsgirl:...its sure has been a bit...unfortunately life has been getting in the way of one of my favorite pass times...chatting here with you all about our happy place!

Since I last visited we had a very nice stay in RPC...I always marvel at how lovely the GF is in its holiday finery... but...ugghh..the crowds...the lobby is really crazy crowded all day long, evening too...We had nightly turn down service and the chocolates..I sure do miss those astor belgian chocolates...(SueM when I am putting the chocolates aside for future consumption aka hoarding them to eat at home...lol...I always think of you!!), we did get welcome chocolates..heard that this has been spotty lately tho....guess we were just lucky...we used mostly the water lunches for traveling and that service was great...also had a wonderful dinner at Narcoosees..I cannot recommend this restaurant enough...our dinners are always so enjoyable...but then again ...we love Citiricos too ( wonder why it doesn't get as much love on the boards as Narcoosees..location maybe?? :confused3..) all in all...a grand stay...and I am looking forward to our next one...:goodvibes...There's a surprise right....lol...

:dance3:Woohoo!! Congrats!!!! VGF is a beautiful vacation club!!

Hope that you are all having a terrific Tuesday...and that I get to visit here a bit more....:surfweb: your happy trip planning (obsessed?? lol) GF friend...:goodvibes...
And I still have some hoarded away, with GF pic! When I’m feeling sorry for myself cause I’m not in WDW I eat one :D
Looking forward to DL in April! Then before I know it Aug will be here and WDW!

"
img_3605-jpg.296951
img_3606-jpg.296952

Is there a small freezer compartment in the garden view rooms fridge? I have to bring a medication that I need to freeze an ice pack for to bring to the parks.

Also, has anyone here gotten a crib from GF? Any pics? What are they like? I cant imagine my one year old sleeping in a pack and play for a week.
This from January:

we love Citiricos too ( wonder why it doesn't get as much love on the boards as Narcoosees..location maybe?? :confused3..)

Narcoossees is okay, but I adore Citricos. Always a great meal.

And sitting up there by one of the windows, looking down on the grounds, especially at that golden hour when the day is turning to night...what more could you want? I just love it.

Does anyone know what is currently on the kids menu at 1900 PF for dinner ? Allears and Disney have two different menus .. does anyone know if they currently have the taco bar?

Does anyone have pics of the menus at Gasparilla’s? I thought I saw differences again between allears and Disney’s official menus..

My ticker is totally wrong because I haven’t been on here in a while but we are coming in three weeks ... we stopped planning because I’m actually pregnant and we weren’t sure if the doctor was going to let me fly, but we’ll be there and I’ll be about 16 weeks :) it’s super weird seeing pictures of cribs because that will be us in a year if we are fortunate to come back with our son!

Does anyone know what is currently on the kids menu at 1900 PF for dinner ? Allears and Disney have two different menus .. does anyone know if they currently have the taco bar?

Does anyone have pics of the menus at Gasparilla’s? I thought I saw differences again between allears and Disney’s official menus..

My ticker is totally wrong because I haven’t been on here in a while but we are coming in three weeks ... we stopped planning because I’m actually pregnant and we weren’t sure if the doctor was going to let me fly, but we’ll be there and I’ll be about 16 weeks :) it’s super weird seeing pictures of cribs because that will be us in a year if we are fortunate to come back with our son!

I forgot I have more questions !

Is the Bounty platter no longer on the breakfast menu ? Is the quiche a combination of ham, Swiss, and spinach, or are there two different choices ? I have a pork allergy and was a bit surprised to see it looks like they don’t have an option without.

Are tator tots an option at lunch ?

Last edited:
Has anyone ever used the washer and dryer in the Grand Floridian? Any pics? Is it a nice area or just your average washer and dryer? I don't plan to use it but if I try to pack light, with an infant, I may just need to. Details and Pics would be great too!

Has anyone ever used the washer and dryer in the Grand Floridian? Any pics? Is it a nice area or just your average washer and dryer? I don't plan to use it but if I try to pack light, with an infant, I may just need to. Details and Pics would be great too!

I used it when I went last spring. I don’t have any pics, but it was just your average washer and dryer. We were in the BPK building and it was on the first floor of that building. I am planning to use it again when we are there this April!

I was on the phone with Disney today and they mentioned that the beach pool would be under refurbishment through April 7th. Take it with a grain of salt, but I know some people were looking for a date so I thought I'd share.

Thank you! I was coming to look for this info since we just booked our August trip!

Yes, our stays are 2 weeks so I do laundry mid stay during afternoon break time. Each building has a small laundry room on 1st fl. I just throw my load in and enjoy the pool. Pretty painless. I use those Shout colour catcher sheets that prevent bleeding and can throw whites and colours in together.

Anyone know, how deep is the water that you land in after coming out of the slide? Do they have lifeguards stationed there?

Anyone know, how deep is the water that you land in after coming out of the slide? Do they have lifeguards stationed there?
Usually it's -3ft or so at all pools . I spend lots of times in the pools/all resorts.

It's not the depth but the fast current that gets little kids. Most people go down1st then catch kid at bottom or one family member at top 1 at and bottom.

When ds was 4 he went down at CBR. He was usually a good listener, he was supposed to watch sissy age 6 then walk back down the stairs . He decided to try it! I literally had to jump in with my clothes when he came down and fought against the water. It was arrive day or I would have been with them. We thought a quickie swim would make them nap.

Boy was that fun lol. I was way faster than the lifeguard:rolleyes1:rotfl:

Last edited:

I just pulled up some pics of my kids at the end of the slide.... I can’t see the writing completely clearly but I’m pretty sure it says 3 feet, 6 inches right around where the slide lets out.

As mentioned it’s between 3-4ft deep. There are lifeguards and children’s PFDs available. I even enjoy that slide! We also enjoy the beach pool Bar & Grill it has great lunch options for food. Once pool party starts we migrate to the Courtyard pool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!