(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that Gasparilla Grill is open 24 hrs?
And where does room service food come from, anyone know?

Yes that's true that Gasparilla's is open 24 hours - however, overnight (in the wee hours) the offerings are basically pizza or the cold grab n go selections.

The Grand has probably the most elaborate options for private dining - you can arrange for anything from a very fancy setup with your favorite selections from one of the signature restaurants on one of the resort balconies all the way down to just having a humble continental breakfast delivered to your room. For the most part, the in room dining options are the menu from Grand Floridian Cafe.

Yes that's true that Gasparilla's is open 24 hours - however, overnight (in the wee hours) the offerings are basically pizza or the cold grab n go selections.

The Grand has probably the most elaborate options for private dining - you can arrange for anything from a very fancy setup with your favorite selections from one of the signature restaurants on one of the resort balconies all the way down to just having a humble continental breakfast delivered to your room. For the most part, the in room dining options are the menu from Grand Floridian Cafe.

Great to know, thanks!

Well guys....the GF has foiled my mission to stay at every resort - and we were SO close. We were scheduled to stay at BWI this summer, which would have been the last resort on the list, but we were at Disney last week (stayed at AKL) and my heart wanted so badly to be back at the GF (I've been this way since our stay in 2016). SO, I have changed our reservations and will happily be at the GF this summer from 8/20/18 - 8/29/18. I can't wait!!! :cloud9:

Well guys....the GF has foiled my mission to stay at every resort - and we were SO close. We were scheduled to stay at BWI this summer, which would have been the last resort on the list, but we were at Disney last week (stayed at AKL) and my heart wanted so badly to be back at the GF (I've been this way since our stay in 2016). SO, I have changed our reservations and will happily be at the GF this summer from 8/20/18 - 8/29/18. I can't wait!!! :cloud9:
I,have SSR left and I can't get myself to go there.

Gf is great in the summer, enjoy!

I,have SSR left and I can't get myself to go there.

Gf is great in the summer, enjoy!

And I should say that we’ve never stayed at SSR or OKW either as we don’t typically like the DVC resorts. We also have never stayed at Fort Wilderness or CSR and probably never will. Just not interested. So I guess I should just accept that we’ll never stay at them ALL. :rotfl2:

And I should say that we’ve never stayed at SSR or OKW either as we don’t typically like the DVC resorts. We also have never stayed at Fort Wilderness or CSR and probably never will. Just not interested. So I guess I should just accept that we’ll never stay at them ALL. :rotfl2:
Lol I have even done that cabin!

Last year with Sl , std gv, rpc, then sl was an awesome year! Never gonna have that again.

This year looking like a blt and poly year. However I'll always, always visit GF! Summer lace, lobby, a drink at the beach bar!

Morning GFers. It's been a busy time down here in Chez Follow. So, alas, my visits to my dear GF fans have been few and far between. To make up for this absence, I wonder if you would like to come along on my day ...

So, it's a lovely morning ... A GF Morning.jpg
How 'bout a little boating... A Boating.jpg

Followed by a monorail to Epcot for the Flower & Garden Festival... A Monorail Epcot.jpg

Or ...

A boat to the Poly ... A Boat to Poly.jpg

For some ... A Dole Whip.jpg

Followed by a sunset stroll home.A Sunset Stroll.jpg

But, only if you have no other plans for the day ...

You won't regret stretching to get back to the Grand Floridian! Like you it is my home away from home.

Morning GFers. It's been a busy time down here in Chez Follow. So, alas, my visits to my dear GF fans have been few and far between. To make up for this absence, I wonder if you would like to come along on my day ...

So, it's a lovely morning ... View attachment 308011
How 'bout a little boating... View attachment 308012

Followed by a monorail to Epcot for the Flower & Garden Festival... View attachment 308013

Or ...

A boat to the Poly ... View attachment 308014

For some ... View attachment 308015

Followed by a sunset stroll home.View attachment 308016

Just beautiful!! I can't wait to go back!!!

So, it's a lovely morning ... View attachment 308011
How 'bout a little boating... View attachment 308012

Followed by a monorail to Epcot for the Flower & Garden Festival... View attachment 308013

Or ...

A boat to the Poly ... View attachment 308014

For some ... View attachment 308015

Followed by a sunset stroll home.View attachment 308016

Great pictures! Are they from a while ago? Looks like it’s before fences around the splash pool and rocks/dense around lagoon.

Love the view of DVC you have there

@followthatmouse thank you for the lovely pictures!!!
Any time, bluejasmine!

Great pictures! Are they from a while ago? Looks like it’s before fences around the splash pool and rocks/dense around lagoon.

Love the view of DVC you have there
Fantasia79, you have good eyesight! Yes, the view of the path side beach is from May 2016. I believe it was just a month before the tragedy that prompted the fencing.

You all at the Grand Floridian thread are very knowledgeable. How are the crowds the days going up to Thanksgiving? We're looking at Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Touring Plans crowd calendar says they are 5-6 out of 10. I was surprised with school out. We love the Grand Floridian and will stay there.

I can't comment as we've never been during that time, but wanted to bump your post in case others are able to help :flower3:.

I'm going down this weekend. Is the GF where the chocolate Easter eggs are displayed? If so, does anyone know when the display goes up?

Hope you are having a great time :wizard:.

Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing :).

What room categories have wet bars???? Is this something i can ask about at check in.

I believe some rooms in RPC (main building CL) have them, as well as maybe some suites (but I'm not 100% sure). Hopefully others will be able able to provide more information ;).

Im confused my 180 days is here as I check into Dolphin on 9/7 and it let me book ADR for 9/8 but when I try to book 9/9 its showing absolutely nothing available past lunchtime in MK??? Also its highlighted light grey the rest of my 10 days (180 +10) but wont let me book anything past the 9th?? The 1-9th is highlighted light blue and the 10-16th is highlighted light grey

Im confused my 180 days is here as I check into Dolphin on 9/7 and it let me book ADR for 9/8 but when I try to book 9/9 its showing absolutely nothing available past lunchtime in MK??? Also its highlighted light grey the rest of my 10 days (180 +10) but wont let me book anything past the 9th?? The 1-9th is highlighted light blue and the 10-16th is highlighted light grey
Bluejasmine, I don't think the Dolphin is included in the 180 + 10 hotels. I could be quite wrong here, but, I believe the extra days are included for Disney-owned properties, the Dolphin is a Starwood hotel. It will be available for your GF and Poly stays, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!