(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All! Does anyone have a favorite non-club level room at GF? Why is it a fav? We were in Big Pine Key last trip and I had hoped we could do a room in the main building, but they are all club level. We do not have an unlimited budget and I don't think I want to spend the majority of it on a club level room especially because I don't think we would take advantage of the food. I'd appreciate any favorite room suggestions. Thanks so much!!

Hello All! Does anyone have a favorite non-club level room at GF? Why is it a fav? We were in Big Pine Key last trip and I had hoped we could do a room in the main building, but they are all club level. We do not have an unlimited budget and I don't think I want to spend the majority of it on a club level room especially because I don't think we would take advantage of the food. I'd appreciate any favorite room suggestions. Thanks so much!!

I think anywhere at the GF is great, but in addition to Big Pine Key, Boca Chica is my other fav outer building as it overlooks the courtyard pool and is close to the main building. If you want to be close to boat/bus transportation and Gasparillas, Sago and Conch would be good choices.

Grand looking amazing. View from Gasparalla

F11D36A8-A72E-47DC-8973-9C6255FDA07C.jpeg

F11D36A8-A72E-47DC-8973-9C6255FDA07C.jpeg
Can you see fireworks from here?

Thank you! They said we will be staying in Conch Key instead. I was just curious. We love Sago at the GF!
You will like Conch Key. Great location and easy access to Gasparilla's for an early morning coffe and breakfast. Also so close to boat docks for short cruise to Magic kingdom

We were in Big Pine Key and loved that location. I have requested that building for this summer's trip as well!

Yes. By the pool next to the DVC building. There is a bar/quick service location, and the soda fountains are around to the side.
I am not sure about the other pool.
Yes, the Beach Pool has the refill station. Whilst the Courtyard Pool does have a bar, I don't believe there is a mug refill spot there.

So there use to be a website that someone ran on the GF it was really nice I haven't been able to find it in awhile anyone know if its still around

I can't decide if I should do online check-in. For our upcoming trip (6 days--yay!), we've got a Queen Deluxe room. We had the same last year and loved the room. I've requested the same room for this stay. It's noted on our reservation. We land early at 10:30 a.m. This will be our 4th time staying RPC, so we don't need the tour by a CM. If I do online check-in, there is no where to request a specific room. Since there are only 6 rooms in our category, should I risk not getting the specific room I've already requested? It would be great to get our room assignment early if there's anything available while we're on the way from the airport.

Okay, my dear GFers, it is a wet and wintery Friday night down here and I require some warm thoughts and thinking caps from those who have visited recently. Does Sandy Cove still sell those gorgeously soft GF bathrobes? If so, I know one thing that is going on my 'To Buy' list!

Hope all is well in GFland! :cloud9:

I can't decide if I should do online check-in. For our upcoming trip (6 days--yay!), we've got a Queen Deluxe room. We had the same last year and loved the room. I've requested the same room for this stay. It's noted on our reservation. We land early at 10:30 a.m. This will be our 4th time staying RPC, so we don't need the tour by a CM. If I do online check-in, there is no where to request a specific room. Since there are only 6 rooms in our category, should I risk not getting the specific room I've already requested? It would be great to get our room assignment early if there's anything available while we're on the way from the airport.
It will make no difference if you do online check in or not. Your request you already added will be on your ressie. I do not fill out requests on the online form. Most of the time there is nothing there or things that pertain to another resort anyway. I do the online check in to save some time, but it's hit or miss on getting the room ready text.

Okay, my dear GFers, it is a wet and wintery Friday night down here and I require some warm thoughts and thinking caps from those who have visited recently. Does Sandy Cove still sell those gorgeously soft GF bathrobes? If so, I know one thing that is going on my 'To Buy' list!

Hope all is well in GFland! :cloud9:
59269F26-5D3F-4E57-B633-6EB5EBE90FF1.jpeg
Think warm thoughts! I took this picture a couple of weeks ago because I also love the buttery soft robe, and I hadn’t ever noticed that you can have it monogrammed! Hope your weather warms up soon!

Hello! For those of you who returned recently, can you please tell me what the hot tub hours are and if they strictly enforce. It seems like we always get back too late to enjoy the hot tub so I want to change that this trip. This is our first stay at the GF and I am so excited. I want to try to slow our pace down this trip and really enjoy the resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!