Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody could confirm?

Hello,
We were there this week and there were torches, but all unlit. I imagine they would look fabulous lit up!!

If I had realized pics were needed here I would have taken some. Already on the way home now.

In trying to decide on a longhouse to request, I would LOVE to see pictures of the views from the window of rooms from each of the longhouses! I think that would be a great addition to this beautiful new thread!

touringplans.com has views from many of the rooms that you could take a look at :-)

Thanks for the offers for photos, 1971DBday and Koh1977!

There are now some view pictures in the longhouse post on the first page.

Glad everyone is enjoying the new thread so far!

Oh I'm so sad about that :worried: I suppose with the east pool closure, they will be off as well :sad:

Last edited:

Thanks for this new thread! We are going to be at the Poly in December. Your information is very helpful. Do you know if the Luau is cancelled very often? I'm a little concerned about the temperature at that time of year.

Thanks for this new thread! We are going to be at the Poly in December. Your information is very helpful. Do you know if the Luau is cancelled very often? I'm a little concerned about the temperature at that time of year.

It does get cancelled due to the weather around that time of year. Not sure what temperature it needs to dip below before they cancel it though.

Does anybody know how expensive it is to purchase breakfast items for your room ie: milk, bagels, cereal from the store in Polynesian. Would it be better to just order ahead of time? I don't mind spending a little bit of a premium but cannot justify something like $7.00 for a bag of bagels. Any thoughts?

I don't remember the prices. We had the dining plan last time and used the snack credits to supplement breakfast. I found all the items in the store to be expensive.

As a side note, I'm completely addicted to the chocolate croissants at Capt. Cooks. It's all I ate the entire week for breakfast (with fruit). It's vacation, so.............. lol

Does anybody know how expensive it is to purchase breakfast items for your room ie: milk, bagels, cereal from the store in Polynesian. Would it be better to just order ahead of time? I don't mind spending a little bit of a premium but cannot justify something like $7.00 for a bag of bagels. Any thoughts?

We were just there last month. One morning we went to CC's to grab a few light things for breakfast. We got a few fruit bowls, a couple of muffins, maybe a bottle of juice and a few yogurts. It was a little over $50! :faint: We've decided for next trip we will order breakfast stuff for the week from Garden Grocer! While I haven't priced it all out yet, I think when factored over a week it can't be as expensive as CC's!

Hey all, I'm staying at POLY for the first time here in literally one month, in May! My questions is, I'm going to do the online check-in, and under the request list every building is listed. I booked a standard room though, so can I safely assume then that if I request a longhouse that is not a standard room it will be denied, and they'll just throw me in whatever longhouse is available? People that don't know anything about the resort may get fooled and think they can select any building they want, only to find out later they never had a chance of staying there...

Aloha! We found out yesterday that we will be staying at the Poly in November! We are renting DVC points and we'll be there for 3 nights. Can't wait to read more about the resort and figure out how to plan our days there. :)

We were just there last month. One morning we went to CC's to grab a few light things for breakfast. We got a few fruit bowls, a couple of muffins, maybe a bottle of juice and a few yogurts. It was a little over $50! :faint: We've decided for next trip we will order breakfast stuff for the week from Garden Grocer! While I haven't priced it all out yet, I think when factored over a week it can't be as expensive as CC's!

Ouch!! That's what I'm trying to avoid. Maybe garden grocer will be a good bet. Thanks.

I don't remember the prices. We had the dining plan last time and used the snack credits to supplement breakfast. I found all the items in the store to be expensive.

As a side note, I'm completely addicted to the chocolate croissants at Capt. Cooks. It's all I ate the entire week for breakfast (with fruit). It's vacation, so.............. lol

Yes. While on vacation all rules go out the window... chocolate croissants for breakfast sounds good!!

Omg, yes! I love chocolate croissants.. I was also excited to hear that you can try the Tonga Toast there as well. I was going to try to do Kona twice because I am dying to try both the Tonga Toast and the Pineapple Macadamia Pancakes.

Hey all, I'm staying at POLY for the first time here in literally one month, in May! My questions is, I'm going to do the online check-in, and under the request list every building is listed. I booked a standard room though, so can I safely assume then that if I request a longhouse that is not a standard room it will be denied, and they'll just throw me in whatever longhouse is available? People that don't know anything about the resort may get fooled and think they can select any building they want, only to find out later they never had a chance of staying there...

Standard room or standard view?
All longhouses have standard rooms (except the suites, and now DVC). I look at the resort map to figure what longhouse fits my booking category when I make requests. So if I didn't book CL, I know not to check Hawaii!!

This may have been asked before but....does anyone know if the hammocks will be back on the beaches? Also doesn't look like lounge chairs are on Tahiti beach anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter