Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

We arrive at MCO on AA at 9:42PM.

What determines the cutoff time for the automatic luggage transfer? Will they pick them up as long as the flight gets in before 10PM or does it depend on if the bags arrive at baggage claim before 10PM?

As we don't have a US address, we will have to hand in the luggage receipts, as we won't receive the DME luggage tags. (I wonder why they don't just send them by mail so you can print them at home like most cruise lines do nowadays)

Is there a DME bus going to the Treehouse Villas or only to Saratoga Springs?
I would personally NOT let Disney get your bags. We have NOT had good luck with getting our bags at a decent time if we arrive between 8-11. Once we didn't get them until after 1 in the morning. I would personally get your bags yourself and bring them on the bus.

We won't need the bags until the next day, as we pack nightwear and toiletries in the carry-on anyways
Great packing plan! All you need to to is call or stop by Bell Services and ask to have your luggage held until morning. You will probably wake up to find your message light flashing (but no, the phone never rang :)) to arrange delivery.

We arrive at MCO on AA at 9:42PM.

What determines the cutoff time for the automatic luggage transfer? Will they pick them up as long as the flight gets in before 10PM or does it depend on if the bags arrive at baggage claim before 10PM?

As we don't have a US address, we will have to hand in the luggage receipts, as we won't receive the DME luggage tags. (I wonder why they don't just send them by mail so you can print them at home like most cruise lines do nowadays)

Is there a DME bus going to the Treehouse Villas or only to Saratoga Springs?

Bus goes to Saratoga springs - they will shuttle you to treehouses in a golf cart once there

Or we could catch the boat, plan on requesting a villa near the dock or at least with water view anyway.

Just returned from a trip and I have been doing DME since it began 2005 I think and have had no issues. BUT, alas a friend whom I went with last week had her DME luggage left at MCO. My belief is that is was Southwest's fault (they wrote an apology letter) but anyway, she did ask me to check here to see if anyone else had this issue recently??

Just returned from a trip and I have been doing DME since it began 2005 I think and have had no issues. BUT, alas a friend whom I went with last week had her DME luggage left at MCO. My belief is that is was Southwest's fault (they wrote an apology letter) but anyway, she did ask me to check here to see if anyone else had this issue recently??
My only left bag was entirely the airlines fault
If Southwest already apologized in not sure how it could be MEs fault

A recent update for both lateish arrival and having to alter tags manually. We landed at 8:00 pm, went straight to DS via Uber to eat at City Works. Staying at WL, which we switched to less than 4 days ago. I had to use modified tags. Our bags were delivered about 11:15. We’d gotten to the room about 10:45

Last edited:
How often does luggage get left behind by DME heading home? Asking for a friend. She is trying to decipher whose fault it was that her bag was left in MCO. I think it is Southwest's fault (see pp), but then again, I am very partial. TIA!:earboy2:

How often does luggage get left behind by DME heading home? Asking for a friend. She is trying to decipher whose fault it was that her bag was left in MCO. I think it is Southwest's fault (see pp), but then again, I am very partial. TIA!:earboy2:
Pretty hard to tell especially with southwest as they have no tracking. I’d say it’s less often than the airlines leave it

I know we’ve had several instances where Southwest put our bags on an earlier flight. That is on the airline granted that’s only because ME brought them early. We fly out late in the day

Just booked a trip! (eek) And learned our return flight will depart MCO at 7:45AM!! Will we be able to use DME? Assuming departure from hotel before 5am...will we have to lug all of our bags with us and check them at the airport? Does DME drop off up the departures where curb side check in is available or do we have to make that long trek from DME pick up area back to departures? TIA for information! Safe travels everyone!!

With a 7:45am flight, DME will pick you up at 4:45, plus or minus 15 min. Remember, that will be the time DME leaves your resort, not when it gets there.

Since RAC doesn't open until 5am, you will not be able to use that service. You will have to take your bags on the bus with you and then check it in at MCO.

DME drops off on the same level as pick up, but more centrally located. It's not at the end like DME pick-up is. You will have to schlep your bags upstairs to your airline counter. There are luggage carts nearby that you can rent if you need one.

Steve

Just booked a trip! (eek) And learned our return flight will depart MCO at 7:45AM!! Will we be able to use DME? Assuming departure from hotel before 5am...will we have to lug all of our bags with us and check them at the airport? Does DME drop off up the departures where curb side check in is available or do we have to make that long trek from DME pick up area back to departures? TIA for information! Safe travels everyone!!
No, even if you choose to depart via Uber and left after 5:00 you must have 3 hours before your flight to use RAC

With a 7:45am flight, DME will pick you up at 4:45, plus or minus 15 min. Remember, that will be the time DME leaves your resort, not when it gets there.

Since RAC doesn't open until 5am, you will not be able to use that service. You will have to take your bags on the bus with you and then check it in at MCO.

DME drops off on the same level as pick up, but more centrally located. It's not at the end like DME pick-up is. You will have to schlep your bags upstairs to your airline counter. There are luggage carts nearby that you can rent if you need one.

Steve
Thank you for the details!!

Does anyone know if you can take DME at a different time than immediately after your flight? For instance, it's seeming like the best option is to fly in late Sunday night but my reservation starts Monday. I thought about just staying at the hotel in the airport Sun night - could I take DME the next morning?

Does anyone know if you can take DME at a different time than immediately after your flight? For instance, it's seeming like the best option is to fly in late Sunday night but my reservation starts Monday. I thought about just staying at the hotel in the airport Sun night - could I take DME the next morning?
Yes, you can do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!