(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big hello fellow GF fans..Its's really been quite a while....
since my last visit here...We had a terrific stay at GF SL...and also tried something new YC CL which we also really enjoyed....

So nice seeing all of the GF pictures....no matter what direction they are posted in...lol..I'm lookin at you trish...:tongue:...I always say pictures are the next best thing to being there....

Here are a few observations from our most recent GF stay...usually request courtyard view when in SL..but didn't make any requests and got a lovely marina view room...which I would gladly stay in again....I never realized how picturesque this view is..and how nice it was to see the lagoon and also the monorails gliding by in the distance....
There were no Mickey waffles.. there were warm sticky buns and egg fritattas...also there were individual bottles of water available...
I know that this is a question often asked about the CL differences...but honestly I enjoy both RPC and SL for different reasons..and in different seasons....they recently also added some outside seating on the marina side..a table and chairs and from my understanding they will be adding a few more....:thumbsup2..good decision on that...honestly I am not a fan of the new changes that have taken place..altho the combined new Summer Lace /Commander Porters..now renamed Curiousier Clothiers.. space is pretty nice...absolutely hate that space that the GF Society Orchestra now occupies...and it definitely sounds very different on the upper floors....:eek::faint:....JMO..ymmv....

Our next few stays will be on the Epcot side...but we are looking forward to being back at the GF this summer...

Well not exactly to yourself...lol..It was so great to see you! :goodvibes

I remember that trip!! What pixie dust..so glad that DD and I were there to get to visit you and Mom while you were there! Sure hope that you can get back to the GF soon...:goodvibes

~I hope that I will get to pop back in soon..but if not..wishing you all magical holidays and the very best in the new year ahead...
:earsgirl:
Blue! Welcome back! You've had some fun and I'm so glad! :goodvibes

Hmm, I'm not looking forward to some of the changes for our next stay, especially the new position of the Orchestra. It was all still under construction in the Main Building for our last trip in May. Well, we'll see next year.

At the DVC Condo Assoc. meeting yesterday, they announced VGF will receive a ‘refresh’ for the rooms in 2021 if anyone is interested. Not sure what that entails, yet, but I’m sure we’ll find out more once we get closer.

Wow, VGF rooms already being renovated. I agree with mrsap. GF needs to refresh the regular rooms. Last time I was there, several years ago now, they were tired looking.

Happy Holidays my GF friends. Hope everyone is safe from all the bad weather the country has been having.

Wow, VGF rooms already being renovated. I agree with mrsap. GF needs to refresh the regular rooms.

Sorry, you must have misunderstood my post. The rooms that are being refreshed in 2021 are the Grand Floridian Villas, not the main rooms. I honestly do not feel like either are terribly worn, but I am not complaining about a refresh!

Well, we've spent a lovely Christmas Day with some cousins. Our appetites are sated; our Christmas Spirit, brightened. I wish all of our wonderful GFers a season of fun, frivolity and peace. I leave you with a memory of GF Christmases Past. It really is a lovely time of the year.

View attachment 460484
Merry Christmas to all and Happy Healthy New Year as well!

Page 3 save!!!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year's soon to everyone!!!

Just cleaned up Christmas and looking forward to the new year, which will hopefully have two trips to the Grand.

My DD was taken down by a Stomach virus and it ruined the holidays, so I am totally ready to move forward...lol

I hope everyone else's holidays were much better.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year's soon to everyone!!!

Just cleaned up Christmas and looking forward to the new year, which will hopefully have two trips to the Grand.

My DD was taken down by a Stomach virus and it ruined the holidays, so I am totally ready to move forward...lol

I hope everyone else's holidays were much better.

Hope you are able to get back to the Grand in the coming year. Also hope your DD is feeling better :hug:.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy New Year!! :wizard:

HNY! pixiedust:
I can never remember which days they do not do the Princess Promenade... Would someone please remind me? Also, considering doing the GF BBB vs. MK BBB. Would anyone with experiences at one or both have a recommendation? TIA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!