(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluejasmine, I don't think the Dolphin is included in the 180 + 10 hotels. I could be quite wrong here, but, I believe the extra days are included for Disney-owned properties, the Dolphin is a Starwood hotel. It will be available for your GF and Poly stays, though.
Ok that makes sense... I thought since they added letting the disney partner hotels to the fp and dining thing that it changed...maybe not tho

Ok that makes sense... I thought since they added letting the disney partner hotels to the fp and dining thing that it changed...maybe not tho

The 180+10 at Swan/Dolphin seems to be a "your mileage may vary" thing. I would try from a couple of different browsers and from the MDE app, too. Sometimes that's helped me when I've had fp booking issues. Hope you are able to get the reservations you are looking for - if all else fails, keep checking between now and your trip! Sometimes things open up.

Thank you so much for the very kind words and well wishes to everyone who commented about our upcoming trip. It was very kind and thoughtful of you!
Unfortunately cl is not in the cards and I'm okay with that, I'm just glad to be able to go and spend this time with my family!

One question one of my girls asked, can gasperilla's do macaroni and cheese for kids?

Hey fellow GF fans! I have a new ticker and it's a GF one, I'm so excited! :woohoo:After our wedding and honeymoon stay back in 2016, I knew we had to come back one day as we loved it so much. So after a stay at the Poly for our first anniversary, and then my first trip over to Disneyland California for our second anniversary, we have booked 7 wonderful nights back at the Grand for our third anniversary next year. It may be a long time to wait, but to know that it's booked and the planning can begin, we're over the moon! Looking forward to catching up in the thread :goodvibes

Well guys....the GF has foiled my mission to stay at every resort - and we were SO close. We were scheduled to stay at BWI this summer, which would have been the last resort on the list, but we were at Disney last week (stayed at AKL) and my heart wanted so badly to be back at the GF (I've been this way since our stay in 2016). SO, I have changed our reservations and will happily be at the GF this summer from 8/20/18 - 8/29/18. I can't wait!!! :cloud9:

LOL. My hubby wants to stay at the BWI or Beach Club to save money. I had to nip that in the bud. I loved the GF last time we went and I could see bouncing between there and the Poly but I don't want to go anywhere else!

Maybe the beach pool will be finished by then and the old set up back in place. I haven't been paying attention for that date.

The original ones looked nice! A dis friend was in one once and I visited. She loved it while dh had to work.

Hope it works out:flower1:

I saw on a FB group that the cabanas at the Beach Pool are available now! Woo hoo!

We are staying in the villas building and I am wondering if the machines in the laundry room take laundry pods or is it liquid/powder only?
Thank you!!!

Hello fellow GF fans! Hope that everyone is enjoying their Grand planning...and if you happen to be in the north east..staying warm and away form the snow...

Does the Grand Floridian Royal Palm Club still leave chocolates on your pillows at turndown service?

yes indeed they do...but its Ghiradelli these day instead of the Belgian milk chocolates that they used to leave..I mean..it is good (it's chocolate...lol)...but not as good as the former ones....:duck:

Thank you so much for the very kind words and well wishes to everyone who commented about our upcoming trip. It was very kind and thoughtful of you!
Unfortunately cl is not in the cards and I'm okay with that, I'm just glad to be able to go and spend this time with my family!

One question one of my girls asked, can gasperilla's do macaroni and cheese for kids?

I can't answer your question.....just wanted to say..have a magical trip....:goodvibes

Good news about the cabanas HappyMomma thanks for sharing that info here! :thumbsup2

Follow I enjoy your lovely photos any time....:lovestruc thanks so much for brightening an otherwise un Disney day!

We just made all of our FPs for our next trip!! :dance3:....So happy about that! Going to do the TEa Tour in Epcot during F&G...I believe its new this year...let you all know what we think....::yes::

Hope that everyone is having a magical Monday! princess:

What room categories have wet bars???? Is this something i can ask about at check in.

The rooms with the wet bar in them are standard CL rooms that are located in RPC ( as Mickeynut had mentioned) so category standard main building CL rooms..and are the rooms that are located on the side of the atrium with a VGF/Poly view....the rooms do also have an extra bit of space ...If you are staying in RPC then I would suggest requesting Poly view to get one of them...:flower: HTH...

CL is a nice perk and while I do enjoy it on occasion, we don't stay CL every trip. With that said, our non-CL trips are just as fun/relaxing/exciting as our CL trips. You will have a great time making great family memories :goodvibes.

Hey fellow GF fans! I have a new ticker and it's a GF one, I'm so excited! :woohoo:After our wedding and honeymoon stay back in 2016, I knew we had to come back one day as we loved it so much. So after a stay at the Poly for our first anniversary, and then my first trip over to Disneyland California for our second anniversary, we have booked 7 wonderful nights back at the Grand for our third anniversary next year. It may be a long time to wait, but to know that it's booked and the planning can begin, we're over the moon! Looking forward to catching up in the thread :goodvibes

What a great way to spend your anniversary! The time will go faster than you think and you will be arriving at the Grand before you know it! Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

Just thought I would drop by with a few pictures of "home" from October...

L0gPza2.png

Our home - the DVC Villas building

y5vAFjy.png

The resort as seen from California Grill's observation deck

jsbxPBS.png

Going to the chapel...

sEaWWqy.png

Just a little visual for all those planning incredible Grand vacations!

Good morning GF friends from another snowy day in Connecticut! Seeing the pics of the GF makes me want to go back right now! We got a great deal going to Mexico this summer, so we have put the GF off until next year. Can't wait to go back. Haven't been there since 2013. Just looking at the prices for this year, don't know if we will be staying in RPC. Probably will depend on if either of our kids will be coming with us. Hopefully, one will be gainfully employed after college graduation this May.

Have a Grand Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!