(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the connecting door but personally disagree with 13-18. I find the band noise to be limited by the hours and music does not bother me personally. However I find 13-18 very noisy for foot traffic and general yelling screaming as they travel to elevators . Especially 4th floor as everyone goes to the lounge. If I have a std reserved I request Atrium side and add rooms 23 or 28. JMO, although I agree you can hear the band other types of noise bothers me more.
Funny I don't mind foot traffic.

I had 4418 and thought it was quiet lol. Walking and talking is comforting to me.

I keep asking for 23/28 and haven't gotten it yet. I was happy with 4327 tho!

I just think all the options are so fun . Wish I could try them all.

Oh I finally got an in person tour of @Dispro1 deluxe Queen. Loved it! Nice of her to show it to me. :daisy:

Is it proper etiquette to request a room through the concierge and at how far out? We are at 80-ish days. We had to switch our trip by a week which switched us from contemporary CL to GF (I wasn’t disappointed ) so I haven’t received the new concierge email or call yet . All the CM told me on the phone was it was main building club level.
Congrats on the booking change, gavsgirl! If you have a Club Level reservation, you will probably receive an email from Disney Signature Services. They are the cast members who book ADRs, fastpasses, tours etc. for CL guests. They can also put your room requests into the system. The GF room assigner, I believe, sets your room about a week or ten days out from your stay. So, you have time to send your requests through DSS by calling (407) WDW-7777 or (407) 939-7777 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time or email disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com. While we haven't called the GF direct to make a room request, you could probably phone them, instead.

Have a wonderful stay at the Grand! It is a lovely place.

We are arriving for our first stay tomorrow morning. I received a call from a room assigner today asking me about any requests that I may have. He asked what building I wanted and a few other questions. I didn’t have any idea what building I wanted as I have never been here before. (Outer building standard view.) He was great about it and told me to call back if I needed or wanted anything else.

So excited for tomorrow!
Have fun! Post some pics if you get a chance:D!

Is it proper etiquette to request a room through the concierge and at how far out? We are at 80-ish days. We had to switch our trip by a week which switched us from contemporary CL to GF (I wasn’t disappointed ) so I haven’t received the new concierge email or call yet . All the CM told me on the phone was it was main building club level.
I always make a room request. How do they know what you prefer when we all have different needs?

However I don't always get my request so keep that in mind.

I email my requests but you can also call.

Unfortunately, it's hit or miss receiving an email as not everyone gets contacted from DSS; however, you can email or call them anytime with requests, questions/concerns, etc. Hope you have a great trip and enjoy RPC :wizard:.

We are arriving for our first stay tomorrow morning. I received a call from a room assigner today asking me about any requests that I may have. He asked what building I wanted and a few other questions. I didn’t have any idea what building I wanted as I have never been here before. (Outer building standard view.) He was great about it and told me to call back if I needed or wanted anything else.

So excited for tomorrow!

Have a great trip! :yay:

Have fun! Post some pics if you get a chance:D!

::yes::

Hey does anyone know if they have started the refurb that has been talked about at SL and any details of what they are doing? I have heard talk of wanting to expand the club lounge somehow.

Hey does anyone know if they have started the refurb that has been talked about at SL and any details of what they are doing? I have heard talk of wanting to expand the club lounge somehow.
They started it when we were there Memorial Day week. They moved the CL podium from SL onto the 3rd floor in RPC, and some very sweet, knowledgeable CMs were relocated to the concierge desks there too a couple of days. I’m not exactly sure what they’re doing in SL, but my DH said he was told they were redoing the HVAC. But if that’s all they were doing, then why did they relocate the podium to RPC? Now I’m curious! I’ll see what I can find out when we’re there July 5th!

Please keep us up to date on what is happing at the SL. We plan to be there in September. The lounge is really crowded and the toasters are in a awkward place. It is at the beginning of the line.

Hi GF friends. Has anyone booked a trip yet for summer of 2019 at the GF? I looked at the prices. Yikes!!!! It's a year of college tuition!

Have a grand day.

We are here right now and we got an email from the room assigner before we arrived.

There was a minor issue with our first room so we requested to be moved and they had another room ready for us right away.

We also asked for the thermostat to be bypassed because it wasn’t cold enough for us and they had someone up here within 30 minutes. So far the trip has been amazing. Everyone here has been so fantastic!

We are here right now and we got an email from the room assigner before we arrived.

There was a minor issue with our first room so we requested to be moved and they had another room ready for us right away.

We also asked for the thermostat to be bypassed because it wasn’t cold enough for us and they had someone up here within 30 minutes. So far the trip has been amazing. Everyone here has been so fantastic!

Sorry about the room issue, but glad they were able to move you right away. Hope you have a great time and enjoy the GF :wizard:.

If quiet makes a difference request non connecting and or 4xx13-18. The rooms on the far right have lots of noise when band playing etc.

I'm at work right now so I can't pull up my room but we stayed on the 4th floor, on the opposite side of the elevators. (We had a view of the Alice/Mad Hatter kiddie pool and the monorail and loved it!) The band never bothered me. They stopped playing at 10:00 pm and I considered it my personal lullaby music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter