(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We arrive in six days! First GF stay - can't wait!!

Oh, I hope you have a wonderful time. This is a very special time of year for the GF. While the crowds of lookiloos can be a little annoying, the extra pixie dust during the Holiday period is just so special. Some of our lovliest memories are from GF stays during this period. Just soak it all in. :cloud9:

Ooh, thank you for the update. We can't wait to be able to stroll home after an evening in the MK! party:

Oh, I hope you have a wonderful time. This is a very special time of year for the GF. While the crowds of lookiloos can be a little annoying, the extra pixie dust during the Holiday period is just so special. Some of our lovliest memories are from GF stays during this period. Just soak it all in. :cloud9:

Ooh, thank you for the update. We can't wait to be able to stroll home after an evening in the MK! party:
I’ve been known to be a lookiloos :rotfl2:

Hey all I was just wondering something...Do all the studio villas have the walk-in shower with bench and rainfall shower head? Or is that only in accessible rooms or something?

Hey all I was just wondering something...Do all the studio villas have the walk-in shower with bench and rainfall shower head? Or is that only in accessible rooms or something?

Hi! They have both stand up shower with bench AND a tub/shower combo!! I’ll get pictures in a couple days for you. There are doors that close off between each section.

disney-s-grand-floridian.jpg

Sorry for the double post but my first question was answered so quickly and I forgot I wanted to ask something else as well haha. One of the most important things for us when picking a resort is ease of access to and from the parks. More specifically from the parks when everyone is leaving at once at night. That's why we love staying at the Beach Club. We have wanted to try a GF stay and have been following the construction of what seems to be a walkway to the MK from the GF. Our next trip isn't until next December so I'd like to think that walkway would be done in over a year from know but nothing is ever certain.

So that leads me to my question...During closing hours, how is the transportation between MK and GF? I know there is both the monorail and boat but do these typically have long waits?

Sorry for the double post but my first question was answered so quickly and I forgot I wanted to ask something else as well haha. One of the most important things for us when picking a resort is ease of access to and from the parks. More specifically from the parks when everyone is leaving at once at night. That's why we love staying at the Beach Club. We have wanted to try a GF stay and have been following the construction of what seems to be a walkway to the MK from the GF. Our next trip isn't until next December so I'd like to think that walkway would be done in over a year from know but nothing is ever certain.

So that leads me to my question...During closing hours, how is the transportation between MK and GF? I know there is both the monorail and boat but do these typically have long waits?

We always prefer taking the resort boats rather than the monorail when returning back the GF from MK. And it's a nice little ride.

Going TO MK it's a toss up for us - the boat does stop at the Poly before going to MK so sometimes it isn't as fast as the monorail.

In the morning rope drop I take mono. If I am going midday I love the boat, yet will do mono too.

Leaving , if I see a short line for boat I jump in the line, if not mono.

I’ve never had to wait long for a mono. I just prefer the boat.

My last stay mid nov the boat line was where you catch it for wl because the boat launch area is under construction, Just look up for the sign for gf/poly. (Has been on left sep-nov). Keep in mind I have LOADED on both left and right. It appears they fill in gf/poly boat when WL/FW not arriving,

If mono crazy for some reason walk to Cr and hop on there. I keep that as my backup . Sometimes dd just likes to see Cr so we do it for fun too.

Silly question, but does this Wedding Pavilion area get closed off at a particular time of day? We'd like to watch HEA from here after our Narcoossee's dinner.

At MK closing the resort monorail is swamped with people heading to the TTC parking lot + guests staying at GF, Poly & the Contemporary resort. Although the monorail line looks massive, it moves fairly fast, but they jam you standing room only into the cars. The boat line looks long as well, but it’s only Poly & GF guests & you will get a seat. Sometimes I’ve had to wait for a second boat. It’ll be so nice once they’ve finished the walking path!

We are staying at in the Villas and want to have a small gathering...
Has anyone used a place outside the Villas for a small party or in the Villas lobby?
Are visitors allowed in a Villas room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!