(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The luggage we had packed and ready for this May's now-cancelled GF trip is still sitting, mostly empty, in the apartment. I can't bear the thought of dragging it down to the storage locker. I tell myself iI am getting a jump on the planning and packing for next year. Laziness, you say?! Surely not! :D

Never too early to start packing!!!!! Leave it there! Something to keep you excited for next trip!!!:teeth:

Hello all! Peeking into this thread even though partner and I are staying at the Poly this October because we booked some spa treatments at the GF to treat ourselves for our grown lady princess day. :) We plan on rope dropping MK and then heading to the spa to relax for our break that day. About how long does it take to get to the GF from MK on the resort launch? And does anyone have any reviews of the spa or tips to share? Neither of us have ever been to a spa before and we figured this would be a great way to try it. We are getting leg and foot massages and then mani/pedis!

If there’s a launch there I’d say 15 minutes, we always allow 45 minutes for any Disney transport. The spa is fabulous. They will give you tour. Also you can use the spa and fitness facilities before or after your treatment. Enjoy

My dd is 23 and my ds turning 21.

WISHES, I've been so distracted I can't remember your trip details?

Wow, our kids are almost the same age. My DD just turned 21 in February and my DS will be turning 24 in August. We're going down on Wednesday at the crack of dawn and unfortunately leaving on Sunday the 3rd. Its a quick trip because I originally booked it as an adult only trip, but then added the kids. We also a cruise with my DH's family the first week of July to Bermuda so I can't complain. What are your details?

Hello all! Peeking into this thread even though partner and I are staying at the Poly this October because we booked some spa treatments at the GF to treat ourselves for our grown lady princess day. :) We plan on rope dropping MK and then heading to the spa to relax for our break that day. About how long does it take to get to the GF from MK on the resort launch? And does anyone have any reviews of the spa or tips to share? Neither of us have ever been to a spa before and we figured this would be a great way to try it. We are getting leg and foot massages and then mani/pedis!

Hey there!!! We love going back and forth to Poly for dinner and/or Dole Whips and this year we might even pop into Trader Sam's, its a great walk to and from. The boat launch is really quick, especially if the boat is there. I am sure how often they run but someone here will answer that for you.

I am not a spa girl, but DH loves messages and loved the spa. I go to the gym and its in the same location so I have seen how pretty it is and you'll see the chapel too its right there. Other then that I am sorry to tips or reviews other then DH loved it and went a couple of times but he has FOMO and can't bare to miss what we're doing while he's gone.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I forgot I had a question for anyone who has used a redemption card from their Disney Chase account.....

Can I just use my MB for drinks and shopping and then go to the front desk before I leave to apply my redemption card balance to my OOP? I called and they said I can but I trust you guys more.

Thanks

I forgot I had a question for anyone who has used a redemption card from their Disney Chase account.....

Can I just use my MB for drinks and shopping and then go to the front desk before I leave to apply my redemption card balance to my OOP? I called and they said I can but I trust you guys more.

Thanks
We had a redemption card from our Chase account and we applied it to the balance on the room account. They treat it like a gift card. :)

Wow thats funny! Can't wait to finally be able to take the kids to Jellyrolls this trip.
Have you been to Jellyrolls before? We often stay at BWI, and I’ve wondered if it’s fun?? We’ll be hanging around GF a lot on Thursday and Friday since Wednesday and Saturday are our busy park days so let me know if you have some free time...I’d love to meet you:goodvibes!

Wow, our kids are almost the same age. My DD just turned 21 in February and my DS will be turning 24 in August. We're going down on Wednesday at the crack of dawn and unfortunately leaving on Sunday the 3rd. Its a quick trip because I originally booked it as an adult only trip, but then added the kids. We also a cruise with my DH's family the first week of July to Bermuda so I can't complain. What are your details?

Hey there!!! We love going back and forth to Poly for dinner and/or Dole Whips and this year we might even pop into Trader Sam's, its a great walk to and from. The boat launch is really quick, especially if the boat is there. I am sure how often they run but someone here will answer that for you.

I am not a spa girl, but DH loves messages and loved the spa. I go to the gym and its in the same location so I have seen how pretty it is and you'll see the chapel too its right there. Other then that I am sorry to tips or reviews other then DH loved it and went a couple of times but he has FOMO and can't bare to miss what we're doing while he's gone.:rotfl2::rotfl2:
Rats I am 5/26-28!

Ah it’s so Grand here ! Hope y’all have a great time .

I had been going back and forth whether or not to stay club level during our booked trip to GF in September. The cost is $600 more for our 6 nights. I almost cancelled yesterday but decided to keep it after hearing great things about it and watching a bunch of youtube videos of Sugar Loaf. This morning I got a call from Disney Signature Services. They gave me their phone number for anything I made need for our trip. I actually needed Be Our Guest dining reservations for our MNSSHP night and had trouble finding the link for party night reservations. They took care of it for me over the phone no problem. After the call I said to my husband "THAT is exactly why we are staying club level!" I can't believe they called so far in advance of our stay and I am not even paid in full yet! Great experience so far. Now I'm SUPER excited for September!

By the way... looks like you need a refill!!!!! ;):drinking1
Hahaha !

In bed now with a red . I'm in the flip down because my son is so happy all comfy in one bed and dh used to a king.

I'm so tired I could sleep on the floor.

We have enjoyed the music and offerings!

Love the rooms on the side facing poly:)

Beware, they are loud. I can hear the orchestra now over the tv. I enjoy that but offers may not,

Last edited:
Have you been to Jellyrolls before? We often stay at BWI, and I’ve wondered if it’s fun?? We’ll be hanging around GF a lot on Thursday and Friday since Wednesday and Saturday are our busy park days so let me know if you have some free time...I’d love to meet you:goodvibes!

That would be great, but unfortunately we're the opposite. We arrive Wednesday so thats a down day for us :banana:and my anniversary is Saturday so that definitely a down day:drinking:. Thursday and Friday are our busy park days but you never know. I am actually going to AKL Thursday afternoon for lunch at Sanaa and to check the hotel out after a morning in the park. I hear so much about that hotel, Matt the bartender in Miznor's told us we have to check out the restaurant so I added it to our plans this trip. Has anyone gone to Sanaa or the hotel?

Great arrival at 11:30 , had soup(tomato bisque) then text room ready ! That’s my view and champagne !

No other pix would post, ugh!

Try more later/tomorrow!

Got an Atrium room and love it!

View attachment 325053

Time for Pinot noir with a splash of POG:)

Welcome Home!!:cheer2:

Rats I am 5/26-28!

Ah it’s so Grand here ! Hope y’all have a great time .

Too bad! Enjoy every minute!!! How's the weather?:sunny:

I hope that champagne was toasting my birthday!

:bday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts