(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll be expecting trip reports and pix please.

I “think” I’ve found an easy way to resize pictures so cross fingers it works. I’m assuming you want updated pictures of the villa and cabana? :beach:

Augustober is finally over here with temps between 80s high and 60s low! Just need that to filter down Orlando way and the tropics to behave!

That's true.

:rotfl2::hyper::lmao:

I haven’t stayed Club Level since we bought DVC but that is a super nice perk unless you’re referring how creativity extensive CMs knowledge is? o_O Any idea how the new pricing system works? I’m planning on using it once for our Jiko dinner. For some strange reason I’m not expecting Disney to make it less expensive...:rolleyes1

We stayed at the Poly two years ago and LOVED it. We can save $$ if we switch to GF club level with the current promos running. Tell me how does the GF compare to the Poly. We loved the theme, room size, music being played at the hotel and grounds, watching the fireworks from the beach, monorail, the food choices, the landscaping. Pretty much, we loved everything about the Poly. lol My DH is wanting to book the club level at the GF. We've never done club level, so he thinks it would be fun to try it.

The Poly is my favorite overall, but the GF runs a close second as both are awesome resorts! If the Poly wasn't available or I was able to get a better deal at the GF, I wouldn't hesitate to book the GF. Good luck :).

Hi all! I am looking for a pre-cruise resort. It is a 2 night stay. We only have 1 day, so we will be at MK, of course! I am consider GF, but only outer buildings are available. This is in Dec, so I want to enjoy the Christmas decor. Will we still be able to enjoy the holiday ambiance if we are in an outer building, or should I pick one of the other resorts?

As a pp said, you would still be able to enjoy the lobby and all other decorations. Staying in an outer building won't take away from enjoying the ambiance/decorations of the holiday season :santa:.

Less then 4 1/2 months until we stay at GFV for the first time! :cloud9: I can't believe we finally get to actually stay at our home resort, I'm completely excited.

How exciting! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

The Grand is decorated fabulously during the holidays, you would still be able to enjoy everything in the lobby and such.

:thumbsup2

2 weeks from today! :hourglass

:yay: :yay:

I haven’t stayed Club Level since we bought DVC but that is a super nice perk unless you’re referring how creativity extensive CMs knowledge is? o_O

Yeah, I was referring to that CMs lack of knowledge and ability to make things up. Unfortunately, it is not a free perk for CL guests.

Any idea how the new pricing system works?

$15 plus $2.75-$3.50 per mile depending on demand.

Yeah, I was referring to that CMs lack of knowledge and ability to make things up. Unfortunately, it is not a free perk for CL guests.

$15 plus $2.75-$3.50 per mile depending on demand.

Thank you for the new info. Just guesstimating, it seems roughly the same. I’m sure there’s an increase in there somewhere though. :thumbsup2 On CM knowledge or lack of! You’d think Disney would have some type of mass notification system to push weekly changes to them. :confused3

@mickeynut1 save me a Dole Whip!

We just booked our first stay for the GF! It will be myself, DH and DS age 3. It’s a big year for me at work and this will be my celebratory trip with my family. We’ve stayed at the Poly and WL in past years. This is our dream resort. Already looking forward to August!

@mickeynut1 save me a Dole Whip!

Will do ::yes:: :thumbsup2

We just booked our first stay for the GF! It will be myself, DH and DS age 3. It’s a big year for me at work and this will be my celebratory trip with my family. We’ve stayed at the Poly and WL in past years. This is our dream resort. Already looking forward to August!

The GF is an amazing resort, you will love it! Enjoy the planning. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

6 more long days! Can’t wait!!

:cool1: :banana: :bounce:

Exciting! Congrats! Me, DH, my 13 and 11 year-olds are arriving Thanksgiving Week for our first trip to GF. We have only ever stayed at AKL and BC. Last trip was four years ago and I remember being on the monorail and seeing the GF and thinking I would really love to stay there some day. I cannot wait! We haven't told the kids yet- they will be so excited!

Me, DH, my 13 and 11 year-olds are arriving Thanksgiving Week for our first trip to GF. We have only ever stayed at AKL and BC. Last trip was four years ago and I remember being on the monorail and seeing the GF and thinking I would really love to stay there some day. I cannot wait! We haven't told the kids yet- they will be so excited!

You will love the GF! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving trip :goodvibes.

I'm 14 days away from my first stay at GF. I'm incredibly excited. In looking at the activities there is a Disney Villain Bingo game as well as some trivia activities. Does anyone know if they give out prizes for these activities? We did some similar activities at AOA before and they had a little prize chest that my daughter really enjoyed and didn't know if DF has something similar.

I'm 14 days away from my first stay at GF. I'm incredibly excited. In looking at the activities there is a Disney Villain Bingo game as well as some trivia activities. Does anyone know if they give out prizes for these activities? We did some similar activities at AOA before and they had a little prize chest that my daughter really enjoyed and didn't know if DF has something similar.

Yes! Same thing, there’s typically a box of little toys and anyone who participates can pick one! My kids got a few in November!

Yes! Same thing, there’s typically a box of little toys and anyone who participates can pick one! My kids got a few in November!

Thank you. I figured as much but wanted to check. My daughter really got a big kick out of it even though the prizes were generally small. We are wanting to take part in a lot of the resort activities while at GF as it is a gorgeous resort.

Exciting! Congrats! Me, DH, my 13 and 11 year-olds are arriving Thanksgiving Week for our first trip to GF. We have only ever stayed at AKL and BC. Last trip was four years ago and I remember being on the monorail and seeing the GF and thinking I would really love to stay there some day. I cannot wait! We haven't told the kids yet- they will be so excited!

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you. I figured as much but wanted to check. My daughter really got a big kick out of it even though the prizes were generally small. We are wanting to take part in a lot of the resort activities while at GF as it is a gorgeous resort.

My son too! It's the little things!! There were lots of pool side games during the day, and if they have them, the games outside on the lawn are fun too! Hope you guys have a great time!! It's such a beautiful place!

On our arrival day, our plane is expected to get in around noon. Arrival night was going to be at the Swan, but is now at the GF Club level. Afternoon/evening plans are still at DHS.

Can I get to GF from MCO using MDE by 1:30pm? Or use another transportation method?

How much time should I allow for getting to DHS from GF?

If we aren't able to check in until 3pm, is it reasonable to make a Tower of Terror FP at 3:45pm?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter