Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will lose my mind if that is effective immediately. I don't want to have to suddenly cough up another $140 for parking. And don't say "Well, if $140 is going to break your budget, maybe you shouldn't be going." (Been around the DIS long enough to know that is coming...) It's pure principle. And because that will be $140 less I'm spending in the parks...so Disney is coming out the same either way.

Is there a link somewhere that we can read more about these changes?
I agree 140.00 and all the other fees for here and there add up. Disney is slipping in extra charges for things every where it seems.

I will lose my mind if that is effective immediately. I don't want to have to suddenly cough up another $140 for parking. And don't say "Well, if $140 is going to break your budget, maybe you shouldn't be going." (Been around the DIS long enough to know that is coming...) It's pure principle. And because that will be $140 less I'm spending in the parks...so Disney is coming out the same either way.

Is there a link somewhere that we can read more about these changes?

I will be checking in next month with my car. I'm really hoping we don't have to pay for parking at our own resort. We are staying onsite for 17 days. We chose to drive instead of fly to save some money. If resorts start charging, it will cost me $340 to park. That's almost the price of two round trip airline tickets. So much for saving money. :(

I just don't appreciate these extra fees with little or no notice. That's what ticks me off. :mad:

I will be checking in next month with my car. I'm really hoping we don't have to pay for parking at our own resort. We are staying onsite for 17 days. We chose to drive instead of fly to save some money. If resorts start charging, it will cost me $340 to park. That's almost the price of two round trip airline tickets. So much for saving money. :(

I just don't appreciate these extra fees with little or no notice. That's what ticks me off. :mad:
I know we aren't supposed to mention any businesses...so without doing that, I wonder if there will be any deals/coupons through any travel memberships or senior memberships that will give free parking if not now, in the future. When I book through my travel membership agency, we've gotten free stuff in the past. Just wondering...

I hoping since we booked before the fees (if it does happen) that we would not be charged.

No worries at all! I hope it didn't seem that I was complaining about you not fixing it--I am aware there have been issues beyond your control. I was just looking for other resources to obsessively browse pictures of Poly before my trip!
No, worries, I didn't take it that way! It's been frustrating, but I'll get it done, so hopefully you'll be able to obsessively reminisce after your trip!

Question regarding the changes to the classification of standard rooms. I'm planning to request a king bed and we have a standard room booked. Does anyone know if with the new classification of standard rooms if there will still be king rooms in that category? The view is not really my concern, but just hoping the change won't make a king bed an impossibility. We can certainly be happy in a queen room as well, but hoping that a request for king might be granted.

Question regarding the changes to the classification of standard rooms. I'm planning to request a king bed and we have a standard room booked. Does anyone know if with the new classification of standard rooms if there will still be king rooms in that category? The view is not really my concern, but just hoping the change won't make a king bed an impossibility. We can certainly be happy in a queen room as well, but hoping that a request for king might be granted.
There should be.

The front of Rarotonga is monorail view, and there are king bed rooms that face the monorail on first and third floors. Depending on how the rooms on the east side of Fiji are classified (away from the marina, facing the Luau beach) there are several there as well. But reclassifying will seriously limit the number of Kings in Standard, so I'd make King Bed your ONLY request if the reclassification happens before your stay (and, honestly, even if it doesn't; even with all of the current SV involved, there aren't loads of Kings).

There should be.

The front of Rarotonga is monorail view, and there are king bed rooms that face the monorail on first and third floors. Depending on how the rooms on the east side of Fiji are classified (away from the marina, facing the Luau beach) there are several there as well. But reclassifying will seriously limit the number of Kings in Standard, so I'd make King Bed your ONLY request if the reclassification happens before your stay (and, honestly, even if it doesn't; even with all of the current SV involved, there aren't loads of Kings).

Thank you! I'll put that as my only request and just hope for the best.

I know I'm up way too late because I thought the top dessert was buttered toast at first! Is it a cake or bread with whipped cream or frosting on it? They all look yummy! Thanks for taking the time and effort to post them.

Have a fantastic trip with your DD.

I'm with you on this. It's a 600 mile drive (1200 round trip). We save by driving and generally I prefer it anyway as we have a layover since the direct flight was cut a few years ago. But if it's going to be a $20 a day charge to park I might as well save the miles on my car. I hope they don't start charging to park. Would this be at all resorts? I looked at Tikiman's page but it was a "in passing" sort of remark about the possibility of parking charges. Surely they would need to give some notice. Quite a hit to add $ for room category and parking. I'm pretty sure they couldn't hit me up for the room since I've already paid in full. IMO Disneyland is quite different as so many hotels are jam-packed into such a small place.

I hope it's a rumor that doesn't come true.

Has anyone taken their kids to the open play at Lilo's clubhouse? Our Poly resort day is 8/26 and I was thinking of taking my 3 year here to play while the rest of the family is swimming. I was wondering what the activities are and if they have characters during the free play like they do during the evening babysitting.
you'll have to double check me but I don't think it opens until 4 or 4:30. It was a flat fee of $55 per child and that included dinner. We dropped my kids there last year for an evening and they loved it, they were disappointed when we came to pick them up, they were older though, 10 and 7.

you'll have to double check me but I don't think it opens until 4 or 4:30. It was a flat fee of $55 per child and that included dinner. We dropped my kids there last year for an evening and they loved it, they were disappointed when we came to pick them up, they were older though, 10 and 7.

They just started a new daytime "drop in" option a few weeks ago. Adults have to stay with the kids and it's relatively no frills... mainly arts/crafts, a place to run around on a rainy day, etc. Let me see if I can find where I read more info about this.

Ugh!! The laundry room looks so far away from everything! I was hoping to throw a load of clothes in then read by the pool until it was time to put them in the dryer. Then pool time again until clothes are done. What do you do with your time when doing laundry at the Poly?

I have some questions about noodles/floats at the Oasis pool.
- Are they allowed?
- Can you rent them or do you need to bring your own?

Ugh!! The laundry room looks so far away from everything! I was hoping to throw a load of clothes in then read by the pool until it was time to put them in the dryer. Then pool time again until clothes are done. What do you do with your time when doing laundry at the Poly?

The laundry is close to the Oasis Pool, and more importantly, the Oasis Pool Bar which has LOTS of shade. I happily volunteer for laundry duty at Poly when we need to do it. :-)

And yes, noodles are allowed. You'll need to bring your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter