(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this! So, do you think that all that is left, is the bridge? And then it is complete?

Magic bands arrived yesterday! It's getting real now! This trip planning has been so weird for me. I am one who likes the planning almost as much as the trip. But it is just a trip with dd, who is away at college. So most of my conversations about this have just been in my own head, lol. I am used to talking about this 24/7 with the kids, in previous trips! It would always be our dinner conversation, every night.
Some of my best trips were when dd was in college. It’s a great way and place to reconnect.

Happy planning!

Magic bands arrived yesterday! It's getting real now! This trip planning has been so weird for me. I am one who likes the planning almost as much as the trip. But it is just a trip with dd, who is away at college. So most of my conversations about this have just been in my own head, lol. I am used to talking about this 24/7 with the kids, in previous trips! It would always be our dinner conversation, every night.

We will be there Jan 2-6!

Hope you have a great time with your DD :wizard:.

We're there the same dates! - Jan 2 to 7!

Have a great trip :goodvibes.

We are staying sugar loaf this time the week before Christmas, do you know if they change up the desserts and do any cute holiday ones? Also any word of adding mickey waffles to sugar loaf? We had stayed rpc the year before and this past summer stayed sugar loaf and was a little bummed that sl didn’t have mickey waffles like rpc.

So is Commander Porter's closed now because of the Enchanted Rose? I have so many special memories of shopping with my mom at the GF and am looking forward to hitting the shops with dd in Jan. Are all the other shops the same ones that were there in 2015? And if CP"s is closed, are they selling that merchandise elsewhere at the resort?

So is Commander Porter's closed now because of the Enchanted Rose? I have so many special memories of shopping with my mom at the GF and am looking forward to hitting the shops with dd in Jan. Are all the other shops the same ones that were there in 2015? And if CP"s is closed, are they selling that merchandise elsewhere at the resort?
Yes it is closed. The merch now at Summer Lace and renamed Curiouser Clothiers.

Last few trips most of mens things in the back room on the right side.

We are staying sugar loaf this time the week before Christmas, do you know if they change up the desserts and do any cute holiday ones? Also any word of adding mickey waffles to sugar loaf? We had stayed rpc the year before and this past summer stayed sugar loaf and was a little bummed that sl didn’t have mickey waffles like rpc.
They recently took away their standard desserts. For summer and fall they did the same ones everynight but more seasonal. Ill be there 12/5 rpc so I will let ya know if any new ones compared to my trip 2 weeks ago.

They recently took away their standard desserts. For summer and fall they did the same ones everynight but more seasonal. Ill be there 12/5 rpc so I will let ya know if any new ones compared to my trip 2 weeks ago.
That would be great, thanks! When you say they took awake their standard desserts any idea what kinds of things that usually leaves? Now I’m starting to worry, the club level is my teen girls Christmas present as they love the lounge (probably a little too much:)).

Yes it is closed. The merch now at Summer Lace and renamed Curiouser Clothiers.

Last few trips most of mens things in the back room on the right side.
Thank you, Trisha! Summer Lace is the store that was sort of "connected to" or right next to CP's, right? Or do I have that mixed up with a shop downstairs?

That would be great, thanks! When you say they took awake their standard desserts any idea what kinds of things that usually leaves? Now I’m starting to worry, the club level is my teen girls Christmas present as they love the lounge (probably a little too much:)).
They had several just different from past years. About 5 or so each night that looks like it is changing seasonally.

My dd is arriving late 12/05 so I should have time to take pix.

You are mixed up lol. That’s ok it gets confusing,

Summer lace was the one on 1st floor near the Garden View Tea Room.

Mizners bar was near CP. on 2nd floor.
Yes! Thank you so much! Didn't they have Lilly in the "back" of CP's? Or was that Summer Lace? Whatever, I'm overthinking, I'll find all of it! ;P

Yes! Thank you so much! Didn't they have Lilly in the "back" of CP's? Or was that Summer Lace? Whatever, I'm overthinking, I'll find all of it! ;P
Commander Porter's was the men's store and was on the second floor. Summer Lace was the women's store and was on the first floor. Lilly Pulitzer was sold in Summer Lace, not Commander Porter's.

When Commander Porter's closed, Summer Lace was renamed to Curiouser Clothiers and now sells things for both men and women. You can still find Vineyard Vines, Tommy Bahama, Lilly Pulitzer, Nike golf, Crislu jewelry etc.

Bought my 1st Lilly at SL! Dd made me try on a dress and I loved it.

Lilly at gf and also poly, Cr , YC and swan (or dolphin?) . Oh and the store at Disney Springs!

My dd has worked for vineyard vines so I also know where to get that too lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter