(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at GF for 3 nights/4 days, first time EVER guests. We have an early morning arrival flight, landing at 8:50 EST and at GF by 10:30 AM. That night I want to attend the MVMCP from 6-12. Worst case scenario, we don't get into our room until after 3 PM. Was thinking about renting a cabana for a few hours so we could rest up before the party starts. If not a cabana, maybe lounge in a shady spot near the pool. No plan B at this time for if there's bad weather. Any suggestions for a plan B?
Also, what is the best way to get back to the resort after closing down MK after MVMCP?
I usually stay at poly or gf which have the same transport. I eyeball it. Sometimes the boat is arriving and not too many people but if its packed I head up to mono. Make sure to take resort mono and not the TTC one.

DD and I also thought for our last MNSSHP we would walk to CR and catch mono from there IF the lines were awful.

I hate standing still lol.

If you don't make a request and check in or use OCI you should get room before 3. I have had great luck at gf with that.

What dates? I am doing party 12/6:santa:

I usually stay at poly or gf which have the same transport. I eyeball it. Sometimes the boat is arriving and not too many people but if its packed I head up to mono. Make sure to take resort mono and not the TTC one.

DD and I also thought for our last MNSSHP we would walk to CR and catch mono from there IF the lines were awful.

If you don't make a request and check in or use OCI you should get room before 3. I have had great luck at gf with that.

Hey girl! Where are you staying?

We arrive the 12th, depart evening of 15th. Looks like I made a mistake in requesting a room via TP and completing the online check-in. First time doing either of these things and I pick this trip to try them out! Guess I can always go up to the front desk and inquire about our room to let them know we're on property.

We arrive the 12th, depart evening of 15th. Looks like I made a mistake in requesting a room via TP and completing the online check-in. First time doing either of these things and I pick this trip to try them out! Guess I can always go up to the front desk and inquire about our room to let them know we're on property.
You can always inquire at desk on 3rd floor. If they say should be soon you can wait. If not say rather give up request for 1st available.

Hey girl! Where are you staying?
Well, I have moved 3 times. Poly std at rack, then cr std at rack then my bff called gf std rpc WITH AP RATES for your dates so I switched.

DD and i arrive now 12/5, mvmcp 12/6 then dh arrives 12/7 and we all leave 12/8. Our 12/7 night is a TPV.

Dh actually sat on balcony last weekend several times! He likes to see the marina. WHO knew??

Well, I have moved 3 times. Poly std ar rack, then cr std at rack then my bff called gf std rpc WITH AP RATES so I switched.

DD and i arrive now 12/5, mvmcp 12/6 then dh arrives 12/7 and we all leave 12/8. Our 12/7 night is a TPV.

Dh actually sat on balcony last weekend several times! He likes to see the marina. WHO knew??

PM.

I was wondering if anyone has a list or a photo of the cordials and liqueurs served in the evening at RPC? I’m trying to think up some simple cocktails I could request, like a Grand Marnier with champagne. 🥂

I want to say thank you to everyone on this board for answering my questions!
I do have one more 😂
If we check into another Disney hotel on our last day, will we still have access to the RPC until 10pm that evening?
Or does CL access go away once we check into another hotel? I was thinking of staying a few nights at Wilderness Lodge in a non CL room. I was hoping to use the RPC on our check out day after checking in and dropping off bags at WL.

I do have one more 😂
If we check into another Disney hotel on our last day, will we still have access to the RPC until 10pm that evening?
Or does CL access go away once we check into another hotel? I was thinking of staying a few nights at Wilderness Lodge in a non CL room. I was hoping to use the RPC on our check out day after checking in and dropping off bags at WL.

You have access that day. Can’t remember if there is a cutoff time at Disney though, I know Universal Resorts cutoff at 3 pm.

I do have one more 😂
I have been able to everywhere except CSR Chronos club, and Disneyland resorts.

We haven’t been at Christmas time in nine years and I was just curious if they quit putting up the huge Christmas tree in the lobby? I don’t see it in any of the pictures 😢.

Thanks for this! So, do you think that all that is left, is the bridge? And then it is complete?

Magic bands arrived yesterday! It's getting real now! This trip planning has been so weird for me. I am one who likes the planning almost as much as the trip. But it is just a trip with dd, who is away at college. So most of my conversations about this have just been in my own head, lol. I am used to talking about this 24/7 with the kids, in previous trips! It would always be our dinner conversation, every night.

Thanks for this! So, do you think that all that is left, is the bridge? And then it is complete?

Magic bands arrived yesterday! It's getting real now! This trip planning has been so weird for me. I am one who likes the planning almost as much as the trip. But it is just a trip with dd, who is away at college. So most of my conversations about this have just been in my own head, lol. I am used to talking about this 24/7 with the kids, in previous trips! It would always be our dinner conversation, every night.

There’s another bridge, from what I understand, that still needs to be built. They started off so fast, but just started crawling. I hope it’s done sooner than later! When is your trip?! I hope you have a great time!!!

There’s another bridge, from what I understand, that still needs to be built. They started off so fast, but just started crawling. I hope it’s done sooner than later! When is your trip?! I hope you have a great time!!!
Thank you so much! We will be there Jan 2-6!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!