Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counting the days until I can attempt to book our January Poly stay! Anyone Poly vets have tips for a newbie? Recommended request attempts, things I should make note to see? Thanks!!

Hey everyone! I am counting down the days until we are back home again - 12 days! We are renting a RV since we are bringing my mom and grandmom along, and I know we can park the RV in the parking lot. But does anyone know if we can pull it up to the front door to unload all of our stuff, or do we need to track down a bell hop on a golf cart? Thanks! :)

Our stay was from January 27 - February 2 and we were in Fiji with a standard view room. It was my only room request - I didn't mind being on the 2nd floor without the balcony. View attachment 300878
Thanks for sharing. That is a pretty nice view for standard. I love the location of Fiji. So close to the ceremonial hall but far away enough from the hustle and bustle to feel like you're not at Disney.

Last edited:
Hey everyone!!! So excited that we just booked our first stay at the Poly for August!!!!! I know its going to be HOT but do people hang out on the beach during the day? I know you cant get in but my family really likes the beach vibe. We will be spending a lot of time in the pools but thought we could hang out there too??
I've hung out at the beach quite a bit. They have these swings facing the water which I love spending time on. It is especially pleasant early in the morning and at sunset but you can definitely hang at the beach in the afternoon. They have lounge chairs and there is an opening to the pool not to far away. I've attached a few pics of the beach and sunrise and sunset and one of me hanging out on the swing with my son.

Attachments

• _DSC3042.jpg
    _DSC3042.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 46
  • _DSC3041.JPG
    _DSC3041.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0605.JPG
    IMG_0605.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 43

I want to stay at the POLY on my next trip however, I don’t know whether to stay in a standard room or studio? I was leaning more towards the standard room because of the location being closer to the ceremonial house & the fact that there are 2 real beds, but I hate the look of the room, the color scheme is just blah, it doesn’t feel like Hawaii at all to me. Now I know the studios are farther away from the ceremonial house but wow do they look so much better than the regular rooms! And you get an extra shower, 3 sinks, a microwave, & toaster. The price is very comparable for both but I just can’t decide. Help.
I prefer the studios to the regular rooms even though we were 4. We were in Tokelau last time I stayed in a studio because I asked to placed as close to the ceremonial house as possible. It really was centrally located and very convenient. This was our view from the room.

Attachments

• _DSC3063.JPG
    _DSC3063.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Hey everyone!!! So excited that we just booked our first stay at the Poly for August!!!!! I know its going to be HOT but do people hang out on the beach during the day? I know you cant get in but my family really likes the beach vibe. We will be spending a lot of time in the pools but thought we could hang out there too??

I agree with the PP's post above about the beach. Also, they put this in back in the fall. I believe you can get a ball from the recreation desk over by the boat dock (I don't know that for sure though). We love the Poly beach!

IMG_0742.jpg

Anyone having issues with this mandatory room check policy at Poly? Some resorts sounds worse than others. We check in Saturday.

I've hung out at the beach quite a bit. They have these swings facing the water which I love spending time on. It is especially pleasant early in the morning and at sunset but you can definitely hang at the beach in the afternoon. They have lounge chairs and there is an opening to the pool not to far away. I've attached a few pics of the beach and sunrise and sunset and one of me hanging out on the swing with my son.
Thanks for the pictures! And glad to see we can hang out at the beach!!!

Anyone having issues with this mandatory room check policy at Poly? Some resorts sounds worse than others. We check in Saturday.
Most days we were gone from 8 am to 9 pm so housekeeping came when we were gone. There were a couple of days we came back between 3 and 5 for a short time, and housekeeping had already come those days too. So, it was no issue for us.

Most days we were gone from 8 am to 9 pm so housekeeping came when we were gone. There were a couple of days we came back between 3 and 5 for a short time, and housekeeping had already come those days too. So, it was no issue for us.
I’m wondering if ppl who leave later have had issues. That’s what it seems to be in other resorts. We never leave before 9 or 10am.

I’m wondering if ppl who leave later have had issues. That’s what it seems to be in other resorts. We never leave before 9 or 10am.
Most of the early reports I’ve heard of were in DVC properties rather than regular resort rooms

We stayed DVC at the Poly last week and we only had one day that housekeeping came while we were in the room, and that was a little before 8 am. Other than that, we never saw anyone. My mom and her friends stayed in the room next to ours and they didn't leave the room before 9 am, and they also only saw housekeeping the one time.

We were on the DVC side, and had one day where we were out of the room 830-230 and came back and our trash hadn't been taken. We called and asked them to do it ASAP, as we wanted to nap before going to the After Hours event at MK. They said they'd do what they could, and confirmed that if we DID put the room occupied sign up and decided to nap that they'd still be knocking when they got to our room because they needed to enter the room that day. We waited 20m before calling again and reiterating that we needed to nap and needed it done ASAP and being very up front about the fact that there would be a problem if they showed up while we were asleep.

The whole thing left me stressed - if they can't take care of the room in the 6 hours we were gone, I shouldn't be expected to give up my peace and privacy when I get back.

We were on the DVC side, and had one day where we were out of the room 830-230 and came back and our trash hadn't been taken. We called and asked them to do it ASAP, as we wanted to nap before going to the After Hours event at MK. They said they'd do what they could, and confirmed that if we DID put the room occupied sign up and decided to nap that they'd still be knocking when they got to our room because they needed to enter the room that day. We waited 20m before calling again and reiterating that we needed to nap and needed it done ASAP and being very up front about the fact that there would be a problem if they showed up while we were asleep.

The whole thing left me stressed - if they can't take care of the room in the 6 hours we were gone, I shouldn't be expected to give up my peace and privacy when I get back.
This is exactly what I’m worried about. It’s not okay.

Hey everyone! I am counting down the days until we are back home again - 12 days! We are renting a RV since we are bringing my mom and grandmom along, and I know we can park the RV in the parking lot. But does anyone know if we can pull it up to the front door to unload all of our stuff, or do we need to track down a bell hop on a golf cart? Thanks! :)

We parked and carried luggage to front and were told we could not use the cart we had just piled our luggage on. Drive up and get a bellhop to put bags on a cart. The golf cart could be used after you know the room.

How large are the safes at the Polynesian?
I’m concerned about storing my valuables in my room during these new security checks, especially when I am at the pool. I won’t want to lug my huge purse down there and have it sitting in plain sight while I’m swimming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter