(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use ME from MCO to GF, you have notified them your flight info and such to set up right?

Typically I believe they say up to an hour and a half or even 2 hours expected travel time, depends on how long it takes in traffic and unloading at Poly.

You can check in as soon as you arrive your room may or may not be ready, however since Disney will be handling your luggage I would be checking time and catching the next bus to Hollywood........haha I always love that!!....anyway, catch that bus and remember if it’s 3:45 you’ll have an hour window so if it is pushing 4-4:15 when you get there you’ll be fine.

I'm 14 days away from my first stay at GF. I'm incredibly excited.

The GF is amazing, you're going to love it! Have a great time :yay:.

38 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a little excited :dancer:

:cool1: :banana: :cheer2:

On our arrival day, our plane is expected to get in around noon. Arrival night was going to be at the Swan, but is now at the GF Club level. Afternoon/evening plans are still at DHS.

Can I get to GF from MCO using MDE by 1:30pm? Or use another transportation method?

How much time should I allow for getting to DHS from GF?

If we aren't able to check in until 3pm, is it reasonable to make a Tower of Terror FP at 3:45pm?

Thanks!
We are always interested in your 1st impressions of the Grand Floridian, what you liked and if any dislikes. Give us pictures! And have a great time!

We are always interested in your 1st impressions of the Grand Floridian, what you liked and if any dislikes. Give us pictures! And have a great time!

Won't be my first impression - we were at GF for a week in the Club level 22-23 years ago at the end of a three week trip. My daughter remembers that Cinderella brought her a birthday cake to her room (some awesome Disney magic after Cinderella had to disappear from the MK just before DD was to have met at a meet and greet).

At the time, my wife declared she wanted to retire to the GF so this year she gets to retire - for a few days. ;)
We are going to start in RPC and then to a 1BR Villa for three before moving to the Boardwalk Villas for a week.

We expect GF to be a totally different experience this time without everything revolving around a five year old and are really looking into easing into our vacation by starting slowly at the GF with more resort than park time (including a return to Victoria and Albert's) shifting to more park than resort time when we move to the Epcot area.

Hit the single digits today(9 days)!! :dancer: I think we’ll have a celebratory :drinking1 this evening.

It’s also time to get serious about packing and kick the cat out of my suitcase :cat: DH said it’s time to start watching the weather but it’s Orlando! It’s either hot or not so hot and humid. :rotfl2:

:tink::ccat::ccat::ccat:

At the time, my wife declared she wanted to retire to the GF so this year she gets to retire - for a few days. ;)
We are going to start in RPC and then to a 1BR Villa for three before moving to the Boardwalk Villas for a week.

Sounds like a great trip! Hope you have a great time at both GF and BW and hope RPC is just as great as you remember :wizard:.

Hit the single digits today(9 days)!! I think we’ll have a celebratory :drinking1 this evening.

It’s also time to get serious about packing and kick the cat out of my suitcase :cat: DH said it’s time to start watching the weather but it’s Orlando! It’s either hot or not so hot and humid. :rotfl2:

Definitely calls for celebration! :cool1: :cheer2::banana: :bounce: :jumping1:

I had to chuckle about your cat because mine would always get in the suitcase too. He'd crawl in and get comfortable and go to sleep :laughing:. I hated chasing him out though because he looked so comfortable! :cat: :cloud9:

I checked the weather last night and for the days we'll be there (10/24-10/29) and temps were showing in the 80-83 degree range, with a chance of showers here and there.....but for the most part looked pretty good :goodvibes.

Hit the single digits today(9 days)!! :dancer: I think we’ll have a celebratory :drinking1 this evening.

:tink::ccat::ccat::ccat:

Hot or not so hot.............with a very high level of fun and magic moving right over central Florida and that looks like it will be around for quite a while folks....and that’s your weather......now onto Birthdays in the 100’s...........:rotfl2:

Hey guys, Good News? We are going to be at Grand Floridian for a conference Dec 24- Jan 4 at amazing rate! Bad News? We will be on insanely tight budget for food...lol. So I am working on breakfasts and occasional meals in room. My question today is about the coffee maker, what do they give you in room as far as pods go? It looks like it is a keurig pod and i was googling and it looks like there are hot chocolate pods available, has anyone ever used them before? Second question is there a microwave and toaster available at Gaspirilla?

Hey guys, Good News? We are going to be at Grand Floridian for a conference Dec 24- Jan 4 at amazing rate! Bad News? We will be on insanely tight budget for food...lol. So I am working on breakfasts and occasional meals in room. My question today is about the coffee maker, what do they give you in room as far as pods go? It looks like it is a keurig pod and i was googling and it looks like there are hot chocolate pods available, has anyone ever used them before? Second question is there a microwave and toaster available at Gaspirilla?

Have you looked into what it would cost to upgrade to CL, depending upon how many are in your party that can be a great option and there is almost always something available to eat or drink. Could end up being a better value than paying OOP for meals, snacks, drinks.

Last edited:
They give you regular coffee, decaf coffee and green tea pods. You can ask housekeeping to bring you more pods if you need them. I've had the hot chocolate pods at work and they don't taste too bad but it isn't like having real hot chocolate.

Gasparilla's has toasters and microwaves. There are also single serve packages of jelly, peanut butter and cream cheese in the condiment section.

Your questions have been answered, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

Last night i booked a very unexpected February trip...main building Standard. I am so looking forward to being back in RPC. Three plus months and counting....

How exciting! Unexpected trips are the best, especially when they are to a favorite resort! Enjoy the rest of your planning. Hope you have a great time and enjoy RPC :goodvibes.

Have you looked into what it would cost to upgrade to CL, depending upon how many are in your party that can be a great option and there is almost always something available to eat or drink. Could end up being a better value than paying OOP for meals, snacks, drinks.
I believe when your at a conference you pay full difference, no the difference between standard and club...but worth a call. It looks like even if we could just bridge the difference, it would be well over a $1000 dollars; but I will call and see :)

I believe when your at a conference you pay full difference, no the difference between standard and club...but worth a call. It looks like even if we could just bridge the difference, it would be well over a $1000 dollars; but I will call and see :)

Worth a call for sure, good luck and have fun!!!

19 days to go for us! Made these reservations back in April and it seemed so far away. Can't believe it is almost here! This will be our first stay at the GF. We have rented points for a 2 bedroom villa. Just wondering if someone can please tell me what type of coffee makers are in the villas. Also, what is the best way to make a room request? Is it different with DVC than a regular room? Thank you!

19 days to go for us! Made these reservations back in April and it seemed so far away. Can't believe it is almost here! This will be our first stay at the GF. We have rented points for a 2 bedroom villa. Just wondering if someone can please tell me what type of coffee makers are in the villas. Also, what is the best way to make a room request? Is it different with DVC than a regular room? Thank you!
The villas have Mr. Coffee type coffee makers with basket filters. We always bring our own coffee and filters from home. :)

If you are staying on points then you have to contact whoever who rented points from for your room requests. If you are staying on a cash reservation booked through Disney then you call central reservations to add your room requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter