(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re arriving on a Thursday morning at around 7:30 AM. Do you think the Magical Express would take a lot of time or is an Uber worth it to save some time?

I would Uber. With that said, we've never taken DME and have always rented a car or booked a car service. We like going straight to our resort without the possibility of stops. We did Uber for the first time last summer and it was only around $30-35, well worth it to me ;).

It’s a blizzard where i am now...so dreaming of 80’s May weather in the GF pool!

:cloud9: :beach:

19 days to be exact - our trip starts May 1. :)

Have a great trip :wizard:.

The first concept art drawing of the new Beauty and the Beast themed bar/lounge replacing Mizner's does look lovely. It is interesting that they are planning 4 unique areas. I am most interested in the outdoor terrace area. I think that would be lovely especially in the evening :cloud9:

The first concept art drawing of the new Beauty and the Beast themed bar/lounge replacing Mizner's does look lovely. It is interesting that they are planning 4 unique areas. I am most interested in the outdoor terrace area. I think that would be lovely especially in the evening :cloud9:

Did they give any ideas on when it will be open?

I saw the pictures too and thought I might want to try that. Not on this May trip though

And my sister has just grabbed us a two bed villa lake view at BLT, can’t believe it! Truly spoilt for accommodation on this trip.

Congrats!! Sounds like a great trip! Have fun :goodvibes.

Winter storm warning from wed thru Friday morning here. We leave in 15 days. I am soo tired of winter.

Me too!! Spring is long overdue :(.

Winter needs to be done.

I agree....this is getting old!! Just saw on the news that it's supposed to be 59 here today but then drop to 39 tomorrow.....with rain around 6am changing over to snow by 8am with an accumulation of a couple inches :sad2:.

Question: is there a waiter/waitress at either pool at the GF? (or cabana boy/girl?)

There is at the quiet pool at the Polynesian and it was so nice to relax and order a drink and have it brought to you. Do they do this at the GF too?

Thanks

If booking a lagoon view room what is a good building to request rooms in?
I've stayed in Conch Key and Boca Chica with lagoon views. Like @dragonfly57005 mentioned, my favorite has been Boca Chica. If I turned slightly left I could see the castle! That said, Boca Chica was a little further to walk to amenities since you go around the pool. Conch Key is closer to the boat launch and has a back exit closer to the QS, Gasparilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter