Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

Yes, that's the site I booked on. As I said, I booked several different room reservations/people. I promise, I'm really not a stupid person and generally don't have issues booking things online!:o
Sorry, never meant to suggest you didn't know what you were doing.
There are several ways to book ME and I have no idea which way you used to start. I was only trying to offer up the way that works for me. Most don't know about that link
I know you can call but I don't like to do that so I prefer to do it myself online.
That link has worked and it generates a confirmation email.
You can also do it when you initially book, if you have the info. With the Change Reservation feature online. Even if you want to do no changes, just add in flight info, you can use Change Reservations. I've done that once or twice too, just to test it out. It worked also.
I guess you can call if that makes you feel safer. Lots do

I had ME booked under a reservation which I canceled to move to a studio after discounts were released. Am I right that ME would automatically be canceled and I need to reschedule?

Sorry, never meant to suggest you didn't know what you were doing.
There are several ways to book ME and I have no idea which way you used to start. I was only trying to offer up the way that works for me. Most don't know about that link
I know you can call but I don't like to do that so I prefer to do it myself online.
That link has worked and it generates a confirmation email.
You can also do it when you initially book, if you have the info. With the Change Reservation feature online. Even if you want to do no changes, just add in flight info, you can use Change Reservations. I've done that once or twice too, just to test it out. It worked also.
I guess you can call if that makes you feel safer. Lots do

Oh, please, do not worry. I should have used a smiley face. I said that statement about "not being a stupid person" totally for fun/in jest. I was just trying to say that I swear I did all the right things and for some reason, it didn't work. I'm generally a very competent person! (Again, I'm chuckling over this..). But your info confirms that something went wrong. I never got any confirmation emails.

Thanks for the reply! Any idea where I can find it? I thought it had been visible on MDE but I don’t see it.
Only place is to go in to start online check in (or change) and it will say under arrival time.
If there's an option to add your time, they don't have it.
If they have it it will say arrival via Magical Express

Only place is to go in to start online check in (or change) and it will say under arrival time.
If there's an option to add your time, they don't have it.
If they have it it will say arrival via Magical Express
Thank you, I’ll check there!

Yeah, if you see the option to add an arrival time, it didn't register
Have you used this page? It's never failed me
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/airport-transportation-reservation/

Well, we figured out today that we'd need to put 4 people on DME, so I went back to the online site (same one as above) and went through it all again, just as I had before. This time, I actually got a confirmation email right away and the MDE account updated within about 5 minutes. I guess when I booked all 16 of us last time (using 4 different submission) something must have been going on with their site because none of them "took" and it all looked the same to me today.

So, at least some success!

I switched my reservation from AS Music to Pop after I had already received my yellow tag. I don't want to pick up my bag. Who do I give the luggage claim tag to? I have to wait at the counter or just go to where you tap your band?

I switched my reservation from AS Music to Pop after I had already received my yellow tag. I don't want to pick up my bag. Who do I give the luggage claim tag to? I have to wait at the counter or just go to where you tap your band?

If your reservation confirmation remained the same after you switched resorts, then the yellow tags will still work just fine. The bar code on the tags is the reservation number, and it is that code that detirmines where your bags are sent. At least that's the way the system was designed to work.

DME wil tell you to use a Sharpie and cross through the resort name and write in the new one. Be careful not to mark through the bar code, though.

Steve

If your reservation confirmation remained the same after you switched resorts, then the yellow tags will still work just fine. The bar code on the tags is the reservation number, and it is that code that detirmines where your bags are sent. At least that's the way the system was designed to work.

DME wil tell you to use a Sharpie and cross through the resort name and write in the new one. Be careful not to mark through the bar code, though.

Steve

Thanks so much! This puts my mind at ease!

We arrive at MCO on AA at 9:42PM.

What determines the cutoff time for the automatic luggage transfer? Will they pick them up as long as the flight gets in before 10PM or does it depend on if the bags arrive at baggage claim before 10PM?

As we don't have a US address, we will have to hand in the luggage receipts, as we won't receive the DME luggage tags. (I wonder why they don't just send them by mail so you can print them at home like most cruise lines do nowadays)

Is there a DME bus going to the Treehouse Villas or only to Saratoga Springs?

We arrive at MCO on AA at 9:42PM.

What determines the cutoff time for the automatic luggage transfer? Will they pick them up as long as the flight gets in before 10PM or does it depend on if the bags arrive at baggage claim before 10PM?

As we don't have a US address, we will have to hand in the luggage receipts, as we won't receive the DME luggage tags. (I wonder why they don't just send them by mail so you can print them at home like most cruise lines do nowadays)

Is there a DME bus going to the Treehouse Villas or only to Saratoga Springs?

Where are you arriving from? I assume that it’s not an international flight since you are using the DME, but wanted to check.

Has anyone had problems with Disney grabbing your bags after you present your luggage receipts and claiming them for you?? We fly out next Friday. We have one tag for each of us. If I wanted to check another bag (we are flying SW) then I could claim the bag myself (which might be the smarter thing) and bring it on the bus or have Disney get it. I didn't want to read through all of these pages to see if people ever have issues with that NON YELLOW TAGGED BAG? Please advise. THANKS!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!