(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey girl! We are home! Got in around 11pm. last night. Sorry we didn’t get to say goodbye. Enjoy the rest of your stay!!!!!! It was great getting to spend some time with you! Hope to see you again soon!! ❤
Rats !

oh well it was fun at the pool.
Your family is just wonderful and thank them for sharing their time with me.

So I need help how do I get to each park from the GF. And is there issues with time because I’m going to be there over NYE so I want to get to each of the parks early. (No mears, Uber, just what is free)

So I did something crazy! I had a Royal Caribbean Cruise planned for March and the pay off due date was coming up. As I have been planning this cruise I just wasn't happy. I don't think RC cruising is my jam. The closer the pay off date came, the sicker to my stomach I got. In the mean time my hubby has been having health issues and we got a PIN in the mail! We've never gotten one before. So, I guess I'm loosing my cruise deposit. Cause, I booked Disney at 181 days out! I have always booked a year out. Now I feel like I'm scrambling. Dining reservations are already tomorrow and I have to decide on which parks on which days and where we want to eat, today! But I'm SO excited and I think I made the right choice. Woot!

So I did something crazy! I had a Royal Caribbean Cruise planned for March and the pay off due date was coming up. As I have been planning this cruise I just wasn't happy. I don't think RC cruising is my jam. The closer the pay off date came, the sicker to my stomach I got. In the mean time my hubby has been having health issues and we got a PIN in the mail! We've never gotten one before. So, I guess I'm loosing my cruise deposit. Cause, I booked Disney at 181 days out! I have always booked a year out. Now I feel like I'm scrambling. Dining reservations are already tomorrow and I have to decide on which parks on which days and where we want to eat, today! But I'm SO excited and I think I made the right choice. Woot!
If you are excited then yes its the right choice!

I book at all times from 10 months prior to same day.

It will be a great trip no matter when the planning starts

WOOT!

Hi, my daughter and I will be at WDW in April for the Star Wars Run. We are currently staying at All Star Movies but I was thinking about changing our last 3 nights to a mod or deluxe to make our trip more relaxing. We stayed at the GF in an outer building garden view room for a few nights in July 2018 when my daughter was a CM and she would like to stay there again.

I can get a discount for the same type room which I think is reasonable. I can also get a discount on a SL room but I am not sure if I can justify the additional cost ($540 more). The biggest cost is the Saturday night after Easter which still has the higher rates. The switch only makes sense if we move on Saturday so there is no way to avoid the more expense night if we stay CL.

I have only stayed CL one time when I was upgraded on a trip with my mom at the Yacht Club. We do not have dinning plans except for one night so we would be able to enjoy the offerings in the lounge each day. This is not a park heavy trip so we would be spending more time around the resort especially after the half-marathon.

If you were helping a friend choose between non-CL or SL CL what would you recommend? Is SL for 3 nights worth an extra $500 or would a non-CL room at the GF suffice? Thanks for any comments or recommendations.

Hi, my daughter and I will be at WDW in April for the Star Wars Run. We are currently staying at All Star Movies but I was thinking about changing our last 3 nights to a mod or deluxe to make our trip more relaxing. We stayed at the GF in an outer building garden view room for a few nights in July 2018 when my daughter was a CM and she would like to stay there again.

I can get a discount for the same type room which I think is reasonable. I can also get a discount on a SL room but I am not sure if I can justify the additional cost ($540 more). The biggest cost is the Saturday night after Easter which still has the higher rates. The switch only makes sense if we move on Saturday so there is no way to avoid the more expense night if we stay CL.

I have only stayed CL one time when I was upgraded on a trip with my mom at the Yacht Club. We do not have dinning plans except for one night so we would be able to enjoy the offerings in the lounge each day. This is not a park heavy trip so we would be spending more time around the resort especially after the half-marathon.

If you were helping a friend choose between non-CL or SL CL what would you recommend? Is SL for 3 nights worth an extra $500 or would a non-CL room at the GF suffice? Thanks for any comments or recommendations.

We have only stayed in the Main Building (RPC Club Level). For US the club was worth it - we had breakfast, afternoon tea, heavy snacks in the evening, etc. Food options of some sort from 7 AM to 10 PM. Though I had dining plans, we cancelled most of them because there was enough food for us anytime we were near MK...

I would ask the group in this thread for some recent experiences with SL

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-and-questions.3414590/

I've stayed outer building GV, SL and RPC and while I'm probably in the minority, I'd save the money and stay non-CL. Nothing horrible happened during our SL stay, I just wasn't impressed with it. Good luck with your decision. Have a great trip :).

So I need help how do I get to each park from the GF. And is there issues with time because I’m going to be there over NYE so I want to get to each of the parks early. (No mears, Uber, just what is free)

Magic Kingdom = Boat or Monorail
Epcot = Monorail to the Ticket and Transportation Center then switch to another monorail to Epcot
Hollywood Studios = Bus
Animal Kingdom = Bus
Disney Springs = Bus

So @GADisneyDad14 had mentioned how crowded roads were so I was concerned last NYE.

We transferred from S&D early on 12/31 to poly. What a mess! They really need cops there. All the cars going to MK block left lane that you need to get to poly and gf.

We stayed at poly and walked to gf for our night. We tried going to MK around 6p and what a nightmare. Apparently sitting all day in MK is a thing. People were everywhere ! They were waiting for the night shows.

No thank you , we have reserved viewing at poly!

We didn’t have any problem getting food at poly. Overall not too busy there compared to 7/4.

You may try mono to Epcot but be wary of busses on 12/31

1/1 was not bad, much easier to get around.

A big hello fellow GF fans..Its's really been quite a while....
since my last visit here...We had a terrific stay at GF SL...and also tried something new YC CL which we also really enjoyed....

So nice seeing all of the GF pictures....no matter what direction they are posted in...lol..I'm lookin at you trish...:tongue:...I always say pictures are the next best thing to being there....

Here are a few observations from our most recent GF stay...usually request courtyard view when in SL..but didn't make any requests and got a lovely marina view room...which I would gladly stay in again....I never realized how picturesque this view is..and how nice it was to see the lagoon and also the monorails gliding by in the distance....
There were no Mickey waffles.. there were warm sticky buns and egg fritattas...also there were individual bottles of water available...
I know that this is a question often asked about the CL differences...but honestly I enjoy both RPC and SL for different reasons..and in different seasons....they recently also added some outside seating on the marina side..a table and chairs and from my understanding they will be adding a few more....:thumbsup2..good decision on that...honestly I am not a fan of the new changes that have taken place..altho the combined new Summer Lace /Commander Porters..now renamed Curiousier Clothiers.. space is pretty nice...absolutely hate that space that the GF Society Orchestra now occupies...and it definitely sounds very different on the upper floors....:eek::faint:....JMO..ymmv....

Our next few stays will be on the Epcot side...but we are looking forward to being back at the GF this summer...

Thanks friend!

Any pic requests ? I have Thursday by myself until dd arrives.

Well not exactly to yourself...lol..It was so great to see you! :goodvibes

No trip planned BUT on this day, December 6 2010 we were pixie dusted with the Grand Suite.
Thanks for all the pics. They really should add some DiSaranno to the cordials

I remember that trip!! What pixie dust..so glad that DD and I were there to get to visit you and Mom while you were there! Sure hope that you can get back to the GF soon...:goodvibes

~I hope that I will get to pop back in soon..but if not..wishing you all magical holidays and the very best in the new year ahead...
:earsgirl:

since my last visit here...We had a terrific stay at GF SL...and also tried something new YC CL which we also really enjoyed....

So nice seeing all of the GF pictures....no matter what direction they are posted in...lol..I'm lookin at you trish...:tongue:...I always say pictures are the next best thing to being there....

Here are a few observations from our most recent GF stay...usually request courtyard view when in SL..but didn't make any requests and got a lovely marina view room...which I would gladly stay in again....I never realized how picturesque this view is..and how nice it was to see the lagoon and also the monorails gliding by in the distance....
There were no Mickey waffles.. there were warm sticky buns and egg fritattas...also there were individual bottles of water available...
I know that this is a question often asked about the CL differences...but honestly I enjoy both RPC and SL for different reasons..and in different seasons....they recently also added some outside seating on the marina side..a table and chairs and from my understanding they will be adding a few more....:thumbsup2..good decision on that...honestly I am not a fan of the new changes that have taken place..altho the combined new Summer Lace /Commander Porters..now renamed Curiousier Clothiers.. space is pretty nice...absolutely hate that space that the GF Society Orchestra now occupies...and it definitely sounds very different on the upper floors....:eek::faint:....JMO..ymmv....

Our next few stays will be on the Epcot side...but we are looking forward to being back at the GF this summer...

I remember that trip!! What pixie dust..so glad that DD and I were there to get to visit you and Mom while you were there! Sure hope that you can get back to the GF soon...:goodvibes

~I hope that I will get to pop back in soon..but if not..wishing you all magical holidays and the very best in the new year ahead...

@BlueSkies :wave2:

Long time no see

Sounds like you had some fun trips since you last popped in. Agreed not sure I like where the GF Orchestra is now located.

I forgot that your DD was with you, think I also ran into @Maxie86 on that trip.
Need to win the powerball so I can be there for the 50th(theirs & mine)
Happy Holidays to your fam

Hi Blue. So good to see you posting! I've missed you.
Maybe 2020 we will happen to meet up at WDW?! I have my first AP and have already renewed it for the next year.
Merry Christmas!

That was a nice surprise! That Maria lol she kept us all amused too. (Cm)

:wave2: My Friend....What a nice surprise to see you posted!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year if you don't get to stop by again!

Finally ADR day is Saturday:surfweb: for the life of me I can't remember what time I can start in the morning. Thanks is advance for your help...hope everyone is having a magical day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!