(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at in the Villas and want to have a small gathering...
Has anyone used a place outside the Villas for a small party or in the Villas lobby?
Are visitors allowed in a Villas room?
Visitors are allowed in the villas. If you have a villa rather than a studio you would be able to host a small party in your villa.

All paid off! So excited. Still hoping something with the discount opens in RPC!

Thanks for the pics, @mrsap ! Does anyone think there's any chance of it beong open in a month? It doesn't look like it but I know nothing about construction timelines. I'd love to walk it if it will be open, just for the experience.
Me too!

Thanks friend!

Any pic requests ? I have Thursday by myself until dd arrives.

You're welcome :goodvibes

Nothing specific.....any pics you are willing to take and post are always appreciated ;).

Work being done today on the bridge...

Thanks for taking time out of your trip to post updated pics. Hope you're having a Grand time :).

All paid off! So excited. Still hoping something with the discount opens in RPC!

It's always a great feeling to be paid in full! Hope availability opens up with a discount for RPC :wizard:.

How long does everyone think it's going to take to walk from the Magic Kingdom to the lobby of the Grand once the walking path opens? I'm not the best judge of distance, but I don't think it's going to be as quick as walking to the Contemporary. We rented points to stay in a 1 bedroom villa at VGF in November 2020 and I'm hoping the path will be completed by then, but don't know how much we'd end up using it in reality. (We walked back to the Boardwalk from Hollywood Studios once years ago and that was a tough one!)

How long does everyone think it's going to take to walk from the Magic Kingdom to the lobby of the Grand once the walking path opens? I'm not the best judge of distance, but I don't think it's going to be as quick as walking to the Contemporary. We rented points to stay in a 1 bedroom villa at VGF in November 2020 and I'm hoping the path will be completed by then, but don't know how much we'd end up using it in reality. (We walked back to the Boardwalk from Hollywood Studios once years ago and that was a tough one!)

Well, we have strolled that path many times. I would doubt that it would've taken us more than 10 to 12 minutes to reach the current end and that was admiring the scenery along the way. Even if you doubled that time, I would think that a walk home would be a viable option when you consider wait times for monorails or the boat. The boat is a lovely way to come home, but you often have a bit of a wait for the next craft to arrive. The GF is the last monorail station on the return journey around the MK loop. I would think that a stroll home could be a reasonable way to get back to the GF, especially if you factor the crowds at park close or at the dinner rush.

These photos were taken near the end of the existing path from the MK. That is not greatly foreshortened, so you can see how much further you would need to walk to find yourself in the GF. It all depends on just how much energy you have left to burn after a day in the MK! :-)

GF Marina from Path1.jpg
GF Marina from Path 2.jpg

We are back from our trip (ended way too soon).
We were lucky enough to stay in room 4404. I didn’t take any pics of the room inside but our view was amazing!
The castle looked much bigger to the naked eye than it does in the pics. It must be that forced perspective that makes it appear that way! 😉

Attachments

• EBCEA15D-2CE9-4895-BA56-87ED9BE26B80.jpeg
    EBCEA15D-2CE9-4895-BA56-87ED9BE26B80.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 21
  • D51F6C7F-1E2C-4DCC-9E5B-3CED9199FD2A.jpeg
    D51F6C7F-1E2C-4DCC-9E5B-3CED9199FD2A.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 22
@trishadono We’ll be at the quiet pool! I’m going to take advantage of the hot tub. Too cold for the pool (for me), but my kids will be in! I’m looking forward to a glass of wine. Heading back now from breakfast at the Lodge. Will get changed and then head down.See you soon!!

@trishadono We’ll be at the quiet pool! I’m going to take advantage of the hot tub. Too cold for the pool (for me), but my kids will be in! I’m looking forward to a glass of wine. Heading back now from breakfast at the Lodge. Will get changed and then head down.See you soon!!
;)

We are back from our trip (ended way too soon).
We were lucky enough to stay in room 4404. I didn’t take any pics of the room inside but our view was amazing!
The castle looked much bigger to the naked eye than it does in the pics. It must be that forced perspective that makes it appear that way! 😉
Hi! In wich Building? Thanks! 🥰

@mrsap thanks for babysitting me while I waited for my room . Love your family :)

Finally asked about room after 3p. New procedure a manager has to sign off on room .
So maybe need to ask to get your room checked ???
Love the room ! 4x28!View attachment 456775View attachment 456776View attachment 456777View attachment 456778View attachment 456779View attachment 456780View attachment 456781View attachment 456782View attachment 456783View attachment 456784

Awww, thank you so much!! You can hang out with us anytime! I enjoyed your company and conversation!! Thank you so much for the cookies for DD & DS, so thoughtful of you!! Your room is great! Worth the wait! Have fun with your DD tonight! Hope to see you again tomorrow! ❤

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts