Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

Christine

DIS Veteran
Yeah, if you see the option to add an arrival time, it didn't register
Have you used this page? It's never failed me
Yes, that's the site I booked on. As I said, I booked several different room reservations/people. I promise, I'm really not a stupid person and generally don't have issues booking things online!:o

AngiTN

DIS Veteran
Yes, that's the site I booked on. As I said, I booked several different room reservations/people. I promise, I'm really not a stupid person and generally don't have issues booking things online!:o
Sorry, never meant to suggest you didn't know what you were doing.
There are several ways to book ME and I have no idea which way you used to start. I was only trying to offer up the way that works for me. Most don't know about that link
I know you can call but I don't like to do that so I prefer to do it myself online.
That link has worked and it generates a confirmation email.
You can also do it when you initially book, if you have the info. With the Change Reservation feature online. Even if you want to do no changes, just add in flight info, you can use Change Reservations. I've done that once or twice too, just to test it out. It worked also.
I guess you can call if that makes you feel safer. Lots do

KMarston

DIS Veteran
I had ME booked under a reservation which I canceled to move to a studio after discounts were released. Am I right that ME would automatically be canceled and I need to reschedule?

• Christine

DIS Veteran
    Sorry, never meant to suggest you didn't know what you were doing.
    There are several ways to book ME and I have no idea which way you used to start. I was only trying to offer up the way that works for me. Most don't know about that link
    I know you can call but I don't like to do that so I prefer to do it myself online.
    That link has worked and it generates a confirmation email.
    You can also do it when you initially book, if you have the info. With the Change Reservation feature online. Even if you want to do no changes, just add in flight info, you can use Change Reservations. I've done that once or twice too, just to test it out. It worked also.
    I guess you can call if that makes you feel safer. Lots do
    Oh, please, do not worry. I should have used a smiley face. I said that statement about "not being a stupid person" totally for fun/in jest. I was just trying to say that I swear I did all the right things and for some reason, it didn't work. I'm generally a very competent person! (Again, I'm chuckling over this..). But your info confirms that something went wrong. I never got any confirmation emails.

AngiTN

DIS Veteran
    Thanks for the reply! Any idea where I can find it? I thought it had been visible on MDE but I don’t see it.
    Only place is to go in to start online check in (or change) and it will say under arrival time.
    If there's an option to add your time, they don't have it.
    If they have it it will say arrival via Magical Express

• KMarston

DIS Veteran
    Only place is to go in to start online check in (or change) and it will say under arrival time.
    If there's an option to add your time, they don't have it.
    If they have it it will say arrival via Magical Express
    Thank you, I’ll check there!

Christine

DIS Veteran
    Yeah, if you see the option to add an arrival time, it didn't register
    Have you used this page? It's never failed me
    Well, we figured out today that we'd need to put 4 people on DME, so I went back to the online site (same one as above) and went through it all again, just as I had before. This time, I actually got a confirmation email right away and the MDE account updated within about 5 minutes. I guess when I booked all 16 of us last time (using 4 different submission) something must have been going on with their site because none of them "took" and it all looked the same to me today.

So, at least some success!

pluto377

Mouseketeer
    I switched my reservation from AS Music to Pop after I had already received my yellow tag. I don't want to pick up my bag. Who do I give the luggage claim tag to? I have to wait at the counter or just go to where you tap your band?

• Fangorn

DIS Veteran
    I switched my reservation from AS Music to Pop after I had already received my yellow tag. I don't want to pick up my bag. Who do I give the luggage claim tag to? I have to wait at the counter or just go to where you tap your band?
    If your reservation confirmation remained the same after you switched resorts, then the yellow tags will still work just fine. The bar code on the tags is the reservation number, and it is that code that detirmines where your bags are sent. At least that's the way the system was designed to work.

DME wil tell you to use a Sharpie and cross through the resort name and write in the new one. Be careful not to mark through the bar code, though.

Steve

pluto377

Mouseketeer
    If your reservation confirmation remained the same after you switched resorts, then the yellow tags will still work just fine. The bar code on the tags is the reservation number, and it is that code that detirmines where your bags are sent. At least that's the way the system was designed to work.

DME wil tell you to use a Sharpie and cross through the resort name and write in the new one. Be careful not to mark through the bar code, though.

Steve
    Thanks so much! This puts my mind at ease!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates