(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a 2 bedroom suite and they connect another room. That would be the room our current poster is now on the 5th floor.

I be only ever seen 1 and 2 br listed . Then they add a connecting room if needed.

Sounds like an amazing trip!
yes this is exactly what the suite was. A two bedroom suite with a connecting room that made it a three bedroom suite. When I talked to a travel agent though (after not being able to get through to a CM what I wanted) I was told that the GF didn't have a three bedroom suite. When I questioned that she called into Disney and was told that there is no way to make a three bedroom suite. I have plenty of time to book this, heck I have another year before I can even book it. It just is something that is really important to my family as we have been talking about doing this for years. The trip that we did in 99 was the trip that really started it all for my family and we just want to redo it. Lots of stress to get this right, LOL!

yes this is exactly what the suite was. A two bedroom suite with a connecting room that made it a three bedroom suite. When I talked to a travel agent though (after not being able to get through to a CM what I wanted) I was told that the GF didn't have a three bedroom suite. When I questioned that she called into Disney and was told that there is no way to make a three bedroom suite. I have plenty of time to book this, heck I have another year before I can even book it. It just is something that is really important to my family as we have been talking about doing this for years. The trip that we did in 99 was the trip that really started it all for my family and we just want to redo it. Lots of stress to get this right, LOL!
There are 3 bedroom suites (6 of them) over at the DVC Villas. They are spectacular, but do not have access to club level, if you are looking to replicate your prior experience.

I think I am in that lock off room now...4025! There is a connecting door to the room next to ours. Once it was explained to me, I can totally see this being a bedroom portion of a suite. There are 2 queen beds, no daybed and the bathroom has a soaker tub, with no separate toilet/tub area.

Would you choose a deluxe queen or TPV room (both in the main building) for a “little park time, lots of resort time” kind of trip? TIA!!! :flower1:

Would you choose a deluxe queen or TPV room (both in the main building) for a “little park time, lots of resort time” kind of trip? TIA!!! :flower1:
Deluxe queen. I have seen both versions and the extra space is nice.

Also they are closer to the food. taking things back to the room is trickier for TPV. The DQ rooms are steps away,

Can't go wrong though, it's RPC!

Deluxe queen. I have seen both versions and the extra space is nice.

Also they are closer to the food. taking things back to the room is trickier for TPV. The DQ rooms are steps away,

Can't go wrong though, it's RPC!

Thank you, @trishadono !!! We’ve done RPC TPV before, but not the RPC deluxe queen (which is what we have booked). Sounds like we made the right choice! Thanks again! :goodvibes

Thank you, @trishadono !!! We’ve done RPC TPV before, but not the RPC deluxe queen (which is what we have booked). Sounds like we made the right choice! Thanks again! :goodvibes

I agree about keeping the deluxe queen! We haven't stayed in one yet, but can't wait to someday. We liked our RPC TPV mainly/only because it was great walking into our room at night and seeing the Castle lit up (we'd leave the curtains slightly open purposely so we'd have this view!). I know you've had this view and understand how awesome it was! Also, hearing HEA clearly from our balcony while watching the show was really nice. However, it was somewhat of a "busy" view for us with Gaspy's being right below, etc., and we tend to prefer a more tranquil view. That's another reason I'd take the deluxe queen room. Don't get me wrong, I'd definitely stay in the TPV room again, but if I had a choice....

Deluxe queen would be my choice, too....especially since you've stayed TPV :).

@mickeynut1 , thanks for your reply! :) Do you happen to have any photos of the fireworks view from the lounge? We only watched from our room before...

I agree about keeping the deluxe queen! We haven't stayed in one yet, but can't wait to someday. We liked our RPC TPV mainly/only because it was great walking into our room at night and seeing the Castle lit up (we'd leave the curtains slightly open purposely so we'd have this view!). I know you've had this view and understand how awesome it was! Also, hearing HEA clearly from our balcony while watching the show was really nice. However, it was somewhat of a "busy" view for us with Gaspy's being right below, etc., and we tend to prefer a more tranquil view. That's another reason I'd take the deluxe queen room. Don't get me wrong, I'd definitely stay in the TPV room again, but if I had a choice....

@TJA , thank you for your reply!!! :flower1: All great points! I agree, being by Gaspy’s was neat but also a little noisy. Do you happen to have any photos of the fireworks view from the lounge? We only watched from our room before. TIA! :)

@TJA , thank you for your reply!!! :flower1: All great points! I agree, being by Gaspy’s was neat but also a little noisy. Do you happen to have any photos of the fireworks view from the lounge? We only watched from our room before. TIA! :)

Maybe because we're used to the fireworks view from the Poly lounge, we don't find the RPC inside lounge view that great. I've never snapped a picture, and we've never actually stayed to watch but we've seen bits and pieces as we walked through the lounge. When having a standard RPC room, we just go outside and watch. :)

@mickeynut1 , thanks for your reply! :) Do you happen to have any photos of the fireworks view from the lounge? We only watched from our room before...

I think you have to go out on the balcony. I remember with my mom doing that. Its a large space and plenty of room for all.

The balcony is on the 3rd floor for those that don't know.

Maybe because we're used to the fireworks view from the Poly lounge, we don't find the RPC inside lounge view that great. I've never snapped a picture, and we've never actually stayed to watch but we've seen bits and pieces as we walked through the lounge. When having a standard RPC room, we just go outside and watch. :)

@TJA , thanks again for your reply! Yes, GF isn’t at the wonderful angle that Poly is for fireworks viewing! Going outside doesn’t sound so bad, we just have little ones that go to bed early, and want them to be able to see the fireworks.

Unfortunately, I do not. Like TJA, I've never watched from the lounge.

Thanks for letting me know, @mickeynut1 !

I think you have to go out on the balcony. I remember with my mom doing that. Its a large space and plenty of room for all.

The balcony is on the 3rd floor for those that don't know.

Thank you, @trishadono ! That sounds great! My kiddos go to bed early, so it would be great to pop out onto that balcony and then head right to the room for bed.

I think I am in that lock off room now...4025! There is a connecting door to the room next to ours. Once it was explained to me, I can totally see this being a bedroom portion of a suite. There are 2 queen beds, no daybed and the bathroom has a soaker tub, with no separate toilet/tub area.
Thank you so much! Yes the room you are in is the room that my husband and I and our son had many years ago. The connecting door would open up to a king bed room that is part of a two bedroom suite (#4022). If you could please ask a cast member if your room could be added to the 2 bedroom suite next door? It's been crazy that I have been inquiring for months and I keep being told that the suite of rooms that we stayed in do not exist. It's like being in the Twilight Zone!

I hope your having a wonderful time and thank you if you could do a little sleuthing for me, but I will totally understand if you don't have the time.

There are 3 bedroom suites (6 of them) over at the DVC Villas. They are spectacular, but do not have access to club level, if you are looking to replicate your prior experience.
Thank you but we really love the lounge and staying club level. Plus we are not DVC members and the grand villas tend to get snapped up quickly by members. My parents are no longer with us but my sister and I want to redo that trip for the grand children and now great grand children. I'm sure it will be a once in a generation trip!

Thank you so much! Yes the room you are in is the room that my husband and I and our son had many years ago. The connecting door would open up to a king bed room that is part of a two bedroom suite (#4022). If you could please ask a cast member if your room could be added to the 2 bedroom suite next door? It's been crazy that I have been inquiring for months and I keep being told that the suite of rooms that we stayed in do not exist. It's like being in the Twilight Zone!

I hope your having a wonderful time and thank you if you could do a little sleuthing for me, but I will totally understand if you don't have the time.
I will find someone and ask :)

Deluxe Queen! The extra space in these rooms are very much appreciated by my family. You can always see fireworks and look at the castle from a pretty spot on the resort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter