(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok everybody, I got some AMAZING pixie dust...

My husband and I booked AKL for our 10 year wedding anniversary in October. We honeymooned in Disney and wanted to return to our happy place for a resort-only stay with one day in the parks, and one day at MNSSHP! :)

However, AKL closed their pool, so we were disappointed. I wrote a letter to Disney, highlighting that we were going to be celebrating and the pool was very important to our resort-only vacation...

They originally offered Contemporary (garden wing) or Boardwalk (standard view), but after doing some research, they didn't seem relaxing. I called my rep and asked if I should switch to a moderate, because we do love POR and POFQ...

WELL.

My customer service rep said "hang on a minute, now that i know what is most important to you, I think I can make this happen..."

AND SHE BOOKED US AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN! For the same price we were paying at AKL! Talk about pixie dust, you guys. I'm so so excited.

I've always wanted to stay here, I didn't even mention it in any email/phone call because the price is not even close to comparable (was actually hoping for Wilderness Lodge, comparable price and relaxed vibe as AKL), but as soon as she said "would you like to stay at the Grand Floridian, outer building, garden view?" I almost cried.

I can't wait, and I love this thread.

5 months to go until a beautiful anniversary. I'm gonna get me a cabana! lol :cheer2:

Hi :wave2: long time reader infrequent poster.

I haven't been to the GF since 2012 and no plans to go anytime soon. I am constantly planning extremely expensive
fantasy trips though...Fingers crossed for their 50th.

A friend of mine just returned from a non DCL cruise & he spent sometime at WDW before returning to PA. He sent me a video the other night
of any EMPTY monorail car, shocked it was empty.....

:wave: ahcupcake! Nice to hear from you!

Ok everybody, I got some AMAZING pixie dust...

My husband and I booked AKL for our 10 year wedding anniversary in October. We honeymooned in Disney and wanted to return to our happy place for a resort-only stay with one day in the parks, and one day at MNSSHP! :)

However, AKL closed their pool, so we were disappointed. I wrote a letter to Disney, highlighting that we were going to be celebrating and the pool was very important to our resort-only vacation...

They originally offered Contemporary (garden wing) or Boardwalk (standard view), but after doing some research, they didn't seem relaxing. I called my rep and asked if I should switch to a moderate, because we do love POR and POFQ...

WELL.

My customer service rep said "hang on a minute, now that i know what is most important to you, I think I can make this happen..."

AND SHE BOOKED US AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN! For the same price we were paying at AKL! Talk about pixie dust, you guys. I'm so so excited.

I've always wanted to stay here, I didn't even mention it in any email/phone call because the price is not even close to comparable (was actually hoping for Wilderness Lodge, comparable price and relaxed vibe as AKL), but as soon as she said "would you like to stay at the Grand Floridian, outer building, garden view?" I almost cried.

I can't wait, and I love this thread.

5 months to go until a beautiful anniversary. I'm gonna get me a cabana! lol :cheer2:

Congratulations:yay: and most of all Happy Anniversary:flower3:!!

Thats great news. I hearing great stories like yours!

BTW Hoping to get the luggage out tomorrow! Anyone packing? I love to pack but it kind of stresses me out!:confused3
My DD14 took her last final exam this morning and has her 8th grade graduation party/dance tonight (we just got home from buying shoes) so I think I will finally get to pack tomorrow too :jumping1:! We’re going to a early viewing of Solo tonight or I would pack now...I’m so excited!!!

My DD14 took her last final exam this morning and has her 8th grade graduation party/dance tonight (we just got home from buying shoes) so I think I will finally get to pack tomorrow too :jumping1:! We’re going to a early viewing of Solo tonight or I would pack now...I’m so excited!!!

Congratulations to the graduate!:cheer2: I can't wait to see Solo, but we'll have to wait until we get home, too much going on. Have fun and let us know how it was.:drive:

Awww have fun!! Someday we'll cross paths again! I current have booked end of August stay at AKL.

Isn't it fun? Even the pre-packing list making is another step toward the trip and therefore, fun! Planning and packing for a Disney trip is always savoured around here. :D

Yes! I got a new set of luggage for Christmas last year and it's been killing me that it was just sitting in the garage, all empty and sad :sad2: Now it's out! Guess I'll spend the holiday weekend finishing up since the weather is going to be miserable down here in the south!

Yes! I got a new set of luggage for Christmas last year and it's been killing me that it was just sitting in the garage, all empty and sad :sad2: Now it's out! Guess I'll spend the holiday weekend finishing up since the weather is going to be miserable down here in the south!

We are SO late with packing this year! I love starting a couple months early! lol I keep asking my DH to get our luggage out of the attic! He promised me today! I have been ‘pre-packing’ though, and have a good amount started! I’m hoping to get my essentials done today! We both have packing goals this weekend!! Haha!

In other notes, just got an email our Magic Bands were shipped today!!!!
28 Days!!! :mickeyjum:donald::goofy:

We are SO late with packing this year! I love starting a couple months early! lol I keep asking my DH to get our luggage out of the attic! He promised me today! I have been ‘pre-packing’ though, and have a good amount started! I’m hoping to get my essentials done today! We both have packing goals this weekend!! Haha!

26 for us! Our Magic Bands should be arriving tomorrow! See you at Stormalong Bay! DD is excited to have a pool friend!

That's my wife. It drives her crazy how much I enjoy packing and have a great time doing it while she's stressing out. :cool1:

I am literally LOLing, you are exactly like my DH!!!:lmao:

Thx!

Packing for 2 guys and myself is a little more work than dd and me trips :rolleyes1

A quick weekend but RPC :cloud9:

I'm not cooking or cleaning ! :cool1:

I am dreading how quick my trip is too but you have the same logic and me.....No cooking or cleaning:jumping1:

Thanks! And I really liked Solo! It will give you something to look forward to after Disney :bitelip:.

My DS just mentioned it last night, he said "I hope Solo is as good as I want it to be", I have to tell him!:thumbsup2

We're the opposite, DH stresses but I love packing! I've already started packing for our trip in 4 weeks. Actually started 2 weeks ago! :D

I am usually good like that too. I am usually packing at least a couple of weeks before to the point that I have to lift the luggage off the floor to vaccuum:rotfl2:

Isn't it fun? Even the pre-packing list making is another step toward the trip and therefore, fun! Planning and packing for a Disney trip is always savoured around here. :D

Same here, I have plans typed out and reservations tweaked and then tweaked again....I love every minute of it:surfweb:. I was good with the pre-packing list, thats been done awhile now.

Today will be the day:woohoo:!!!! Everyone's last day of work except for DD, she works at the mall. So luggage will be out and if I know my DH he'll be packed after dinner whether I am ready or not. To top it off, he needs an audience and has a BILLION questions....let the stress begin:rotfl2::drinking1!! Then I have DS that will pack the night before we leave, that will then cause me to loss sleep because in my head there has to be something he forgot:scratchin. Truth be told...I LOVE it all and wouldn't change a thing, my kids are older now (DS23 - DD21) and still love coming with DH and I, which we wouldn't have any other way. When we go without them it wonderful but weird.

I am literally LOLing, you are exactly like my DH!!!:lmao:

I am dreading how quick my trip is too but you have the same logic and me.....No cooking or cleaning:jumping1:

My DS just mentioned it last night, he said "I hope Solo is as good as I want it to be", I have to tell him!:thumbsup2

I am usually good like that too. I am usually packing at least a couple of weeks before to the point that I have to lift the luggage off the floor to vaccuum:rotfl2:

Same here, I have plans typed out and reservations tweaked and then tweaked again....I love every minute of it:surfweb:. I was good with the pre-packing list, thats been done awhile now.

Today will be the day:woohoo:!!!! Everyone's last day of work except for DD, she works at the mall. So luggage will be out and if I know my DH he'll be packed after dinner whether I am ready or not. To top it off, he needs an audience and has a BILLION questions....let the stress begin:rotfl2::drinking1!! Then I have DS that will pack the night before we leave, that will then cause me to loss sleep because in my head there has to be something he forgot:scratchin. Truth be told...I LOVE it all and wouldn't change a thing, my kids are older now (DS23 - DD21) and still love coming with DH and I, which we wouldn't have any other way. When we go without them it wonderful but weird.
My dd is 23 and my ds turning 21.

WISHES, I've been so distracted I can't remember your trip details?

The luggage we had packed and ready for this May's now-cancelled GF trip is still sitting, mostly empty, in the apartment. I can't bear the thought of dragging it down to the storage locker. I tell myself iI am getting a jump on the planning and packing for next year. Laziness, you say?! Surely not! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter