Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

We're a group of 5 on one reservation, but one person is flying in from a different airport. Is there a way to add a second set of flight info to our reservation?

I know she could also give her claim ticket to the DME people, does that add any extra time to receiving bags at the resort? Her flight gets to MCO around 6:30pm.

We're a group of 5 on one reservation, but one person is flying in from a different airport. Is there a way to add a second set of flight info to our reservation?

I know she could also give her claim ticket to the DME people, does that add any extra time to receiving bags at the resort? Her flight gets to MCO around 6:30pm.
Are there enough luggage tags for her? Each person on the reservation should get a tag. As long as there is a yellow luggage tag affixed to her bag, it doesn't matter what airport she is coming from.

sorry if this has been asked but if you are flying in late and plan on spending the night at the airport, can you take DME the next morning? Do I need to make a reservation? Or can I just show up at the DME desk when we are ready to go to the resort?

sorry if this has been asked but if you are flying in late and plan on spending the night at the airport, can you take DME the next morning? Do I need to make a reservation? Or can I just show up at the DME desk when we are ready to go to the resort?
Yes, you can. It's always better if you have an existing reservation for DME. It has been reported that you don't need to have a reservation, but I think it's better safe than sorry.

Do they usually send the DME tags with the magic bands? I just received an email that my bands were shipped. I used DME about 5 years ago, but I don't remember.

Just received our yellow luggage tags for trip next month. A few questions:

1) Only received one tag per person. Was it supposed to be two?

2) DIL's tag has the wrong last name on it. She and my son married about a month ago. I immediately changed her name on MDE but tag still has her maiden name on it. Is this going to be a problem or do I need to contact Disney for a new tag?

3) Will we receive a complimentary character luggage tag with Magic Bands?

2) DIL's tag has the wrong last name on it. She and my son married about a month ago. I immediately changed her name on MDE but tag still has her maiden name on it. Is this going to be a problem or do I need to contact Disney for a new tag?

1) One tag per person. We received our return tags for luggage when we did our airport check in at our resort upon departure.
2) I would contact Disney about the last name, just to avoid any potential problems.
3) Yes, you will receive your luggage tags with your magic bands.

Do they usually send the DME tags with the magic bands? I just received an email that my bands were shipped. I used DME about 5 years ago, but I don't remember.
No, we received our DME tags about a week and a half before our magic bands. It will arrive in a small, white envelope.

1) DME sends 1 yellow tag per person as standard procedure. If you need more, call them directly at 866 599-0951 - do NOT call Disney Reservations as they will not be able to help you.
2) the name printed on the yellow tag is completely irrelevant. The bar code is the only important thing on the tag, and it is just your reservation number. You do not need to call anyone (and again, calling Disney reservations would be useless).
3) you should get the luggage name tags with your magic bands, but ONLY if you booked a package. Room only reservations do not come with those name tags.

Steve

1. Used to be two, but it changed to just one pp a few years ago.

2. Is her name correct on the room reservation? If so, just cross off her maiden name and put in her married name. Be sure to leave that bar code untouched!

3. Those cute plastic luggage tags come as part of a package. If you booked room only, you won't get them.

You could call DME directly (number given above) and ask them to send you addtl tags and to correct DIL's name. Not sure that's possible, but you could get addtl tags if needed. Depends on how soon you're traveling.

Would I need to make separate magical express reservations for people arriving and departing on different flights at different times on same reservation?

Would I need to make separate magical express reservations for people arriving and departing on different flights at different times on same reservation?

Yes. You can either fill out a separate form for each arrival, or call DME directly at 866 599-0951 and have them set it up over the phone. It may be simpler to call.

Steve

Yes, it's the best way to handle it. When you do the online DME reservation, there is an area, at the bottom of the first page, that asks if you have another guest to add. You can then plug in their info. Keep doing that until all are registered. Theoretically, we have been told that no, you don't have to have an existing DME reservation, just be on a resort reservation. But, it's easy to just list everyone, that way there shouldn't be any issues.

I know that if we arrive after 10:00 p.m., we should not use the DME luggage tags. What if our flight is scheduled to land at 9:45 p.m.? Should we go ahead and just NOT use the tags and get our own luggage before getting on DME bus in case there are any flight arrival delays?

I know that if we arrive after 10:00 p.m., we should not use the DME luggage tags. What if our flight is scheduled to land at 9:45 p.m.? Should we go ahead and just NOT use the tags and get our own luggage before getting on DME bus in case there are any flight arrival delays?
Yes. The chance of your plane reaching the gate after the baggage handlers shift ending is great. Then your bags will sit at the airport until they return at 5AM. While they would retrieve your bags at that time I would never be comfortable with my bags hanging out at the airport all night. First you have to hope that airline staff finds them left on the belt and then gathers them up in their offices. Then hope they are left alone all night (as in, no one messes with them). There's an entire business about 45 min away from me that sells off merchandise from bags that never make it to their owners. So anytime I land so close to the cut off, I do get my bags.

I apologize if this has been asked but to be completely honest I haven't read all 129 pages of this thread, just several of the latest pages.

Last week, I received an envelope from ME with my yellow tags with the correct info on the tags. It just had a half sheet of paper with no addition info. Well yesterday I received another envelope with new yellow tags and this one had a whole sheet of info like flight numbers and map to ME. I will use those but am curious if anyone knows if in reality it matters which ones we use since all the info is correct (names and resort). When my fight number changed due to the grounding of the Max 8 my TA changed that info within an hour of me letting her know but I assume that's why I received the first set with no info about the flights even though my flight info was changed over a month ago.

Unless your resort reservation number changed, then the tags are just duplicates. Flight information is not associated with the tags. You can use any or all of them.

DME doesn't care what flight you arrive on, or even if you actually arrive at MCO by plane. Yes, they ask for that information, but they only really care about your departure flight time.

The bar code on the tags is the only thing that really matters, as it contains your resort reservation number. As long as those are the same (and they almost certainly will be in this case) you're good to go.

Steve

I apologize if this has been asked but to be completely honest I haven't read all 129 pages of this thread, just several of the latest pages.

Last week, I received an envelope from ME with my yellow tags with the correct info on the tags. It just had a half sheet of paper with no addition info. Well yesterday I received another envelope with new yellow tags and this one had a whole sheet of info like flight numbers and map to ME. I will use those but am curious if anyone knows if in reality it matters which ones we use since all the info is correct (names and resort). When my fight number changed due to the grounding of the Max 8 my TA changed that info within an hour of me letting her know but I assume that's why I received the first set with no info about the flights even though my flight info was changed over a month ago.
Could be the first letter generated with an error, they realized it and simply resent them correctly the next day.
It won't matter what tags you use. They are not attached to flights

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!