(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we know this?

Was just on Disney's website and I see it now says the Courtyard Pool Bar is "reopening on September 21"

I know we knew the Courtyard Pool would reopen, but glad to see confirmation of that bar too.

If I'm just behind, carry on.

Thanks so much...I didn't know!!

Need that pool bar to be open. Best part about that pool is you can enjoy your drink in the pool (I hope that still remains). Now I need to hear the blue wall is down.

Anyone confirm how late the resort loop monorail is running? Need to travel for dinner between Contemporary and GF.

‘Twas the night before GF reopening...

With no CL, curious how they go about using/assigning the rooms in the main building (IF they intend to use them).

For those going soon, enjoy!

Bit by bit, it’s great to see another resort reopening.
I had a main building club room booked for Christmas week. When I originally booked I was told even if there is no club I could essentially pay more to stay in the main building. While I was skeptical how accurate this was I booked anyway several months ago. I called today to inquire about the possibility of the club returning by Christmas. The cm told me if I didn’t switch to an outer building I would be moved to one at check in as club wouldn’t be available until 2021.

What's the transportation situation for getting to Wilderness Lodge for Geyser Point? Is a boat between WL and CR running? Thanks!

What's the transportation situation for getting to Wilderness Lodge for Geyser Point? Is a boat between WL and CR running? Thanks!

No, the WL/FW/CR boat has not running (although I really wish they would).

However the MK/WL boat is running, so if you’re going during park hours that’s an option. But the limited hours make this challenging in the evening.

I enjoyed seeing all the pictures. In August DD and I went over twice. It was so empty in the lobby and Summer Lace aka CC now had such limited hours we didn't even get to go in.

Cant wait to see the place busy again.

Wow. It will be like day and night when you go back!!! I still have a couple of months to go, but I’m really looking forward to it!! I guess I won’t get to see you this year!! 🙁

No, the WL/FW/CR boat has not running (although I really wish they would).

However the MK/WL boat is running, so if you’re going during park hours that’s an option. But the limited hours make this challenging in the evening.
I know this is a transportation question but here goes. How do you get from the Wilderness Lodge to the monorail resorts? We have an early breakfast at Kona and an 8:30 dinner at California Grill and trying to figure out how to get there. For the breakfast our party will have 2 two year old's with us so I really didn't want the hassle of a taxi if it can be avoided. Also does the MK boat still pick up at the WL and FW or does each resort have a separate boat? I'm pretty sure the trail from WL to FW will still be closed but we wanted to spend part of a day exploring FW and we were hoping to be able to take the boat. I just watched a blogger who showed that he took a bus from WL to FW. Hadn't heard of this and wondered had anyone else heard of it. Thanks for any responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter