Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT + VILLAS Information & Questions

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by maiapapaya, Apr 9, 2015.

1. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 TPAS Moderator Moderator

It’s adjacent but not directly connected to the Lava Pool. While anything is possible, I’d be surprised if they would both be closed at the same time (but note, that’s just speculation on my part!!)

Disneylovingmomof2 likes this.
  2. Beckalecka

Beckalecka Dreaming of Main Street

Staying 2/3-2/9, debating online check-in/skip the front desk. We skipped the front desk last year for WL and it was very convenient. At WL there was really very little welcome we got off the bus the doorman greeted us briefly, we walked into the lobby and headed on our way. Has anyone done it lately? I have wanted to stay at the Poly for years and I am really looking forward to the welcome. Did they meet you at the Magical Express and give you Lei's and welcome packets or was it similar to my experience at the WL?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Disneylovingmomof2

Disneylovingmomof2 Mouseketeer

From what I’ve read even if you do online check in you can still go into the lobby and get the leis...I think they’re waiting when the ME pulls up. Hopefully this is right because it was my plan for our Feb visit :)
    Also we’re getting there the same day!

PPFlight75 and Beckalecka like this.
  5. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

Hmm I go there often. Usually I just go direct to the room. However I do sit and people watch. They have leis in the lobby just ask anyone working at any desk for one and they will get for you.

Often it depends on time of arrival and crowd levels whether they have someone just handing them out.

6. NYCgrrl

NYCgrrl DIS Veteran

The staff is more than happy to give leis to guests no matter how you check in so don't worry about it.
    Even after we checked in I was given an extra lei to braid into DGD's hair:).
    Have fun.

PPFlight75, trishadono and Beckalecka like this.
  7. Beckalecka

Beckalecka Dreaming of Main Street

I have been wondering the same. I hope she is right:)

Disneylovingmomof2 likes this.
  8. blackpearl77

blackpearl77 DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Poly in June and there wasn't anyone to greet you with lei's when you got off the bus. We went to check in (to check in since we didn't get a text) and had to ask for them they didn't offer. Asked for buttons too. But she was very nice and pleasant just had to ask for everything.

trishadono and Beckalecka like this.
  9. collegeprogram01

collegeprogram01 Mouseketeer

We leave in 11 days (not that i am counting!) this is our first time staying here together. It will just be my wife and myself for 9 days...cant wait!!! reading all of your posts is getting me more excited to get down there. will anyone be there from the 19th-28th?!

10. Jen4400

Jen4400 Mouseketeer

Have a blast! We are checking in on the 28th!

mickeynut1 and collegeprogram01 like this.
  11. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

I'll be at the grand but we visit poly every trip.

I love the CC and Kona for lunch. Dd likes traders. Ds just likes to see the grounds.

I stayed there twice last year, I do enjoy climbing the steps(or elevator ) and checking out the view from the ends of the buildings, its so,pretty!

I was surprised how many places you could see HEA from. Beach, lava pool and even the grass area outside lobby doors had many families. Then as we walked back to room even an awesome view from the marina :thumbsup2

You have lots of time make sure to explore gf and CR while you are there. Dh and I like to monorail bar hop. mizners on the 2nd floor of gf lobby is a cozy spot.

I also boat from MK or CR to wl and check it out when I have 2 hours to explore.

Hope I'm not bugging you! I love staying anywhere on mono loop and just exploring via walking on the paths, boats or mono:goodvibes

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  12. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Have a great trip! :wizard:

Hope you have a great time! :goodvibes

collegeprogram01 likes this.
  13. Gbeards07

Gbeards07 Earning My Ears

We will be at the Wilderness Lodge Jan 16-18. Then we will be checking in at the Poly Jan 18-25! See you there!

mickeynut1 and trishadono like this.
  14. NYCgrrl

NYCgrrl DIS Veteran

If you have a large extra suitcase I'm sure the man and I can fit and ensure you'll get all the leis and Dole Whip you need;).

bluejasmine and collegeprogram01 like this.
  15. JennLTX

JennLTX DIS Veteran

November 29, 12:45pm, CC's, having lunch, hoping to get room assignment before heading to HS (we didn't, but it wasn't a problem):

DS (putting his burger down and looking at me in horror): Is... is that The Twelve Days of Christmas???

Me: ... yes? Sort of?

DS: Why would they DO that??????

I love the normal Poly soundtrack, but the holiday version was... not my glass of POG. :crazy2:

beesly, bluejasmine and GADisneyDad14 like this.
  16. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 TPAS Moderator Moderator

I really try not to be negative about life, Disney, and especially my beloved Poly - but that holiday soundtrack was really AWFUL. I’ve been back for over a week and still can’t get the ear screeching sounds out of my brain.

bluejasmine and JennLTX like this.
  17. MaximusHess

MaximusHess Earning My Ears

:banana:Looking forward to our May trip this year! I have always wanted to stay at the Poly,

mickeynut1 and Shellyb84 like this.
  18. LowesChevy

LowesChevy The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vi

Checking in for the week of February 6th-13th baby! Water view room

mickeynut1 likes this.
  19. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

I'm trying to find the announcement on the Lava pool closure and can't seem to. Anyone know how long it will be closed?

NVM... FOUND IT! :)
    Thanks!!!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  20. collegeprogram01

sounds good!!!

21. collegeprogram01

Awesome!! We stayed at the lodge last trip...great place! we have a dining reservation for Whispering Canyon for this trip!

hope to see you soon!!