Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the new thread! I'll do my best to grab pics when I go next week.

Thanks for the positive feedback! As I said, the thread will be a work in progress as we add pictures and info it will hopefully get better and better!
And thank you Ferrentinos and HappyMomma for the offer of pictures!

First- thanks for the new thread
It is awesome. We are staying at Poly first time June 25-July 1
I got a letter yesterday from Poly about construction at East Pool during our visit. I was already aware of the upcoming construction but have heard a mix of rumors from this will be major construction to a pool refurb. We are staying in Hawaii Longhouse. I did book a lagoon view so we are not facing East (quiet pool). We really enjoy club level at Disney resorts with two teenage boys, and looking forward to trying it at the poly but nervous about noise and construction. Should we consider a different room location and give up club level? Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Also is the tiki bar an extension of outside seating at Trader SAMs or a different menu? We want to try this with the boys but the menu (for food) is not really that appealing for teenage boys. Thanks!

Touring plans has an option to see approximate room views in different longhouses.

I'll check it out, thanks!

I agree with @BlackMagicWoman that the touring plans site has an option to see an approximate room view. But that tool can be, and very often is, very wrong. I have found so much completely incorrect information and pictures of "views" that I stopped using it or recommending it. So just keep that in mind.

I got a letter yesterday from Poly about construction at East Pool during our visit. I was already aware of the upcoming construction but have heard a mix of rumors from this will be major construction to a pool refurb. We are staying in Hawaii Longhouse. I did book a lagoon view so we are not facing East (quiet pool). We really enjoy club level at Disney resorts with two teenage boys, and looking forward to trying it at the poly but nervous about noise and construction. Should we consider a different room location and give up club level? Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Also is the tiki bar an extension of outside seating at Trader SAMs or a different menu? We want to try this with the boys but the menu (for food) is not really that appealing for teenage boys. Thanks!

I can't really give you any advice to leaving CL - we are booked in the Hawaii building June 30 - July 7th - GV - I'm not too concerned with the east pool construction - we love CL at Poly for the food, drinks and view of castle/wishes! We spend more time there than looking out of our own room (although I really do hope we end up with a first floor room so we can have the patio and a little extra outdoor space - even if we are looking at construction walls). Maybe we'll see you in the lounge!

I do not think the construction will bother you. I was at the Poly last year for Labor Day weekend during the height of the construction, bravely stayed in the Niue longhouse. It was a short trip, so we did not spend a ton of time on the grounds. The construction noise never bothered us during the stay. Could you hear it? Sure, but it's not like they are using a jack hammer outside your door at 6:00 AM nor during the middle of the night. I am going back again this year for Labor Day, CL standard room. This means my room will face the Quiet Pool and I have no concerns at all about noise or what not. The Poly is an amazing place, and I hope your family has a great experience!!

Love the new page!

I just learned from the Club Level Itinerary Planning Office that since the renovations are complete on the bungalows that there are no longer any garden view rooms with lagoon views in Hawaii. All garden view club level rooms are facing the East Pool, which will be under construction in September.

EDIT - I am little late to the party on this one! Just read some previous posts!

This thread is great and is very helpful. Looking forward to my first stay at the poly this summer! I have a question for any poly experts. This summer the east pool will be closed. I was going to request Rarotonga because I want to be close to the GCH, parking lot (we will have a car and prefer to drive to HS and AK ect),and not to far from the main lava pool. With the construction at the quiet pool I'm thinking this may not be a good idea being that Rarotonga is so close to it? Any advice? Which longhouse would you choose if you were me?

Raratonga would be fine for what you are looking for IMO. I would just request "parking lot side" to minimize construction noise. Plus you may get too see the monorail going by your room!

Great thread, thanks for the info!!
I'm staying at the Poly for the first time in September-October and I can't wait :hyper:

Swim accident :scared1: I thought swim diapers were supposed to prevent that sort of stuff!! Yikes.

I do not think the construction will bother you. I was at the Poly last year for Labor Day weekend during the height of the construction, bravely stayed in the Niue longhouse. It was a short trip, so we did not spend a ton of time on the grounds. The construction noise never bothered us during the stay. Could you hear it? Sure, but it's not like they are using a jack hammer outside your door at 6:00 AM nor during the middle of the night. I am going back again this year for Labor Day, CL standard room. This means my room will face the Quiet Pool and I have no concerns at all about noise or what not. The Poly is an amazing place, and I hope your family has a great experience!!
Thanks, we did a lagoon view room as we like to sit on a balcony & I am an AP so the rate was not too much more, but was a little concerned about noise, because will be spending a lot of time at the resort. Thanks for the feed back & YES we will see you there

Thank you, we are very excited to stay there for the first time. We did see the new lobby at the Holidays & really liked it!!

Based on the pictures I've seen, I don't see much opportunity for shade at the pool. I know cabanas aren't available. Would Disney have an absolute fit if you tried to bring your own canopy?

Ok. The bulk of the work is done on the new thread. I still need to make a few banners for new things and get pictures of updated facilities and buildings. This thread will continue to be a work in progress, just like the resort itself.

I apologize for the several obnoxiously large photos. Even though I resized and uploaded them again I can't seem to get them to display at a reasonable size.

As I mentioned in a previous post I don't want to use pictures that either I don't have permission to use or that haven't been used in previous threads.
I could really use some help in acquiring the pictures I need to help make this thread more complete. If anyone is currently at the Poly or planning on staying in the near future I need pictures of the following:

• the rock formation in the lobby with Maui tiki on top
  • the Lava Pool
  • Kiki Tiki's splash area
  • Trader Sam's (including the patio)
  • Captain Cook's patio
  • DVC - bungalows and villas
  • the main entrance
  • the new marina building
  • the Tonga Suites (the pictures in the old thread are from before the room refurb)
Thank you so much!

Thanks Maiapapaya for all your hard work! I will be at the Poly in 2 weeks and will be happy to get as many pictures as I can. Please PM me with any specifics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!