Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone that stayed around Christmas time have their times guides? We were wanting to see dates between December 15-25, 2017. Thanks in Advance.

I don't understand how they can close one of the main features of the resort. We were planning on using this pool a lot!

It is upsetting and I would be as well, but they do have to refurbish at the slower times of the yr, a lot of times they upgrade things around the pool or its being doing for safety reasons as well cosmetic.

I myself get disappointed at closing for refurbs BUT they have to be done so if not on my vacation its on some elses so no matter what some one is going to be upset and there would never be a good time for the refurbs.. The CM at the DRC that helped you make the reservations don't work at the resort so they have no way of knowing about anything until its added to the system then they are required to read you the details they have of the refurb..

Does anyone that stayed around Christmas time have their times guides? We were wanting to see dates between December 15-25, 2017. Thanks in Advance.
I don’t have one handy, but if you google Poly December activities schedule you’ll likely find several years’ worth.

Shortly after booking two rooms at the Polynesian for July, I was diagnosed with arthritis, a ruptured Baker’s Cyst, and a torn meniscus. Ultimately I will need a knee replacement. I can’t do it now because of urgent deadlines at work, so it won’t be happening before our vacation (unless something unforeseen occurs). So, I will rent a wheelchair for the parks and sit in it when walking has become too much for me. The other issue is stairs, my true enemy.

I have seen that others make room requests through TP. I booked through my travel agent, so today I stopped by to request the closest building to the Grand Ceremonial House (preferably Niue) and rooms or at least one room on the first floor. I also specified that I didn’t want a handicapped room because of the water leaking from the shower. I really don’t need to fall on a wet tile floor.

What are the chances that Disney will honor my room request?

How does the Poly club level compare to main building GF club level?

We have stayed at both resorts but Haven’t been to either club...but we just decided between those two club choices for our trip in Oct and ended up going with Poly CL. We have kids 11, 8 and 5 and felt the character and theme of the Poly was so much better and fun. Just one family's Opinion.

Aloha! Been a while since I've posted on the DIS. My family of 3 will be staying at the Poly the last week of August. It will be our first time at the resort -- I've always wanted to stay there. I'll be lurking here until the trip is closer. We're 10 days out for our 180. :)
Aloha! It will be our first time too in July. It’s all very exciting.

I can't help as we've never stayed CL at the Poly, but wanted to suggest also asking this on the GF FAQ as several regular posters on that thread have stayed both Poly CL & GF RPC :flower3:.

Aloha! Been a while since I've posted on the DIS. My family of 3 will be staying at the Poly the last week of August. It will be our first time at the resort -- I've always wanted to stay there. I'll be lurking here until the trip is closer. We're 10 days out for our 180. :)

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Hope you have a great trip in August! Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

Aloha! It will be our first time too in July. It’s all very exciting.

Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

Last edited:
We thought it was friendlier, probably because Poly only has one area so you are recognised more. Breakfast is pretty much the same. We preferred the fact that could serve yourself beer and wine (and the rum cocktail), plus the beer selection is much better in Poly. The desserts we thought were better in GF. You obviously get HEA piped into the Poly club lounge. The GF is more spacious but the views are not as good. Sitting in the big chairs in Poly club first thing looking at the castle is my happy place.

Morning.
Staying cl at the Poly the last week in August. I think we will be taking advantage of the extra f passes.

Suggestions please!
We will do 4 days of parks. Originally we were going to skip HS, but since my daughter saw it on GMA yesterday I guess we should do TSL.

So you can only do extra fast passes on 3 days correct? Can you do 4 days of 6 f passes.
So which 3 parks do you think it would be beneficial for?

We are doing MK, Epcot, HS and Animal Kingdom.

Thanks for any help!

Morning.
Staying cl at the Poly the last week in August. I think we will be taking advantage of the extra f passes.

Suggestions please!
We will do 4 days of parks. Originally we were going to skip HS, but since my daughter saw it on GMA yesterday I guess we should do TSL.

So you can only do extra fast passes on 3 days correct? Can you do 4 days of 6 f passes.
So which 3 parks do you think it would be beneficial for?

We are doing MK, Epcot, HS and Animal Kingdom.

Thanks for any help!

Hi there, quick suggestion.... since your question is more Theme Parks than Resorts related, you’ll get better responses over on this thread: Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase (Logistics)

Alternatively, you can post on the CL thread as well. There are several folks who have booked this and can walk your through the details.

Hope that helps!

Shortly after booking two rooms at the Polynesian for July, I was diagnosed with arthritis, a ruptured Baker’s Cyst, and a torn meniscus. Ultimately I will need a knee replacement. I can’t do it now because of urgent deadlines at work, so it won’t be happening before our vacation (unless something unforeseen occurs). So, I will rent a wheelchair for the parks and sit in it when walking has become too much for me. The other issue is stairs, my true enemy.

I have seen that others make room requests through TP. I booked through my travel agent, so today I stopped by to request the closest building to the Grand Ceremonial House (preferably Niue) and rooms or at least one room on the first floor. I also specified that I didn’t want a handicapped room because of the water leaking from the shower. I really don’t need to fall on a wet tile floor.

What are the chances that Disney will honor my room request?

Keep in mind the longhouses have elevators, except for Niue, but you can use the Rarotonga elevator and then use the second floor walkway to cross that Niue (unfortunately, through the DSA that is on that walkway) -- that is what we did during our December stay in Niue as I have a lot of trouble with stairs.

Also consider whether you would be better with a wheelchair or an ECV. They both have their pros and cons. I use an ECV at Disney because there is no way I could push myself in the wheelchair and I don't want to make my sister push me around. An ECV makes it easy, though it has a different set of challenges, not the least of which is its size :-) I especially use it between areas, and then will park it and walk for most rides, sometimes to a few rides i n a given area, then ride the ECV to the next area. If I am having a bad day, I ride it from ride to ride or even into the attraction.

SW

Anyone know what the pool hours might be once they transition from Feb. into March for spring break ?
I think the pools close in Feb at 8pm? Do they keep them open Later once March rolls around ?

We are arriving March 1st , and hoping the pools and especially hot tubs, are open later than 8pm .

Thanks

Go to your dashboard on touringplans.com, and after you enter the details of your trip, click on Request Room. Then look at the building maps and photos until you see a view you like, and that's the one!
Thanks tNolan and jenn for directions. I hadn’t entered the hotel information yet so I didn’t see the request room button.
One other question is standard view on tp the room type standard room/deluxe studio?

Keep in mind the longhouses have elevators, except for Niue, but you can use the Rarotonga elevator and then use the second floor walkway to cross that Niue (unfortunately, through the DSA that is on that walkway) -- that is what we did during our December stay in Niue as I have a lot of trouble with stairs.

Also consider whether you would be better with a wheelchair or an ECV. They both have their pros and cons. I use an ECV at Disney because there is no way I could push myself in the wheelchair and I don't want to make my sister push me around. An ECV makes it easy, though it has a different set of challenges, not the least of which is its size :-) I especially use it between areas, and then will park it and walk for most rides, sometimes to a few rides i n a given area, then ride the ECV to the next area. If I am having a bad day, I ride it from ride to ride or even into the attraction.

SW
Thanks. I appreciate your feedback.
As far as an ECV, I don't want to deal with maneuvering a vehicle in the parks. I don't want to risk running anyone over, especially the way kids will dart in front of you without warning. On our last trip, we were in a gift shop, and a woman ran over the rubber part of my sneaker, missing my actual foot by millimeters. Meanwhile, she didn't notice and kept right on going as I thanked God for not letting her crush and shatter my foot. I'm not really confident that I would handle it safely. I have 3 people traveling with me that can take turns pushing. Also, if I want to take the boat from Poly, the wheelchair is more portable than an ECV. DH can fold it up and put it on the boat vs. us only being able to use a bus or monorail with the ECV. I really don't plan on using the wheelchair the majority of the time, only for taking breaks and having a place to sit while my family rides the rides I don't like. I'm finding that if I rest too much, my arthritis gets aggravated, and my legs stiffen up, so I need to stay active, just take some extra time outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!