(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much! Yes the room you are in is the room that my husband and I and our son had many years ago. The connecting door would open up to a king bed room that is part of a two bedroom suite (#4022). If you could please ask a cast member if your room could be added to the 2 bedroom suite next door? It's been crazy that I have been inquiring for months and I keep being told that the suite of rooms that we stayed in do not exist. It's like being in the Twilight Zone!

I hope your having a wonderful time and thank you if you could do a little sleuthing for me, but I will totally understand if you don't have the time.
I inquired with the CM on the 3rd floor. He said “YES” the 3 bedroom suite is a bookable room. He said it is harder to get because both sections have to be available for the same period ( totally makes sense) and since there is more demand for single rooms, the lock off is often utilized as that. I mentioned that you had been told it is not a bookable room and he said the reservation people “just don’t know”. He then took out his book and showed me the floor plan, so I could see that it truly IS a room type. I asked if it was feasible to call hotel direct to book it and he said no, it would have to go through reservations as normal. He did suggest to just keep trying new CM’s if you get one that can’t help. I hope this helps and that you are able to book the room eventually! Good luck!

I inquired with the CM on the 3rd floor. He said “YES” the 3 bedroom suite is a bookable room. He said it is harder to get because both sections have to be available for the same period ( totally makes sense) and since there is more demand for single rooms, the lock off is often utilized as that. I mentioned that you had been told it is not a bookable room and he said the reservation people “just don’t know”. He then took out his book and showed me the floor plan, so I could see that it truly IS a room type. I asked if it was feasible to call hotel direct to book it and he said no, it would have to go through reservations as normal. He did suggest to just keep trying new CM’s if you get one that can’t help. I hope this helps and that you are able to book the room eventually! Good luck!
Thank you so much!!!! I was beginning to think I'd lost my mind. I know it will be harder to book because of the configuration that's why we are looking into this so far in advance and plan to book the first day that we can at the 499 day mark. I will probably have to sell my soul to pay for it, lol, but we all know that going into this.

Thank you again, you made my day. Hope you are having a fantastic vacation.

Thank you so much!!!! I was beginning to think I'd lost my mind. I know it will be harder to book because of the configuration that's why we are looking into this so far in advance and plan to book the first day that we can at the 499 day mark. I will probably have to sell my soul to pay for it, lol, but we all know that going into this.

Thank you again, you made my day. Hope you are having a fantastic vacation.
You are very welcome! Glad I could help!

Do they do the morning runs at the GF like they do at a few of the other resorts? If so, what mornings? They are usually a fairly short distance, like in the 1.5 mile range, and cost somewhere in the $15-$30 range. I'm asking on the threads of all 3 resorts we're staying at, so sorry for the repetition if you follow all 3 threads :upsidedow.

edited because we are staying at 3 resorts, not 4, I guess I didn't proofread my own short post!

Last edited:
Hello hello everyone!!

Still checking daily to reschedule my trip from September 28th to Oct 5th or October 12th but the room category still isn't available.:sad2: We absolutely need the deluxe room for the extra space. I have a feeling with all the rumors of SWGE opening in the fall nobody is going to cancel or reschedule until they release the opening date. Any suggestions for something else to try?:confused3

:offtopic:Do you ever see a car while your driving with the DVC magnet or Disney family member stickers on the back? I am sure you do....Does ever get you really excited for your next trip? It always does that for me...I want to stop and say hi, like I know them....:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Do they do the morning runs at the GF like they do at a few of the other resorts? If so, what mornings? They are usually a fairly short distance, like in the 1.5 mile range, and cost somewhere in the $15-$30 range. I'm asking on the threads of all 4 resorts we're staying at, so sorry for the repetition if you follow all 3 threads :upsidedow.

I never heard of this, but I would love it!!! Can't wait to see if someone answers.:goodvibes

Thank you so much!!!! I was beginning to think I'd lost my mind. I know it will be harder to book because of the configuration that's why we are looking into this so far in advance and plan to book the first day that we can at the 499 day mark.

You may already know this, but in case you don't. In order to book for more than one night, you will have to call 499 days from your checkout day. Not check in day. Good luck!

After talking to a couple of different travel agents and Disney directly this is what I have come up with. Disney will not allow you to book the two bedroom suite as a three bedroom suite. They will allow you to book the 2 bedroom and a standard CL room and make a request to have the rooms connecting. It is just a request and not guarantee even if I book it 499 days in advance. There will still be a very good chance that the standard room could be on the third or fourth floor. Everyone I spoke with tried to push us towards a grand villa even though we are not DVC members and have little interest in them. Most of them would actually be more than the suite with no CL, and no housekeeping and remote locations. At least we have some time to figure this out.

I had to laugh when a travel agent recommended the Grand Villa and when I mentioned the fact that they often book up quickly long before we would be able to book them for cash. Her response was she should be able to find us room at the lovely Saratoga Springs resort. SMH! I'm looking for a suite in the main building of the GF and they feel that Saratoga Springs would be just as nice.

After talking to a couple of different travel agents and Disney directly this is what I have come up with. Disney will not allow you to book the two bedroom suite as a three bedroom suite. They will allow you to book the 2 bedroom and a standard CL room and make a request to have the rooms connecting. It is just a request and not guarantee even if I book it 499 days in advance. There will still be a very good chance that the standard room could be on the third or fourth floor. Everyone I spoke with tried to push us towards a grand villa even though we are not DVC members and have little interest in them. Most of them would actually be more than the suite with no CL, and no housekeeping and remote locations. At least we have some time to figure this out.

I had to laugh when a travel agent recommended the Grand Villa and when I mentioned the fact that they often book up quickly long before we would be able to book them for cash. Her response was she should be able to find us room at the lovely Saratoga Springs resort. SMH! I'm looking for a suite in the main building of the GF and they feel that Saratoga Springs would be just as nice.
I hope you are able to make it work. There is nothing more frustrating than knowing what you want but not being able to get all the ducks in a row to make it work. At least they didn’t offer you a Family suite at AoA...lol. God luck!

I wanted to leave a quick recap of our RPC stay now that we have returned to the frozen tundra that is Michigan.
We arrived early on Friday (2/8), around 11:30. Our room was not ready so we went to the lounge and waited. Our room ready text came at about 1:30. We went up to our room and our luggage was delivered right away. I didn’t think I would like the 5th floor, but came to really appreciate the peacefulness of the location. Housekeeping did a wonderful job and we received turndown service every night. The only complaint I had is that on the day we checked out (2/14) we had no COLD water. We noticed while showering that the water was much hotter then normal, but made the determination there was a problem when we brushed our teeth. Both faucets offered hot water. We did not have that the night before, so it was really strange. We left at 7 am, but I did call back to the resort to let them know. Over the course of our 6 nights, we made good use of the lounge offerings. We ate breakfast in the lounge every day. Two of the days Mickey waffles were served and one morning they served fresh made donuts. The rest of the offerings were pretty much the same every day. We were only there two days during mid-day service. One day they served corn chowder, and another a very good tomato Florentine soup. Evening apps were pretty varied over the 3 nights we were there during serving. Short ribs, sweet and sour chicken, pork belly, another skewered meat (I can’t recall what it was). Chicken nuggets and Mac and cheese (yum) on the kids side. There were very nice salads as well. The dessert category is where I think GF shines. There were so many items available....about twice as many as I have seen at other resorts recently. Overall, we had a very nice trip! Beautiful resort and very kind/helpful staff. The weather was very nice with just a little rain. I prefer liquid precip over the frozen kind, so all was good. We booked a Bounceback for December at Beach Club, but changed over to GF Sugarlaof. Not my favorite CL, but GF is my fave for Christmas...so a compromise. Too bad i have about 300 days to wait.

I wanted to leave a quick recap of our RPC stay now that we have returned to the frozen tundra that is Michigan.
We arrived early on Friday (2/8), around 11:30. Our room was not ready so we went to the lounge and waited. Our room ready text came at about 1:30. We went up to our room and our luggage was delivered right away. I didn’t think I would like the 5th floor, but came to really appreciate the peacefulness of the location. Housekeeping did a wonderful job and we received turndown service every night. The only complaint I had is that on the day we checked out (2/14) we had no COLD water. We noticed while showering that the water was much hotter then normal, but made the determination there was a problem when we brushed our teeth. Both faucets offered hot water. We did not have that the night before, so it was really strange. We left at 7 am, but I did call back to the resort to let them know. Over the course of our 6 nights, we made good use of the lounge offerings. We ate breakfast in the lounge every day. Two of the days Mickey waffles were served and one morning they served fresh made donuts. The rest of the offerings were pretty much the same every day. We were only there two days during mid-day service. One day they served corn chowder, and another a very good tomato Florentine soup. Evening apps were pretty varied over the 3 nights we were there during serving. Short ribs, sweet and sour chicken, pork belly, another skewered meat (I can’t recall what it was). Chicken nuggets and Mac and cheese (yum) on the kids side. There were very nice salads as well. The dessert category is where I think GF shines. There were so many items available....about twice as many as I have seen at other resorts recently. Overall, we had a very nice trip! Beautiful resort and very kind/helpful staff. The weather was very nice with just a little rain. I prefer liquid precip over the frozen kind, so all was good. We booked a Bounceback for December at Beach Club, but changed over to GF Sugarlaof. Not my favorite CL, but GF is my fave for Christmas...so a compromise. Too bad i have about 300 days to wait.

Happy you had such a great trip!!! Yay for the Chicken Nuggets and Mac and cheese!!! :goodvibes
During your midday visits to the lounge, did they still offer sliced meat and cheeses? Thanks!

Glad you had a great trip, thanks for the report! Did you happen to take any photos of the room, lounge offerings, etc.? TIA!

Last edited:
Glad you had a great trip, thanks for the report! Did you happen to take any photos of the room, lounge offerings, etc.? TIA!

I am embarrassed by how few pictures I actually did take. I have a couple of the room and only a few of the food offerings, but none of our room view (which overlooked the splash pad and lagoon)

Attachments

• CA41456C-51A3-4449-A794-821591E0CCDB.jpeg
    CA41456C-51A3-4449-A794-821591E0CCDB.jpeg
    13.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 2D5477F6-3DE5-48FA-9F42-483E6DBB3D9A.jpeg
    2D5477F6-3DE5-48FA-9F42-483E6DBB3D9A.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 40
  • C113E60A-B18E-444A-9812-7978E7EFDF24.jpeg
    C113E60A-B18E-444A-9812-7978E7EFDF24.jpeg
    17 KB · Views: 39
  • 08CF8B3C-765C-48DE-8D77-5068ADD501F1.jpeg
    08CF8B3C-765C-48DE-8D77-5068ADD501F1.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 42
  • EC0DE575-7D83-478B-B940-562D2673C9D3.jpeg
    EC0DE575-7D83-478B-B940-562D2673C9D3.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 38
Happy you had such a great trip!!! Yay for the Chicken Nuggets and Mac and cheese!!! :goodvibes
During your midday visits to the lounge, did they still offer sliced meat and cheeses? Thanks!
I don’t recall any of the meats, but there may have been cheese. There was a very yummy artichoke dip and tomato pesto that I recall along with veggies. I recall a warm flatbread item along with the soup one day. At night, they also offered veggies, but they all appeared to me marinated or seasoned, not plain like during afternoon service.

We arrived early on Friday (2/8), around 11:30. Our room was not ready so we went to the lounge and waited.

We booked a Bounceback for December at Beach Club, but changed over to GF Sugarlaof. Not my favorite CL, but GF is my fave for Christmas...so a compromise. Too bad i have about 300 days to wait.

Thanks for your review, glad you had a great time. Congrats on booking a BB. Have fun planning your next stay :).

Just getting back from a 5 day trip last week. I booked relatively late and could not get one hotel for 4 consecutive nights, so ended up with WL 1st night, GF, second and third and BW for the last. Enjoyed all three but were given the surprise of a lifetime with a 2 bedroom CL suite upgrade for the 2 nights we were at the GF. Absolutely gorgeous and huge room, CL was great and we really enjoyed the resort and pools. We probably wouldn't stay at the WL again as my kids found the main pool boring. GF will be very hard, if not impossible, to beat in the future. BW was nice but our room was the last down an incredibly long hall and it was not ready until 5pm and the hot water was barely warm. We loved the pool area, but enjoyed BC more. I'm not sure why the 2 bedroom CL suites go for normally, but I assume it's not something I can afford if I want to pay my bills and continue to eat! It certainly was a wonderful surprise and we are very grateful for the experience.

Just getting back from a 5 day trip last week. I booked relatively late and could not get one hotel for 4 consecutive nights, so ended up with WL 1st night, GF, second and third and BW for the last. Enjoyed all three but were given the surprise of a lifetime with a 2 bedroom CL suite upgrade for the 2 nights we were at the GF. Absolutely gorgeous and huge room, CL was great and we really enjoyed the resort and pools. We probably wouldn't stay at the WL again as my kids found the main pool boring. GF will be very hard, if not impossible, to beat in the future. BW was nice but our room was the last down an incredibly long hall and it was not ready until 5pm and the hot water was barely warm. We loved the pool area, but enjoyed BC more. I'm not sure why the 2 bedroom CL suites go for normally, but I assume it's not something I can afford if I want to pay my bills and continue to eat! It certainly was a wonderful surprise and we are very grateful for the experience.

What a great upgrade! Glad you had nice trip :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!